The BlackBear

The Walking Dead Season 7 (Comic Spoilers) What? Was the joke that bad?

373 posts in this topic

There's a trailer out, and yes there's a tiger. (non-US viewers may need to find a proxy)

They're doubling down on their clickbait treatment of Neegans victim. Do you think you'll care when we finally find out who it is?

Edited by The BlackBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

There's a trailer out, and yes there's a tiger. (non-US viewers may need to find a proxy)

They're doubling down on their clickbait treatment of Neegans victim. Do you think you'll care when we finally find out who it is?

I already don't care who the victim is. The viewers and the show are the real victims of that finale.

Wasn't going to bother with season 7 until enough people had told me it was good and so I could binge it and not have to spend 5 weeks at a time waiting for plots to continue (I don't see them dropping this approach because they think it makes them stylisitically unique). But there's a mother-loving Tiger in it. I must stay strong :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, red snow said:

I already don't care who the victim is. The viewers and the show are the real victims of that finale.

Wasn't going to bother with season 7 until enough people had told me it was good and so I could binge it and not have to spend 5 weeks at a time waiting for plots to continue (I don't see them dropping this approach because they think it makes them stylisitically unique). But there's a mother-loving Tiger in it. I must stay strong :)

 

Damn. I was pissed off I ddin't get to see Negan play Lucille, but it never made me want to quit the series. Its called a cliffhanger and that ain't nothing new. As for Ezekiel and his tiger, I always thought it was a stretch in the comics (Yes, I appreciate the irony of that in a show set in the zombpocalypse.) so I can't wait to see how they pull it off in the TV show. And I'm not too sure I dig the guy playing Ezekiel. He looks like a younger dude in a bad grey wig and beard and not like an older man. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Damn. I was pissed off I ddin't get to see Negan play Lucille, but it never made me want to quit the series. Its called a cliffhanger and that ain't nothing new. As for Ezekiel and his tiger, I always thought it was a stretch in the comics (Yes, I appreciate the irony of that in a show set in the zombpocalypse.) so I can't wait to see how they pull it off in the TV show. And I'm not too sure I dig the guy playing Ezekiel. He looks like a younger dude in a bad grey wig and beard and not like an older man. 

 

it's more the general approach to the show - that's been going on for the last 3 seasons. It wasn't like the finale was the instigator. I'm just sick of 2-3 good episodes followed by wheel spinning and the infuriating "we can't put 4 storylines in an episode - you have to wait 4 weeks to find out how a story continues". I'll give the binge approach a try but I'm tired of how the weekly storyline plays out.

The fact I didn't bother watching season 2 of "fear" also plays into the decision to not care that much. That and no one I work with watches it until it becomes available on amazon uk so no social pressure to watch either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, red snow said:

it's more the general approach to the show - that's been going on for the last 3 seasons. It wasn't like the finale was the instigator. I'm just sick of 2-3 good episodes followed by wheel spinning and the infuriating "we can't put 4 storylines in an episode - you have to wait 4 weeks to find out how a story continues". I'll give the binge approach a try but I'm tired of how the weekly storyline plays out.

The fact I didn't bother watching season 2 of "fear" also plays into the decision to not care that much. That and no one I work with watches it until it becomes available on amazon uk so no social pressure to watch either.

 

It's a pile of shite show it's okay to say it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dooog said:

 

It's a pile of shite show it's okay to say it

cutting through the BS :) 

Feels like a help-group. "I've watched 6 seasons of Walking Dead and I don't think I like it"

It can be hugely entertaining but the pacing is probably the worst I've seen in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping this up so spoilery stuff can be discussed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a sneak peek released at NYCC that's now online.  Even though this is the spoiler thread...I'll spoiler text this since it's not from an actual episode that has aired...

