Is it possible that Sansa will return to KL?

Future Null Infinity

After resolving the LF's issue with Jon and Daenerys taking KL, is it possible that will we see Sansa in KL again?

Sansa's story doesn't have the magical features in it and the north will shortly be overrun by the WW so it will be lot of magic there and even the destruction of Winterfell by the NK and also there is the most anticipated meeting in the story between Jon and Daenerys

It's possible yes - maybe even probable.

One way they could sew dissension in the Stark happy family will be for Sansa to think they really need alliances with the rest of the 7k while Jon and some other Northerners want to go it alone (understandably, given how much the North has suffered from "Southern ambitions" in the past).  Not to mention that Sansa (and her sworn sword Lady Brienne who is a Southerner) is probably the best person to head South and handle the politics there as a representative of the North.  Since she has much more personal and recent knowledge of the south than most nobles in the north.  One thorny issue could be that she's still widely believed to have killed King Joffery.  But I think that she can convincingly say she had nothing to do with it.  And maybe Olenna will have told Daenerys that she did it, since obviously Dany wouldn't mind that.  

So yes, I think Sansa may be the one to go South eventually, shouting "the walkers are coming the walkers are coming".  She may help set up alliance between Daenerys and Jon, assuming that Dany has united the South by the time she gets there.  

While there always has to be a Stark in Winterfell, I suspect that Bran will arrive sooner or later to take that role while Jon is out settings up defenses, etc. 

I don't think so. She will fly to Dreadfort and claim that place. ;) okay, but really, Sansa is home now so she has no reason to go back to that hell (king's landing) if she will go to somewhere, it will be Vale.

But Arya, she has so many possibilities. I dunno if she will go south or north at this point.

4 hours ago, illinifan said:

I suspect that Jon is the one who ends up in KL, not Sansa.  There always must be a Stark at Winterfell after all.

Yes, I think it's Jon who will go south. At least, he had even said to Edd that he want to go south to get warmer. I know he can mean it as only Winterfell, but I don't think so. He has plenty reasons to not stay at Winterfell. He need to find Arya. He need to inform another great houses about WW. Especially if the news of dragons arrival has come to him, he need to get Dany's help.

8 minutes ago, Winterstars said:

Yes, I think it's Jon who will go south. At least, he had even said to Edd that he want to go south to get warmer. I know he can mean it as only Winterfell, but I don't think so. He has plenty reasons to not stay at Winterfell. He need to find Arya. He need to inform another great houses about WW. Especially if the news of dragons arrival has come to him, he need to get Dany's help.

Jon's sole focus should be on the North and the ice zombie army.  He is losing focus now.  I suspect that he gets sucked into the Great Game even more than he was this season.  Jon focusing on worldly politics is necessary to set up the end battle.  I also hope it leads to a quite cool scene in KL.  

7 hours ago, illinifan said:

Jon's sole focus should be on the North and the ice zombie army.  He is losing focus now.  I suspect that he gets sucked into the Great Game even more than he was this season.  Jon focusing on worldly politics is necessary to set up the end battle.  I also hope it leads to a quite cool scene in KL.  

He has not cared about politics ever. He will never care about sitting on a throne. He would rather be by his men on the front lines putting his life at risk for them.

14 episodes left he won't be going south.

2 hours ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

He has not cared about politics ever. He will never care about sitting on a throne. He would rather be by his men on the front lines putting his life at risk for them.

14 episodes left he won't be going south.

Really?  Jon Snow doesn't care about getting what he feels was owed him.  I could have been fooled.  He still spent time mentioning about how he was treated to Melisandre in Season 6 Episode 10 and this was when he is the defacto lord and just prior to being acclaimed king.  

I think that he can be seduced by power like anyone else.  It is just that Jon likes justify his pursuit of power as being for the greater good.  

And how is he going to order the Iron Throne melted down to fight the White Walkers if he isn't in King's Landing?

19 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

After resolving the LF's issue with Jon and Daenerys taking KL, is it possible that will we see Sansa in KL again?

