The Walking Dead Season 7 (Comic Spoilers) What? Was the joke that bad?

The BlackBear

2 hours ago, dooog said:

I didn't care for that episode one bit.

Question... for the past 7 seasons practically every major group Rick's group encounter are bad people, either psychos or led by a psycho - the Claimers, the Terminus Cannibals, Woodbury, the guys in the bar near Hershel's farm, those Wolves idiots, the Governors 2nd group, the Cops group in that terrible hospital storyline.  So now that we've finally encountered the big bad Negan does this now mean every new group they discover will conveniently be good, albeit weak / naive people? Like the Kingdom, Alexandria and the Hilltop.

It's because things are being scaled up. Negan has a big group, with the capacity to terrorize multiple good groups at the same time. So the only way for Rick's group to win is to make alliances with the other good guys.

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

It's because things are being scaled up. Negan has a big group, with the capacity to terrorize multiple good groups at the same time. So the only way for Rick's group to win is to make alliances with the other good guys.

I get why. It's yet another eye rolling plot convenience is my point. These other good groups haven't existed for what, the first 6 years that the shows been running

The people at the nursing home? The farm before they joined Ricks group? The people at Woodbury and the camp that the governor tricked into attacking the prison? There have been a few good groups in the early seasons. Its just that they either all die or get subsumed by Ricks group. 

I liked the episode as well. I will say though that this is the third episode in a row now that's taken place in just one location and focused on just that section of the storyline. TWD has done that before, and it's fine, but I hope that isn't the whole first half of the season. 

23 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

but at the end I felt like the episode should have been divided between more than one storyline.

It was though.  We got Daryl's current story, as well as current and backstory on Dwight and Sheryl.  And in a way Daryl was really just backdrop for the Dwight/Sheryl plot.  We learned what they had been through to get to where they are now by watching what Daryl is being put through.  I thought it was really well done.

27 minutes ago, The Mance said:

It was though.  We got Daryl's current story, as well as current and backstory on Dwight and Sheryl.  And in a way Daryl was really just backdrop for the Dwight/Sheryl plot.  We learned what they had been through to get to where they are now by watching what Daryl is being put through.  I thought it was really well done.

:agree:

Also, bonus points for using A Town Called Malice during the opening. :D

42 minutes ago, The Mance said:

I meant the storylines of the group we've been following since the beginning. 

On 11/2/2016 at 10:47 AM, dooog said:

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I meant the storylines of the group we've been following since the beginning. 

Since Rick, Carl, Darryl, Carol, and Morgan are the only ones left from season 1, the first three episodes of Season 7 have been focusing on the original group.

On 08/11/2016 at 7:41 AM, Martell Spy said:

I liked the episode. What does working for points mean? Is it different than what Rick's group is doing, where they must pay 50 percent of all stuff they find? Is it what those guys cleaning corridors were doing?

Them and Gordon the guy Dwight shot. It's a kind of caste system, Negan is at the very top, then the fighters (who are all we've seen before this episode, then the serfs. The way I see it points are really just being used instead of money, making sure people are paying their way.

Them and Gordon the guy Dwight shot. It's a kind of caste system, Negan is at the very top, then the fighters (who are all we've seen before this episode, then the serfs. The way I see it points are really just being used instead of money, making sure people are paying their way.

Thanks. I was a bit confused because there seem to be 2 differents kinds of serfs. Those guys we saw cleaning the corridor. And groups like Rick's that have some measure of freedom and just have to pay 50% constantly. I assume Daryl will end up cleaning those floors if he doesn't find a way to escape.

I love the tension were seeing  in Rosita and Michone struggling to accept the new life under Neegan. Carl as well, these three are clearly ready to revolt, it will be interesting for me to see how they plot. Rosita and Michone were great this episode, loved seeing Rosita portrayed in more of a fighter role, its about time ive got to see her take on more of that role.

10 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I love the tension were seeing  in Rosita and Michone struggling to accept the new life under Neegan. Carl as well, these three are clearly ready to revolt, it will be interesting for me to see how they plot. Rosita and Michone were great this episode, loved seeing Rosita portrayed in more of a fighter role, its about time ive got to see her take on more of that role.

To be honest I was a bit confused about Michone. Sure, season 3 Michone would have reacted this way, but considering her plea with Negan in the first episode, I thought she was going to be one of the obedient ones.

Archived