Spoiler

Well, first spoiler...it wasn't Rick that was killed.  Hardly shocking, I know.  The whole clip consists of a conversation between Negan and Rick, with Negan holding the bloody bat.  The key part is where Negan talks to a guy off screen, and then tells Rick (paraphrasing) "He's my right hand man.  It's important that a leader have a right hand man, don't you think?  Is one of these people here your right hand man?  Oh...wait...did I just...<bat knocking sound>" 

The obvious implication here is that he killed of Darryl.  Who knows if that's true.  I kind of feel like it's a red herring...what with a previous clip showing some guy wearing Darryl's jacket, and now this...seems like they're trying a little too hard to lead people in that direction.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2016 at 1:05 PM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Damn. I was pissed off I ddin't get to see Negan play Lucille, but it never made me want to quit the series. Its called a cliffhanger and that ain't nothing new. As for Ezekiel and his tiger, I always thought it was a stretch in the comics (Yes, I appreciate the irony of that in a show set in the zombpocalypse.) so I can't wait to see how they pull it off in the TV show. And I'm not too sure I dig the guy playing Ezekiel. He looks like a younger dude in a bad grey wig and beard and not like an older man. 

I think there's a time and place for cliffhangers, and there's a way to use them well.  It would have been a perfect cliffhanger to show someone (Glenn, probably) get beat to death with a bat and then leave the audience to wonder what happens to the rest of Rick's formerly merry band.  However, it's obnoxious to cut the scene right before someone dies, especially when there is literally source material telling us who fucking dies.  It'd be like Game of Thrones cutting the Red Wedding right before Robb dies.  What's the fucking point?  It's just a waste of everyone's time.  Granted, they may stupidly decide to kill off someone other than Glenn, but that would be just another in a long string of terrible decisions the show has made to pointlessly stray from what is generally a pretty good comic narrative. 

As for Ezekiel and his tiger, I agree it was silly in the comics, but whatever.  I enjoyed it.  I'm sure the show will figure out some creative way to fuck it up.

Anyway, I can pretty much predict how the first half of this Walking Dead season will go.  We'll get two to three good episodes to get our hopes up that they finally get it, two to three awful episodes about nothing in particular because the budget had to be met to remind us the showrunners are fucking hacks, and a couple of mediocre episodes to round it out.  You know...pretty much how every season of The Walking Dead goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I thought the new season was supposed to start tonight?

Oct 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am legitimately exited for the new season. Never felt this way about a Walking Dead season but I finally caught up on the show via Netflix (lost interest in S6 after the fake-out) and I am pumped. It does help I only have to wait a week to answer the "who did Negan kill" question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it has started again. 

They are really milking this "who died?" thing. 

Edit: Ha. Double Wammy. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:26 PM, Azzanadra said:

I am legitimately exited for the new season. Never felt this way about a Walking Dead season but I finally caught up on the show via Netflix (lost interest in S6 after the fake-out) and I am pumped. It does help I only have to wait a week to answer the "who did Negan kill" question. 

Around 20 minutes in, I am seriously considering it.  (the bolded.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This show is now officially torture porn. Started to get that way last season, but now it's all the way there. I'm legitimately exiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about they just kill every character and save us the trouble of more episodes and seasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'll say it if nobody else will. I liked it. 

 

My only problem with it is going by the show's history, it won't be able to keep the tension this episode had. As a stand alone episode, it rocked my nerves. I just know that they'll be up to their old tricks soon enough. 

 

But again, as a self contained episode- it was great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Edit: Ha. Double Wammy. 

Sometimes you just gotta make a point. :spank:.     :spank:

I actually liked the episode too, sets the tone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,  I suspected Abraham would get it and then Glenn because of some reaction by someone. And ayup. 

I totally love JDM. Just not sure about how this season goes. I was turned off at the comic at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....I loved this episode.... if you are a fan of this show, it was heart wrenching...

....Vampire Bat =Great Line

.... Nice going, Daryl

... They went out like champs...

.... and Jeffery Dean Morgan is friggin amazing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.