The Walking Dead Season 7 (Comic Spoilers) What? Was the joke that bad?

The BlackBear

14 minutes ago, red snow said:

It's something "Jericho" handled quite well. I'd like walking dead or fear to have a story where two large governments are at war - both claiming to be the new united states and the cast gets caught in the middle. It'd highlight how small scale our characters battles have been.

"Jericho" - now there's a show that needs a reboot!

vol 22. Horrible stuff still happens and may be snatched away but they are making a good go of it.

I do often think there'd be some form of government/military mix that would survive and through organisation and resources slowly reclaim parts of the US. It could be happening in the tv and comics but we don't know.

It's something "Jericho" handled quite well. I'd like walking dead or fear to have a story where two large governments are at war - both claiming to be the new united states and the cast gets caught in the middle. It'd highlight how small scale our characters battles have been.

Yeah, Jeremiah got into this type of stuff, as well.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

The comics skipped ahead a few years after the "war" arc. vol 22 "a new beginning" might be a good place for you to restart as it addresses some of your issues. It's better than anything between Glen's death and vol 22.

Yeah, the storyline is pretty interesting now. MC keeps me up to date on each issue. I might actually read it myself again at some point. 

2 hours ago, Pecan said:

"Jericho" - now there's a show that needs a reboot!

It would probably do better now that shows like walking dead are popular. I think they had a season 3 in comics but never read them.

2 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Yeah, Jeremiah got into this type of stuff, as well.

It was certainly a better spin on post apocalypse in that it took the whole of the USA into account. It could have maybe done without the conspiracy - I prefer the Walking Dead's "shit just happened" take on how things went bad.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Well I must say I thought they wussed out killing off red...and then like and idiot Darryl up and punched Negan.

I felt bad seeing the show's only ginger bite the bullet. But his hair and tash always felt like the biggest part of his character.

It'll be interesting to see how Darryl handles the guilt over Glenn. While it's not his fault - he did trigger it. One also has to wonder what kind of shit Negan will put him through in order to tame him. Although it's a shame Cawarl wasn't taken as Negan always viewed him as a badass in the comics.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I felt bad seeing the show's only ginger bite the bullet. But his hair and tash always felt like the biggest part of his character.

It'll be interesting to see how Darryl handles the guilt over Glenn. While it's not his fault - he did trigger it. One also has to wonder what kind of shit Negan will put him through in order to tame him. Although it's a shame Cawarl wasn't taken as Negan always viewed him as a badass in the comics.

His name is "Coral". Get it right! :)

8 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Why is Eugene still alive on this show? I was ready to see him sacrificed to the zombies as soon as his "saving the world" lie/scam was exposed. Him and that "cowardly minister" gotta get taken out this season.

Does Eugene exist in the comics? I kind of like him and the preacher is starting to grow on me as well. 

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Not sure, im sure someone will tell us though (regarding comics).

As for them growing on you, id resist the cheesy redemption arc attempts. They have both put others in harms way through negligence on more than one occasion.

At least for now, Eugene seems to be the man who knows how to make bullets, and at some point, without some manufacturing capacity the USA MUST run out of bullets. It is one the the most annoying, most anti-suspension of disbelief things about this show that people seem to be quite unconcerned about bullet wasteage. Maybe bullet conservation will suddenly become a thing this season now that Eugene found a way to make bullets. All of a sudden the group will be putting pressure on Eugene to make bullets faster as they keep running low. 

yeah the bullet making thing should make Eugene a super-power maker (as long as they have the material to make them). He tinkers with communiations equipment that will eventually pay off.

He's more useless in the TV show but they were maybe waiting for Abraham's death to act as a catalyst eg he wants revenge/to be useful. Luckily they never make him outright likeable though.

The preacher is quite different in the comic and fairly background. I found the TV version really annoying but he at least makes his presence felt. He also seems to be turning a corner as well. It'd be nice to see him find his faith through being useful. The alexandrians could probably do with some spiritual leadership now.

4 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

At least for now, Eugene seems to be the man who knows how to make bullets, and at some point, without some manufacturing capacity the USA MUST run out of bullets. It is one the the most annoying, most anti-suspension of disbelief things about this show that people seem to be quite unconcerned about bullet wasteage. Maybe bullet conservation will suddenly become a thing this season now that Eugene found a way to make bullets. All of a sudden the group will be putting pressure on Eugene to make bullets faster as they keep running low. 

I'm rewatching season 2 right now, and Rick just told Shane that they needed to conserve ammunition by using their knives whenever possible. 

So they didn't ignore the issue completely. 

Season 2 was a loooong time ago, when the show was really good.

Yes, there have been references to bullets as a non-renewable resource, but there has never actually been a desperate need to ration them. When the plot demanded it bullets were always in decent supply, with the exception of people who had been isolated from the main supply for extended periods.

Even Rick's 6-shooter seems to have about 8 more chambers than it should. Or perhaps that's just me not properly counting the number of times Rick shoots his revolver before stopping for 30 seconds to reload.

Archived