U.S. Elections - Philadelphia edition

TerraPrime

Without hyperbole, we are actually, literally almost at the point where a major party nominee for president is committing treason. 

I'm not familiar enough with the statutes to know if he has crossed the line. I suspect not, since he is calling for foreign espionage, not actually conducting it (maybe sedition is the more accurate charge?). But I think there is enough happening here, with all the vague connections to Putin, that the FBI should formally investigate the issue.

I thought this article summed it up best:

Try to imagine – no, really, take a moment to think about – how significant a scandal it would be if Hillary Clinton publicly urged Russia to do her a favor, target a GOP rival, and help her win an election. How quickly would her career in public life end? How many congressional hearings and investigations would Republicans demand?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/donald-trump-calls-russia-help-elect-him-president

Trump is really running with the 'no publicity is bad publicity' strategy.  While I am definitely a liberal by American standards I've always felt relatively close to the center.  A moderate liberal, I guess.  But man, the Republicans... seriously, what the fuck?  They are really doubling down.

20 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

I don't remember the exact quote, but somebody said something to the effect that the toughest thing about dealing with Trump is managing to stay outraged and shocked at everything he does and says.

Yeah, I think he pushes for shockhaustion. Not to be that guy, but people used to say the same about Hitler, the whole Big Lie thing...just keep hammering, and eventually normal sensibilities are numbed and people just hear your persona.

31 minutes ago, Fez said:

Without hyperbole, we are actually, literally almost at the point where a major party nominee for president is committing treason. 

I'm not familiar enough with the statutes to know if he has crossed the line. I suspect not, since he is calling for foreign espionage, not actually conducting it (maybe sedition is the more accurate charge?). But I think there is enough happening here, with all the vague connections to Putin, that the FBI should formally investigate the issue.

Here's the best part:. Trump isn't colluding with Putin and he wants in on the deal.  This is unfuckingreal.

And yes, he stole the spotlight.  Given what he allegedly said to Kasich, I think it is totally clear that he is in the race because he is a narcissist, pure and simple.  The dnc stole his national spotlight and so he had to steal it back no matter the cost.  It's insane.

10 minutes ago, Harakiri said:

Man, the Republican Party has alsways been a cesspool, but it's really really bad now with that ignorant sack of shit Trump being their nominee. 

That's not a nice thing to say about your future President!!  :wideeyed: :wideeyed:

1 minute ago, MerenthaClone said:

Here's the best part:. Trump isn't colluding with Putin and he wants in on the deal.  This is unfuckingreal.

And yes, he stole the spotlight.  Given what he allegedly said to Kasich, I think it is totally clear that he is in the race because he is a narcissist, pure and simple.  The dnc stole his national spotlight and so he had to steal it back no matter the cost.  It's insane.

I was thinking the same thing  you said here. The biggest contributor to the Trump shit show is the media. Every fucking thing the piece of shit says is reported on. He can't stand the spot lot not being on him. And either the media doesn't care, or they're just too ignorant to figure it the fuck out. Either way they're shit and the biggest problem in battling a Trump presidency.

1 minute ago, snake said:

That's not a nice thing to say about your future President!!  :wideeyed: :wideeyed:

He certainly won't be my president whether he wins or not. 

1 minute ago, Frog Eater said:

When Republicans said this about Obama it was called Racism. 

If you're implying that I'm racist against individuals named Donald Trump, I suppose I am, asinine as that sentence is.  The reason it was racist then is because they rarely called him Obama, instead it was usually"that Kenyan" or "obongo" or whatever term you want.  Your attempts at false equivocation are hilariously bad.

4 minutes ago, Frog Eater said:

When Republicans said this about Obama it was called Racism. 

Yea, because a lot of them were saying that based on him being black whether they want to admit it or not. Pretty sure the Kenyian Muslim bullshit and questioning if he was born here is evident that bigotry played a big part in that.

Just re-watched a recent Cornel West interview and in it he actually is pegging the worth of Trumps free publicity at close to $2 billion over the last 14 months. Dont be distracted by each and every shit stain this P.T. Barnum (Trump) spreads, its the cumulative river of sewage he's been able to unleash (Unchecked by American media basically) that is the overwhelming undiscussed narrative ( at least Under discussed ). This is the big crime and its continuing. The MSM is every bit as treasonous to the U.S. as any alledged Ruskie spies ever dreamed of being, the real danger, the real instrument in the rise of fascism has been the American MSM. 

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky quotes from ...

Or maybe they were completely opposed to his policies and instead of acknowledging that they had a valid point they were called racist. And in turn the liberals laughed after the election and said "elections have consequences" and 4 more years of Obama were shoved down their throat. So now that you have a candidate that you are vehemently opposed to, you are saying the same things Republicans said 8 years ago. "he wont be my president". But if he wins, he certainly will be your president. Because elections have consequences. 

Actually, he probably won't be my President. Because I really wouldn't be surprised if one of the very first things Ryan and McConnell do is implement impeachment proceedings so that Pence can be President instead.

Archived