The Walking Dead Season 7 (Comic Spoilers) What? Was the joke that bad?

The BlackBear

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Ahhhh.... the ole' shoot the deer and hide in the box trick.... why didn't we see that coming?...

I guess the soldiers all died of natural causes, since their rifles were still on their backs

Must've been that same virus that killed so many people in the prison. If only they'd had some antibiotics.

As for the slow speech of the scavengers, I just pretend that they're taking advantage of the situation and have decided to do some role-playing. Might as well have some fun during the apocalypse, right?

So, I just saw that the actress who plays Sasha is the lead in the new Star Trek show.  That...combined with her insistence on joining the sniper mission...means she's pretty much a goner, right?  The question is...does Rosita die as well?

It was a bit like Rick and Michonne went on a laser quest/zombie rampage date and I, for one, thought it was adorable. Bloody obvious that flat wet roof was gonna cave in though. 

Yeah, I'd say we're due some mild peril round about now. Maybe both of the suicide squad? I don't mind.

4 hours ago, HokieStone said:

So, I just saw that the actress who plays Sasha is the lead in the new Star Trek show.  That...combined with her insistence on joining the sniper mission...means she's pretty much a goner, right?  The question is...does Rosita die as well?

I'm thinking she probably will. She dies in the comics anyway, it's just Whisperers that kill her not the Saviours. I really don't see how Negan could let her get away with trying to kill him, twice.

Rosita's manic obsession with pushing forward is nuts considering there are 4 other factions (Hilltop, Kingdom, Junkyard, and the fem-beach group) that are most likely going to join Alexandria to fight Negan.  If she would just take a xanax and chill out till they come to their senses she can attack Negan's camp with a full crew.  It's not like they haven't prematurely attacked Negan before, right?  I have to believe that Rosita and Sasha will be goners with their rogue mission, or will cause someone else to die. Negan typically kills others instead of the direct person for a gaffe (Glen when Daryl took a swing, and the girl and Eugene at Alexandria when Rosita took a shot). 

As for Rick and Michonne, it's comical how often they break their own rules that they set. Hey, let's preserve ammo and be stealthy, but we'll take some shots at the carnival for the hell of it. Also, the roof caving in is a recycled event. Rick wanting to kill the deer for Michonne is hilarious. He's got zombies knocking at the door and he decides to be the carnival hero and get the stuffed animal for the girl he wishes to impress, only to fall on his face... Lol

Either or, any time zombies are involved it seems to be  a more interesting episode. The last 4 look to be good entertainment.

29 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Im gonna be pissd if they kill off Rosita, actually wouldnt be too pleased if its Sasha that gets it either. They should kill off the Preacher or Mullet head instead.

See, I'd say the exact opposite. I don't find Sasha or Rosita particularly interesting. I'd rather see where things are going with Eugene and the Saviors, and Seth Gilliam (Father Gabriel) at least is a really good actor. 

Sasha is toast even if the producers claim the schedules are such that Star Trek and Walking Dead won't clash. Tricky given the schedule for Star Trek keeps being pushed back. That's just them trying to create a surprise. This show in particular has a bad track record for this type of thing although GOT does it too with The Viper getting a lead part in "narcos" and ser Loras being cast as "iron fist". We just have to be polite and play along. We can always be surprised by how they die at least.

11 hours ago, Isis said:

It was a bit like Rick and Michonne went on a laser quest/zombie rampage date and I, for one, thought it was adorable. Bloody obvious that flat wet roof was gonna cave in though. 

Yeah, I'd say we're due some mild peril round about now. Maybe both of the suicide squad? I don't mind.

It was super cute that we got to see one of the show's most miserable characters be happy (and not want to end the honeymoon). Although it was a shame that it meant Zombies are just a joke as far as being a threat is anymore. I know these two are elite Z-killers but if you can be that reckless and nothing worse than losing a deer occurs then the zombies are lame. Towards the end of the episode I was wanting some kind of punishment for their behaviour like a twisted ankle or something. Michonne's realisation that it's all fun and games until someone gets eaten alive by Zombies was well done though.

