The Walking Dead Season 7 (Comic Spoilers) What? Was the joke that bad?

The BlackBear

2 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I enjoyed the finale. About 5 minutes before the treachery with Junkyard, I remembered when Ned went into the throne room in GoT and thought he had the Gold Cloaks on his side, about to take the royal children into his custody, and it made me wonder if it was possible Negan had spoken with them, and they would turn. I quickly dismissed the thought. Well...

The whole battle was awesome, and loved the tiger gore. Sasha wanted a gun or knife, and only got a pill. Well, she maximized that situation. The only better outcome would've been her biting Negan. It was entertaining to see Negan losing control, as we've yet to see him in that capacity. 

Who wrote "Didn't know" on that soldier figure? Dwight?

I had a feeling the Scavangers were going to switch sides. I didn't like them from the start, but this episode I knew it when the sniper chick told Michonne the first time "We win". And yes, I'm pretty sure it was Dwight who wrote that, since Daryl of all people found it.

9 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I had a feeling the Scavangers were going to switch sides. I didn't like them from the start, but this episode I knew it when the sniper chick told Michonne the first time "We win". And yes, I'm pretty sure it was Dwight who wrote that, since Daryl of all people found it.

Yeah that makes sense. No one will believe Dwight, which makes his storyline next season interesting. I thought for a few moments that Negan was gonna bash Eugene's head in back at the Sanctuary, but smart of him to have a viable excuse for Sasha's death.

On 3/27/2017 at 10:02 AM, HokieStone said:

I still think she dies next episode.  In fact, she may die offscreen...Negan and gang show up with her as a bargaining chip...she's got the bag over her head.  They turn her over to Rick, pull the bag off...and it's zombie Sasha!  Which doesn't really make any sense, as she should be making zombie sounds...but I think they pulled that on "Fear the Walking Dead" already.

Aha...I was right about Zombie Sasha!  Well...sort of. 

I did expect Negan's #2 to die, and we didn't see the crew that had been taking tribute from the Kingdom, so my predictions otherwise were off.  I expect we'll see the women of Oceanside show up next season, though.

7 hours ago, red snow said:

We should look into it further tomorrow.

Well, no need for that now. I did call quite a bit of the other stuff though. Interesting how closely they followed the comics. Even Sasha got some of Holly's storyline from the comics in the end there. All in all, a very good season finale.

5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I think all of you are missing the most important revelation of the finale. The Kingdom owns horses that can climb walls!

haha, didn't think about that, just kinda went with it. I wonder if they got in via the area where that semi plowed thru when the Wolves attacked. Whatever patch job was done there might be removable. :dunno:

Thought it was dreadful. The battle itself felt like something out of a straight to dvd B movie.

Worse, the sheer stupidity of this episode. Why would Rick's group, armed with guns, explosives and the element of surprise (they think) need (and allow) 50 armed dumper folk inside Alexandria to take down 20 saviours? and why would they rig the explosives at their gate which will presumably blow a giant crater at the only entrance and attract every walker within a 50 mile radius, instead of say, setting an ambush further up the road. As soon as I saw the dumpster folk arriving in impressive force it was obvious there would be a double-cross.

Why did the Kingdom and Hilltop feel the need to assist killing the 20 saviors, and how did their bloody horses get over those walls. And finally, what exactly is Morgan's "armor" supposed to protect him from.

The crazy thing is that this was a really good episode and finale for TWD.  Showrunners seem to have caught on that you can end a season without some stupid cliffhanger while still leaving people wanting for more.  But it still was really stupid because...

9 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I think all of you are missing the most important revelation of the finale. The Kingdom owns horses that can climb walls!

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing at that.  

1 hour ago, dooog said:

Thought it was dreadful. The battle itself felt like something out of a straight to dvd B movie.

Worse, the sheer stupidity of this episode. Why would Rick's group, armed with guns, explosives and the element of surprise (they think) need (and allow) 50 armed dumper folk inside Alexandria to take down 20 saviours? and why would they rig the explosives at their gate which will presumably blow a giant crater at the only entrance and attract every walker within a 50 mile radius, instead of say, setting an ambush further up the road. As soon as I saw the dumpster folk arriving in impressive force it was obvious there would be a double-cross.

