Justice League (2017)

PetyrPunkinhead

Cyborg, if they go with the version where he has powers which rather ruin his life, could be compared to Scarlet Witch.

As a comic-book child of the post-crash '90s it just isn't a proper Justice League if Green Lantern, J'onn and Plastic Man aren't in it, though.

I'm not sure how on earth they can introduce Martian Manhunter, but I'm sad that they don't have him. He's probably my favorite DC character  and one of the few who did the alien on earth thing actually right. 

6 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'm not sure how on earth they can introduce Martian Manhunter, but I'm sad that they don't have him. He's probably my favorite DC character  and one of the few who did the alien on earth thing actually right. 

He's actually not terrible on Supergirl, so I'm certain he'd work. Just have him been laying low for a while.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

ETA: And after reading the entire thread I see you have forgotten more about this subject than I will ever know and I bow to your wisdom.

Finally some recognition! :P 

Although @Manhole Eunuchsbane is right, my comparison was based on the movies only :ph34r:

3 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I've only seen both films once, but I recall being 50x more disappointed in GL as I walked out of the theater. This is likely due to the fact I'm a hardcore ride or die Hal Jordan fanboy from the Super Friends days, so I had much, much higher hopes for the GL film. (I blocked all of that Parallax bidness outta my mind.) 

I can understand that. I've been cringing regularly at how a certain tv show has been depicting my favorite character but - and not to defend the GL film too much- I don't think Hal Jordan has been depicted on his film as atrociously as Barry Allen has been on the CW show.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Damn. He would've been a perfect Lobo. Original, not this 52 version.

What 52 version? He says in complete denial :)

8 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

While there's no Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern in the initial flick --or at least in the promo pics--, we might get John Jones to set up the former for JL2 ... and I think that we might still get GL appearance ... just a feeling....

The rule of superhero films is that you always have to throw in new characters for the sequels. Usually it's the villains but if you have a team film (and hundreds of options supplied by the comics) then you throw in new members. GL and MM are very strong candidates and I agree that we may see a tease for lantern although that might not be until JL2 when it's closer to the Green Lantern Corps film. I am so glad that "corps" is in the title as it suggests my preferred intergalctic police/space opera take on the franchise - given Geoff Johns is now a heavy hitter for DCfilms I'm hoping he pushes his first few years of comic work onto screen (he made his career and the GL franchise work up until the fallout of Black Lanterns).

15 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

While there's no Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern in the initial flick --or at least in the promo pics--, we might get John Jones to set up the former for JL2 ... and I think that we might still get GL appearance ... just a feeling....

I hope you're right, Martian Manhunter is my favorite JL member. I have always thought he was the coolest member. He is a founder in all the Justice Leagues I've ever read too. I don't know if I can watch a JL without him. 

4 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

I hope you're right, Martian Manhunter is my favorite JL member. I have always thought he was the coolest member. He is a founder in all the Justice Leagues I've ever read too. I don't know if I can watch a JL without him. 

The movies rarely reflect the source comics perfectly... They left Ant Man & the Wasp out of the first two Avengers movies, and they were founders... as much as my nerd brain wanted them to be a part of it... I realize that there were probably good reasons they did things the way they did... and I haven't been disappointed since Marvel started making their own movies.... so Hopefully DC has a plan. 

Archived