Arya endgame?

TheSeer27

1 hour ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

All good my friend. 

Not to derail the OP too much but...

Do we think Arya will be able to change her face as Jaqen does in CoK:

I'm assuming she would have to learn this from the FM, she wouldn't be able to figure it out on her own. Will they teach her? They have to know that she stil is not "no one" (sorry for the double negative, don't know how else to word it).

I think that the technique that Jaqen uses is pretty advanced stuff that is only available to experienced FM agents.  I very seriously doubt that Arya is going to stick around long enough to become a FM.  Frankly, if GRRM was intending for her to become a full FM, she would be well advanced in her training,  As it is, she has learned some spying and info-gathering techniques, and some about poisons, but hardly anything that is useful in actually killing people.  (And let's face it, poison isn't really Arya's style).  I would be very surprised if she hasn't left the FM by the middle of TWOW.  She sure as hell isn't going to become a full-fledged assassin.  Not at this rate.  And the events in the preview chapter

aren't likely to improve her standing with them any.

Jaqen used a glamour that's not the same thing as a full FM face change.  He could of used it as slight of hand to cover doing a full face change but the FM ritual magic with the faces is pretty specific stuff as it deals with actual souls.

Thus the memory transfer that FM have to deal with requiring a strong identity not to be subsumed.

25 minutes ago, Darksnider05 said:

Jaqen used a glamour that's not the same thing as a full FM face change. 

This is so interesting as I had never connected the two.

But, in one of the Dunk and Egg stories, BR uses glamour to change his face and Dunk's experience is that the details of his face escape attention. Arya is generally a perceptive kid, since she doesn't mention that, it might have well been a full FM face change.

51 minutes ago, Darksnider05 said:

Jaqen used a glamour that's not the same thing as a full FM face change.  He could of used it as slight of hand to cover doing a full face change but the FM ritual magic with the faces is pretty specific stuff as it deals with actual souls.

Thus the memory transfer that FM have to deal with requiring a strong identity not to be subsumed.

Jaqen still has the same face when he is in Oldtown, several months later.  This suggests that it is a semi-permanent change, and not just a temporary expedient to get out of Harrenhal.  In any case, I have serious doubts that Arya will be learning it from the FM.  

Archived