Why did the Kingdom and Hilltop feel the need to assist killing the 20 saviors, and how did their bloody horses get over those walls. And finally, what exactly is Morgan's "armor" supposed to protect him from.

And all this, too.  They pretty much gave everything to the Scavs for no good reason.  It would have been easier to try to ambush the Saviors en route.  Keep part of their plans hidden at least.

But Carl, though.  Dude's a quick thinker.  Seemed too out of character.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

The crazy thing is that this was a really good episode and finale for TWD.  Showrunners seem to have caught on that you can end a season without some stupid cliffhanger while still leaving people wanting for more.  But it still was really stupid because...

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing at that.  

And all this, too.  They pretty much gave everything to the Scavs for no good reason.  It would have been easier to try to ambush the Saviors en route.  Keep part of their plans hidden at least.

But Carl, though.  Dude's a quick thinker.  Seemed too out of character.

How so? Earlier in the season he snuck on a truck and when discovered he quickly shot 2 of Negan's people. He's been steadily becoming more and more capable, at least as a fighter.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

How so? Earlier in the season he snuck on a truck and when discovered he quickly shot 2 of Negan's people. He's been steadily becoming more and more capable, at least as a fighter.

More capable as a fighter, but not necessarily a quick or agile thinker.  I'd argue he's always been capable as a fighter, though he's learning more skills as time goes on.  The plot you mention is one where Carl made a plan to kill Negan, hopped on a truck to carry out that plan and then started to shoot indiscriminately.  It was a bad plan, but still a plan.  What happened in this episode was actual quick thinking.  Only a major distraction could turn the tables for the Alexandrians and Carl was the very first to react.  That's new, imo.  

45 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

More capable as a fighter, but not necessarily a quick or agile thinker.  I'd argue he's always been capable as a fighter, though he's learning more skills as time goes on.  The plot you mention is one where Carl made a plan to kill Negan, hopped on a truck to carry out that plan and then started to shoot indiscriminately.  It was a bad plan, but still a plan.  What happened in this episode was actual quick thinking.  Only a major distraction could turn the tables for the Alexandrians and Carl was the very first to react.  That's new, imo.  

New, but on track with his development. And being a capable fighter includes quick/agile thinking in a fighting situation. Like how Gregor Clegane may be an idiot in most situations, but not when it comes to fighting.

On 4/2/2017 at 3:11 PM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

You and me both. Especially if I get a "Story by" credit. Message board posts stand up in a court of law, right?

Hold the door ;)

What an atrocious episode. The sheer pointless plot developments that forsake logic for the sake of shock value and drama are insane.

What was the point of Sasha turning herself into a zombie? What could a shambling, unthinking zombie achieve that she could not with her bare hands and teeth? Zombies don't suddenly become stronger or faster than when they were alive. In fact, the contrary is true. Ridiculous, ridiculous setup for the sake of drama.

And what the heck type of useless, idiotic, planless war leader is Rick? Seriously, like Jon Snow in the Game of Thrones TV Show, what has he actually done to deserve being leader /King in the North?

His plans are constantly stupid, he can't fight, is constantly on his knees, getting plenty of practice acting out his former career as a British soap opera actor, and is basically just useless. Boy what happened to the good old days of Rick on the farm, Rick at the prison (despite being mad) or Rick after Terminus?

Today's Rick is a joke.

As for the actual fight. Oh boy. This series basically has one strategy to make people win/lose fights. And it foregoes all logic. Basically, just zoom in on the subject about to be defeated, and then have the enemy burst/appear/charge from the hidden side of the screen to catch him by surprise. That's how Darryl - the master woodsman - was ambushed in the woods about a dozen times over the last 7 Seasons. That's how Rick was caught by that bunch of "Takers" who wanted to rape Carl until Rick bit the leader's face off. And that's how Negan is suddenly surprised by a friggin TIGER flying in from off-screen, at the head of a cavalry charge inside a walled friggin compound!

I mean, come on. Can this series go any lower? It is an utter joke.

17 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

What was the point of Sasha turning herself into a zombie?

To prevent Negan from using her as leverage against Rick and co.

Archived