Sansa's story doesn't have the magical features in it and the north will shortly be overrun by the WW so it will be lot of magic there and even the destruction of Winterfell by the NK and also there is the most anticipated meeting in the story between Jon and Daenerys

I think that Sansa will be actually instrumental in brokering the Jon-Dany meeting. Don't forget, her ex now works for Dany. That said, I don't think the meeting will take place in KL - I think that Dany will take KL, immediately learn about the White Walkers, and move North. So, Harrenhall, possibly? Harrenhall would be a good place.

I can actually see Sansa and Tyrion getting back together in the final season, as well. What with they both went through since they last saw each other, I think they can appreciate each other much better - Sansa, especially, both grew up and grew in both her cynicism and political ambitions since Tyrion last saw her, bringing her much closer to his level.

I'm really, really looking forward to Tyrion's reaction upon learning that Sansa fed her second husband to the dogs. And whatever she does to Littlefinger. e: scratch it, I'm looking forward to their meeting as a whole!

1 hour ago, ADanceWithCats said:

I can actually see Sansa and Tyrion getting back together in the final season, as well. What with they both went through since they last saw each other, I think they can appreciate each other much better

It's true that if the story will resume the Tyrion/Sansa relationship then it means that Sansa will inevitably return to KL, but it's unknown who is the most important story : SanSan or Tyrion/Sansa, it's more burning question than the revelation of Azor Ahai  now :D

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

It's true that if the story will resume the Tyrion/Sansa relationship then it means that Sansa will inevitably return to KL, but it's unknown who is the most important story : SanSan or Tyrion/Sansa, it's more burning question than the revelation of Azor Ahai  now :D

Tyrion/Sansa. Tyrion-Sansa gives us a power couple, a positive union between the North and the South, the Starks and the Lannisters, a marriage of intellect, understanding, power and ambition; a positive sign for the future rule. 

Conversely, it's pretty unlikely that the Hound would ever agree to be a figurehead husband to an ambitious Lady of a great House; he's done with politics. And it's also pretty unlikely that Sansa would agree to be just a wife to a virtual nobody; she'd get bored. Those two are pretty dissimilar from each other.

7 hours ago, illinifan said:

Really?  Jon Snow doesn't care about getting what he feels was owed him.  I could have been fooled.  He still spent time mentioning about how he was treated to Melisandre in Season 6 Episode 10 and this was when he is the defacto lord and just prior to being acclaimed king.  

I think that he can be seduced by power like anyone else.  It is just that Jon likes justify his pursuit of power as being for the greater good.  

And how is he going to order the Iron Throne melted down to fight the White Walkers if he isn't in King's Landing?

I think you like many others are inserting American/Kings Landing politics to a Nordic culture. In the North and in ancient civilizations such as the Viking kingdoms it was not really about politics. It was about there being a great warrior and leader and his children continuing that trend until they became weak and someone else replaced them. The Starks did show weakness during the war and they were replaced.

When Jon lead the charge to take back Winterfell he showed extreme strength and the lords of the northern houses responded by naming him their leader without him asking them to. Jon rose to power in a similar way in the Nights Watch also, he never really aspired to be Lord Commander the way he leads inspires people. Do you remember the scene where he challenged Ramsey to combat? And Ramsey's response was along the lines of "People talk about you like you are the most skilled warrior in the world". That just goes to show you that Jon is already becoming something of an icon rather than a politician.

And I'm sure I already told you before that melting down the Iron Throne to fight the white walkers is a pointless idea. White Walkers are vulnerable to to Dragonglass and there are extremely large quantities of it at the Dragonstone and in Essos. Additionally, Valryian Steel also can kill them and Jon already wields one sword made out of this material. And he does not need to be in the south to do any of that, Davos has strong ties to Dragonstone. If he marries are ally's with Danny they could quickly begin to make dragonglass weapons.

10 hours ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

For Jon & Dany's wedding? Well that might be in the North! How about their Coronation?

That doesn't really need to be a big celebration, matter fact when Danny (married) that guy from Mereen I don't think they really did much besides announce it. Both her and Jon would be able to come to terms that this would be more of a alliance marriage and not a love marriage. And before someone says that's bad look no further than Ned Stark and Cat. She was kind of thrown on her and he was never anything but honorable. Even with his accused cheating on her it was just him keeping a promise to someone and taking the blade for something he didn't even do.