Nice bit of deus ex machina that the military/school/fairground was full of weapons and supplies and no-one else had ever found it. It moves the plot along anyhow.

I continue to warm to the idea that the heapsters are some modern art dance troupe with their continued "talk weirding/ fear connecting words"

6 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Also, the roof caving in is a recycled event.

In this case I beleive it was intended as a call back. Rick did warn them to be careful. But people are reckless when they are in love :P

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I'm thinking she probably will. She dies in the comics anyway, it's just Whisperers that kill her not the Saviours. I really don't see how Negan could let her get away with trying to kill him, twice.

I can't wait for that scene - I'm guessing it will have to be a mid-season break but the showrunners will be desperately wanting to plan it so that the scene is a bunch of silhouetted heads on sticks with onlooking characters looking aghast. We then have to wait a month or two to find out which cast members actually died.

Thirteen episodes so far this season and basically nothing has happened, the plot has barely advanced.  I don't even think it's advanced much since the middle of last season.  Negan and the Saviors kill people we know and like and have further demoralized the living.  Rick and co need to fight them.  That's it.  That's all that's happened so far.  

There's no cigarette I'd want bad enough to smoke a several years old one.  

7 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Thirteen episodes so far this season and basically nothing has happened, the plot has barely advanced.  I don't even think it's advanced much since the middle of last season.  Negan and the Saviors kill people we know and like and have further demoralized the living.  Rick and co need to fight them.  That's it.  That's all that's happened so far.  

There's no cigarette I'd want bad enough to smoke a several years old one.  

Agree.  I was sure that the last thing we would see last night was Morgan hunting down the long-haired guy who killed Benjamin.  Only 3 episodes left.  Next week looks like it will be Sasha and Rosita doing their thing - I suspect that one or both will get killed/captured. That same episode, and the episode after that will see Rick and gang formalizing their alliance with the Kingdom, and Hilltop (ousting their leader), getting guns to the trash heap people, and probably bringing the women of the Oceanside into the alliance(or at least stealing their guns).  Last episode will see them taking out some of Negan's henchman.  The guy who killed Benjamin will get killed - actually, I suspect the whole team that comes to get offering from the Kingdom will get killed.  And I think at Hilltop, they'll take out Negan's right-hand man - Simon, I think his name is.  Season will end with Negan vowing to kill them all, and Rick vowing the same thing back.

Or something along those lines...

1 hour ago, HokieStone said:

Agree.  I was sure that the last thing we would see last night was Morgan hunting down the long-haired guy who killed Benjamin.  Only 3 episodes left.  Next week looks like it will be Sasha and Rosita doing their thing - I suspect that one or both will get killed/captured. That same episode, and the episode after that will see Rick and gang formalizing their alliance with the Kingdom, and Hilltop (ousting their leader), getting guns to the trash heap people, and probably bringing the women of the Oceanside into the alliance(or at least stealing their guns).  Last episode will see them taking out some of Negan's henchman.  The guy who killed Benjamin will get killed - actually, I suspect the whole team that comes to get offering from the Kingdom will get killed.  And I think at Hilltop, they'll take out Negan's right-hand man - Simon, I think his name is.  Season will end with Negan vowing to kill them all, and Rick vowing the same thing back.

Or something along those lines...

Link back to this after the finale.  I'm willing to bet this will 100% be what happens.  

Gave up on this show last year but just caught the latest episode at my mate's house today... looks like practically nothing has happened?? they've spent 14 dull episodes of season 7 slowly building up to another season cliffhanger. 

I believe ratings have taken a hammering so another piss poor season ending via cliffhanger could be the nail in the coffin for this show.

Isn't Negan alive in the comics still? And the comics are pretty far ahead of the show right now? If that's the case, and you're waiting for Negan to drop dead, it seems like your expectations aren't realistic.

Archived