The Walking Dead Season 7 (Comic Spoilers) What? Was the joke that bad?

The BlackBear

4 hours ago, kairparavel said:

All this Mad Max talk is #lame. Like really. 

Also, is this Thunderdome group the Skinwalkers?

LOL! I thought the exact some thing with the Mad Max-speak. And this group isn't the WHisperers form the comics. Showrunner Scott Gimple called them "The Scavengers" in the behind the scenes clips for this episode. However, I feel like this group of scavengers might turn into the Whisperers on the TV show post All-Out War. Notice how they were all so quiet? Creepy-ass female leader? If things go bad for this group post war then I can see them offshooting and turning into Whisperers, especially if the TV show does a time jump like the comic.

32 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

LOL! I thought the exact some thing with the Mad Max-speak. And this group isn't the WHisperers form the comics. Showrunner Scott Gimple called them "The Scavengers" in the behind the scenes clips for this episode. However, I feel like this group of scavengers might turn into the Whisperers on the TV show post All-Out War. Notice how they were all so quiet? Creepy-ass female leader? If things go bad for this group post war then I can see them offshooting and turning into Whisperers, especially if the TV show does a time jump like the comic.

Thought I saw an unusually tall guy that could Beta too.

Weird talking aside I liked this one. The bladed walker Rick had to fight was creepy af, and I liked the Daryl/Carol/Morgan stuff. 

That was so dumb.  I wonder what idiot sat down and said, "Hey, it would be really awesome if we do some Mad Max speak and then also have these Scavengers perform a choreographed entrance."  The dialogue was beyond terrible.  "Why did you do that?  What does it mean?" So not only is the writing staff stupid and untalented, but they think the audience is all stupid as well.

1 minute ago, Dr. Pepper said:

That was so dumb.  I wonder what idiot sat down and said, "Hey, it would be really awesome if we do some Mad Max speak and then also have these Scavengers perform a choreographed entrance."  The dialogue was beyond terrible.  "Why did you do that?  What does it mean?" So not only is the writing staff stupid and untalented, but they think the audience is all stupid as well.

Also, I hope Rick is only going to use these people for cannon fodder because people who "only take, and not bother" aren't really going to be that useful in a fight. Go get us the guns, we'll just sit here and wait! And that veiled threat at the end "or else"

47 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I didn't think that through, lol. I forget that a huge portion of the audience is conservatives, who tend to be an intellectually bankrupt bunch.

That's an insane generalization.  I could make the case that liberals are a bunch of self hating Americans that turn a blind eye to the misogyny and homophobia and murder of radical Islam in the name of multiculturalism and never met an oppressive murderous communist dictator like Fidel Castro they did not admire.

its not true of course.

That said, many Trump supporters are pretty dopey and provincial and have a Third World mentality saying they need a dictator to rule them whose "truth" is not questioned, but not all conservatives are Trump supporters.

48 minutes ago, generalzod said:

That's an insane generalization.  I could make the case that liberals are a bunch of self hating Americans that turn a blind eye to the misogyny and homophobia and murder of radical Islam in the name of multiculturalism and never met an oppressive murderous communist dictator like Fidel Castro they did not admire.

its not true of course.

That said, many Trump supporters are pretty dopey and provincial and have a Third World mentality saying they need a dictator to rule them whose "truth" is not questioned, but not all conservatives are Trump supporters.

Lol.  So basically, "Don't make a generalization because generalizations are bad but here's a generalization of my own."

Intellectual bankruptcy indeed.  

Does the word "many" elude you?  Notice I said "many," not all. I did not just say "Trump supporters" which would indicate ALL of them, the way you out did with conservatives.

Or the fact that I debunked my own generalization about liberals by saying "it's not true?"

Reading is challenging, but fundamental before you call people intellectually bankrupt.  Physician heal thyself.

28 minutes ago, akh said:

What the hell has happened to this show?! 

I mean it wasn't a masterpiece before, but this? 

Did they change the staff? Cut the funding?

They're on their third showrunner, but Gimple has had the job since season four. As for the funding I don't think it's been cut they just never really gave them enough to begin with. The lack of a proper budget was one of the reasons Darabont left/was fired back in early season two. I don't think the situation ever really improved. From everything I've read AMC is a horrible network to produce a show for. 

5 hours ago, generalzod said:

Does the word "many" elude you?  Notice I said "many," not all. I did not just say "Trump supporters" which would indicate ALL of them, the way you out did with conservatives.

Or the fact that I debunked my own generalization about liberals by saying "it's not true?"

Reading is challenging, but fundamental before you call people intellectually bankrupt.  Physician heal thyself.

You're right.  I misread.

Though I have zero issues making a broad generalization about mainstream American conservatives.  They are a cesspit of stupid.  Feel free to join in on the US politics thread in GenChat to learn more.  

As pertains to this show, it's clear that the dialogue has become dumber with each season, it happens that it correlates with the rise in the rural conservative audience.  

Archived