A random theory about the Tarly's

Lady Noble

When Sam opens up to Jon:

"The Tarlys were a family old in honor, bannermen to Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden and Warden of the South. The eldest son of Lord Randyll Tarly, Samwell was born heir to rich lands, a strong keep, and a storied two-handed greatsword named Heartsbane, forged of Valyrian steel and passed down from father to son near five hundred years."

-A Game of Thrones

35 minutes ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Hi Lady Noble. A wee friendly heads up. This part of the forum is just for the books, i think your thread will maybe get moved elsewhere.

The conversation you refer to was just a show thing.

Feel free to move me. I can't seem to figure out how to post in the right section. I just click New Post an dit ends up where, lol.

16 minutes ago, Michael Mertyns said:

When Sam opens up to Jon:

"The Tarlys were a family old in honor, bannermen to Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden and Warden of the South. The eldest son of Lord Randyll Tarly, Samwell was born heir to rich lands, a strong keep, and a storied two-handed greatsword named Heartsbane, forged of Valyrian steel and passed down from father to son near five hundred years."

-A Game of Thrones

So Robert didn't kill anyone in the line of succession concerning the Tarly's? It was just... some... Tarly? Robert says "some highborn Tarly"

1 minute ago, Macgregor of the North said:

@Lady Noble I can't move you lol, it was just a bit of friendly advice from a fellow poster for next time. Merging info from the show with book discussions always gets sticky so best to keep it just books when on this general forum bit. 

I just deleted it. I skimmed the rules, but I still find it confusing as to where to post because there are some things on the show that is true to the books that aren't considered spoilers and some that are. I guess I do more reading, lol.

Thanks Mac! :)

10 minutes ago, Lady Noble said:

I just deleted it. I skimmed the rules, but I still find it confusing as to where to post because there are some things on the show that is true to the books that aren't considered spoilers and some that are. I guess I do more reading, lol.

Thanks Mac! :)

All takes a bit of getting used to. Once you know the boundaries you will be flying. 

This particular part is a books only firing range for all your book related theories so if you have read them all and aren't trying to avoid spoilers this is where you will spend lots of time I'd imagine. 

Archived