1 hour ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

I think you like many others are inserting American/Kings Landing politics to a Nordic culture. In the North and in ancient civilizations such as the Viking kingdoms it was not really about politics. It was about there being a great warrior and leader and his children continuing that trend until they became weak and someone else replaced them. The Starks did show weakness during the war and they were replaced.

When Jon lead the charge to take back Winterfell he showed extreme strength and the lords of the northern houses responded by naming him their leader without him asking them to. Jon rose to power in a similar way in the Nights Watch also, he never really aspired to be Lord Commander the way he leads inspires people. Do you remember the scene where he challenged Ramsey to combat? And Ramsey's response was along the lines of "People talk about you like you are the most skilled warrior in the world". That just goes to show you that Jon is already becoming something of an icon rather than a politician.

And I'm sure I already told you before that melting down the Iron Throne to fight the white walkers is a pointless idea. White Walkers are vulnerable to to Dragonglass and there are extremely large quantities of it at the Dragonstone and in Essos. Additionally, Valryian Steel also can kill them and Jon already wields one sword made out of this material. And he does not need to be in the south to do any of that, Davos has strong ties to Dragonstone. If he marries are ally's with Danny they could quickly begin to make dragonglass weapons.

Jon is playing the Game and as a result the Wall will fall and the Others will invade.  He will then redeem himself through a valiant defense of Westros.

As for the Iron Throne, I think it would be cool if it was destroyed in defense of the realm and a great moment of thematic importance.  The thing that destroys the realm ends up playing a role in saving it.  I also think that the only person could plausibly order it melted down is Jon.  I certainly do not think that Dany, who wants her precious, would do it unless prodded by someone else.  I could see Jon ultimately remembering what is important and doing it.  The only way that happens is if Jon makes it to King's Landing.

5 minutes ago, illinifan said:

Jon is playing the Game and as a result the Wall will fall and the Others will invade.  He will then redeem himself through a valiant defense of Westros.

As for the Iron Throne, I think it would be cool if it was destroyed in defense of the realm and a great moment of thematic importance.  The thing that destroys the realm ends up playing a role in saving it.  I also think that the only person could plausibly order it melted down is Jon.  I certainly do not think that Dany, who wants her precious, would do it unless prodded by someone else.  I could see Jon ultimately remembering what is important and doing it.  The only way that happens is if Jon makes it to King's Landing.

No, these are just your personal opinions and wishes. It's a fact that in the show Jon has not really thought past the current weeks events. And he has never been to Kings Landing and has never expressed any desire to go there at all. You can't say someone is doing something when they literally are not doing it.... I have my opinions also and things that I think would be cool such as Sansa taking over the Dreadfort but I always make sure to state that it's just my opinion prior to saying it.

Now back to your theory, I personally just find that to be too much of a stretch to actually happen. Here are things to consider.

1. The Starks are an enemy of the Lannisters and they are currently an enemy of Danny. There is no way for him to go south while Cercei is still alive and she is not just going to vanish in 1 one the 14 episodes left. And even when she dies there is going to need to be a reason for Danny not to want to fight him. His father kind of assisted in the war that overthrew her family and put her in this position.

2. Jon is the King of the North he literally has no reason to be in Kings Landing. And even if he wanted to contact them he would just use a Raven or send someone else.

3. It would be completely out of character for him to just sit back and let the wall fall. There isn't exactly a bunch of fun things to do in the North.....I'm sure he will be building the defenses in the North.

4. And again, melting the throne while it would be cool and all would be pointless. Joe Smo the peasant has never seen the Iron Throne and never will. Nor will people who do not live in Kings Landing, so it being gone would not really be a big dead. The only people who really ever see it are those who are granted an audience with the King/Queen, members of the court, and soldiers. And again Jon has no political ties to Kings Landing......he is a northern boy who was raised in the cold and is never far from his sword. So why anyone would listen to him in wanting to move a heavy throne to a furnace and melt it for no reason is a little unlikely.

They could replace the Iron Throne with a gold one. It's just a chair.

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

This. I think she's staying north. Arya and Sandor are headed north, too. LF dies soon. Attention turns to the Others. Winter has come...

me too, I hope for the reunion, but aren't you afraid for the two sisters and Sandor with the biggest threat in the story looming near the north? isn't better if the story moves those three characters to a safer place?

Archived