Euron and Cersei

dsug

Why do so many people think this is gonna be a thing? Is there some foreshadowing I missed? Because an alliance/marriage between evil Euron and crazy Cersei would seem waaaay out of left field to me. 

4 hours ago, dsug said:

Why do so many people think this is gonna be a thing? Is there some foreshadowing I missed? Because an alliance/marriage between evil Euron and crazy Cersei would seem waaaay out of left field to me. 

There's nothing specific based on traditional readings and analysis, but...

Think for a moment about the implications if Maggy the Frog's fortune for Cersei has only recently begun to come true.

Robert's known bastards are fewer than 16, but Euron could have that many and more floating around. And Cersei's three children are definitely not his.

After her children are all dead, Cersei has no claim to the throne unless she marries a king. Euron is a king, and plans to be king of all of Westeros. 

There's some debate about whether the valonqar is 1) Cersei's younger brother; 2) her younger son; 3) her husband's younger brother; 4) her husband's son; 5) connected to the YMBQ. If the valonqar is Jaime or Tyrion, then it doesn't matter who she marries. But we've got a situation brewing where Victarion is planning to marry Daenerys--younger, and more beautiful than Cersei--and he's the little brother of King Euron, AND he already has a history of strangling women who have slept with his brother.

Not saying it's likely, but it would certainly be entertaining. And it would keep Cersei alive for a bit longer. 

Archived