The BlackBear

The Walking Dead Season 7 (Comic Spoilers) What? Was the joke that bad?

373 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Wtf is that goofy preacher up to now (hijacking all the supplies)? He's long overdue for a nice ass beating, I hope the writers dont rehab him with some convoluted explanation like he was up to some secret strategy.

Well, he was pretty obviously coerced into it.  The 2nd figure sitting up in the car as he drove away...and then Rick and gang figuring out he left a clue for them as to where he was headed....

I don't think I saw that many older men in the group that surrounded Rick at the end. Maybe they're another group that the saviors killed every man above the age of 12.

10 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Holy crap! What a terrifically bad episode. I mean, wow. At first I thought I was watching some parody of the show, but nope. That was it and it was really that poorly written--and acted. That whole scene at the Hilltop was just garbage. The reunion with Morgan was about as anticlimactic as you can get. Ezekiel pusses out like we knew he would. Carol gets to be the old lady in the woods for a brief scene with a kid who will obviously die. (My guess is his death will turn Ezekiel's mind about fighting the saviors.) And then all of a sudden they run into a cornucopia of explosives. So next Rosita barks out a few orders and they all become bomb experts. An admittedly cool slicing of walkers happens then Michonne and Rick push--yes, PUSH--their way through a herd of walkers. WTF show am I even watching?!?!? 

I think they wanted to maintain the quality level they achieved with the 5 minute nodding and hugging scene from before the break.

My god this show is on a very steep downwards curve in terms of quality.

Yeah, it's comically bad.  I thought maybe it's intended to be this way now, but I caught talking dead (sling tv had a promo for TWD for free last night) and greg nic still thinks he's doing something deep.  I assume the next few episodes will go back to their terrible pacing where they do a little bit from each location per episode with nothing in the story moving forward, but lots of talking and suggesting and Rick acting like he's a good guy and then the final episode will be something happening and ending on a completely unnecessary cliffhanger.

Edited by Dr. Pepper

19 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yeah, it's comically bad.  I thought maybe it's intended to be this way now, but I caught talking dead (sling tv had a promo for TWD for free last night) and greg nic still thinks he's doing something deep.  I assume the next few episodes will go back to their terrible pacing where they do a little bit from each location per episode with nothing in the story moving forward, but lots of talking and suggesting and Rick acting like he's a good guy and then the final episode will be something happening and ending on a completely unnecessary cliffhanger.

Edited 17 minutes ago by Dr. Pepper

You forgot about the unnecessarily graphic, over the top brutality, which they'll use for emotional impact since they can't achieve that from the story or the characters by any other means in the hole they've written themselves into.

All this Mad Max talk is #lame. Like really. 

Also, is this Thunderdome group the Skinwalkers?

Edited by kairparavel

ME NEED THINGS.  YOU GO!  UP UP UP!

two years in an apocalypse and people talk like a lobotomized Tarzan?

Embarrasing.  

I AM KIROK!!!

4 hours ago, kairparavel said:

All this Mad Max talk is #lame. Like really. 

Also, is this Thunderdome group the Skinwalkers?

LOL! I thought the exact some thing with the Mad Max-speak. And this group isn't the WHisperers form the comics. Showrunner Scott Gimple called them "The Scavengers" in the behind the scenes clips for this episode. However, I feel like this group of scavengers might turn into the Whisperers on the TV show post All-Out War. Notice how they were all so quiet? Creepy-ass female leader? If things go bad for this group post war then I can see them offshooting and turning into Whisperers, especially if the TV show does a time jump like the comic.

32 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

LOL! I thought the exact some thing with the Mad Max-speak. And this group isn't the WHisperers form the comics. Showrunner Scott Gimple called them "The Scavengers" in the behind the scenes clips for this episode. However, I feel like this group of scavengers might turn into the Whisperers on the TV show post All-Out War. Notice how they were all so quiet? Creepy-ass female leader? If things go bad for this group post war then I can see them offshooting and turning into Whisperers, especially if the TV show does a time jump like the comic.

Thought I saw an unusually tall guy that could Beta too.

Weird talking aside I liked this one. The bladed walker Rick had to fight was creepy af, and I liked the Daryl/Carol/Morgan stuff. 

Edited by Nictarion

That was so dumb.  I wonder what idiot sat down and said, "Hey, it would be really awesome if we do some Mad Max speak and then also have these Scavengers perform a choreographed entrance."  The dialogue was beyond terrible.  "Why did you do that?  What does it mean?" So not only is the writing staff stupid and untalented, but they think the audience is all stupid as well.

1 minute ago, Dr. Pepper said:

That was so dumb.  I wonder what idiot sat down and said, "Hey, it would be really awesome if we do some Mad Max speak and then also have these Scavengers perform a choreographed entrance."  The dialogue was beyond terrible.  "Why did you do that?  What does it mean?" So not only is the writing staff stupid and untalented, but they think the audience is all stupid as well.

Also, I hope Rick is only going to use these people for cannon fodder because people who "only take, and not bother" aren't really going to be that useful in a fight. Go get us the guns, we'll just sit here and wait! And that veiled threat at the end "or else"

22 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

, but they think the audience is all stupid as well.

Errrrrrrrr

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Errrrrrrrr

I didn't think that through, lol. I forget that a huge portion of the audience is conservatives, who tend to be an intellectually bankrupt bunch.

47 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I didn't think that through, lol. I forget that a huge portion of the audience is conservatives, who tend to be an intellectually bankrupt bunch.

That's an insane generalization.  I could make the case that liberals are a bunch of self hating Americans that turn a blind eye to the misogyny and homophobia and murder of radical Islam in the name of multiculturalism and never met an oppressive murderous communist dictator like Fidel Castro they did not admire.

its not true of course.

That said, many Trump supporters are pretty dopey and provincial and have a Third World mentality saying they need a dictator to rule them whose "truth" is not questioned, but not all conservatives are Trump supporters.

48 minutes ago, generalzod said:

That's an insane generalization.  I could make the case that liberals are a bunch of self hating Americans that turn a blind eye to the misogyny and homophobia and murder of radical Islam in the name of multiculturalism and never met an oppressive murderous communist dictator like Fidel Castro they did not admire.

its not true of course.

That said, many Trump supporters are pretty dopey and provincial and have a Third World mentality saying they need a dictator to rule them whose "truth" is not questioned, but not all conservatives are Trump supporters.

Lol.  So basically, "Don't make a generalization because generalizations are bad but here's a generalization of my own."

Intellectual bankruptcy indeed.  

Does the word "many" elude you?  Notice I said "many," not all. I did not just say "Trump supporters" which would indicate ALL of them, the way you out did with conservatives.

Or the fact that I debunked my own generalization about liberals by saying "it's not true?"

Reading is challenging, but fundamental before you call people intellectually bankrupt.  Physician heal thyself.

Edited by generalzod

What the hell has happened to this show?! 

I mean it wasn't a masterpiece before, but this? 

Did they change the staff? Cut the funding?

28 minutes ago, akh said:

What the hell has happened to this show?! 

I mean it wasn't a masterpiece before, but this? 

Did they change the staff? Cut the funding?

They're on their third showrunner, but Gimple has had the job since season four. As for the funding I don't think it's been cut they just never really gave them enough to begin with. The lack of a proper budget was one of the reasons Darabont left/was fired back in early season two. I don't think the situation ever really improved. From everything I've read AMC is a horrible network to produce a show for. 

Anyone want to know why this wasn't a horrible trade for the Kings listen to the Ringer NBA podcast from today. 

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

Anyone want to know why this wasn't a horrible trade for the Kings listen to the Ringer NBA podcast from today. 

:lol: