ALL storylines that need to be resolved at the end of season 8.

Emie

So we all know that there are two season left of the show with each season being shorter (but longer episodes). Throughout all of the six seasons now out, there are still many plot lines that need to be resolved. Since so much is going on and I'm having a hard time concentrating at the moment, what are ALL of the storylines left that still need to be resolved but obviously from the show only and not the books, since of course many plotlines of the books have been written out of the show. 

One maybe has to match the character with the story.

Which actors will be in season 7?

Contracts for season 7?
Way back, (before season 5?), I am not going looking for it, just off the top of my head, 
I fuzzily recall a few 'tier' contracts for season7.
(One might say the 'tier' classification is a bit obscure.) Off the top of my head:
A tier - Kit, Peter, Lena, Emilia, and Nikolaj.  B tier – Dormer#, Turner, Williams and 'others'. Never saw ‘Others’ spelled out.

‘Others’:
I don't remember seeing confirmation of the group below for season 7, tho it was implied (I know I am missing a few.)
Even tho, it seemed, at the time, most if not all would be:
(Just listing the actors.)
Gwendoline Christie
Iain Glen
Rory McCann*
John Bradley
Conleth Hill
Jerome Flynn**
Hannah Murray
Nathalie Emmanuel
Liam Cunningham
Carice van Houten
Ben Crompton
Jacob Anderson
Ellie Kendrick
Tom Wlaschiha***
Liam Cunningham
Carice van Houten
Indira Varma (et al.)
Daniel Portman

Alfie Allen  
Gemma Whelan
Isaac Hempstead Wright

Anton Lesser

Aidan Gillen****

Kristofer Hivju

Diana Rigg

Pilou Asbæk  - maybe more screen time season 7?

#Natalie Dormer … even book wise it’s hard to tell where Margaery’s story was going, apparently Natalie may have asked for an ‘out’ due to the pressures of other work she is doing.
*One would like to know if actors like Rory are secretly told to keep dates on their calendar clear?
(Thinking here,also, of Tobias Menzies , Richard Dormer , Joseph Mawle or Paul Kaye , seems they are told nothing, but them like others will
fit in set time if needed.)
** Bronn has lasted longer than I expected.
*** S7 left Jaqen enigmatic, he seemed approving of Arya’s development … seems to play a future role. ??

**** LF seems pushed in the background in S5 and S6.
S7 Possibilities are:
Ben Hawkey
Joe Dempsie!!

Michiel Huisman(Does Daario return in season 8?)

Mark Gatiss (I don’t think the story is finished with the Iron Bank)

Laura Pradelska wondered if Quaithe shows up again?

• Samwell Tarly - His status at the library and his sword.
  • Daenerys Targaryen - Conquering the Iron Throne
  • Euron Greyjoy - Salt Throne
  • Littlefinger and Sansa
  • Arya
  • GENDRY
  • THE WHITE WALKERS
  • Cersei and the Valonqar prophecy
  • Bran Stark
  • Jorah Mormont and his greyscale
  • Sandor Clegane
  • Nymeria the direwolf
  • Melisandre and Kinvara
  • The brotherhood without banners
  • Brienne and Pod

48 minutes ago, Jellofish said:
  • Littlefinger and Sansa
  • Arya
  • GENDRY
  • THE WHITE WALKERS
  • Bran Stark
  • Sandor Clegane
  • Nymeria the direwolf
  • Melisandre and Kinvara
  • Brienne and Pod

Agree with everything. And welcome to the forum! I would also add uncle Benjen, Edmure Tully and Dario. Melisandre was a big cliffhanger in s6: her real age was revealed, giving hints that probably she knows a lot about things of the past. But there was no further development.

11 hours ago, Jellofish said:
  • Littlefinger and Sansa
  • Arya
  • GENDRY
  • THE WHITE WALKERS
  • Bran Stark
  • Sandor Clegane
  • Nymeria the direwolf
  • Melisandre and Kinvara
  • Brienne and Pod

I honestly don't see Cersei or Euron making it out of Season 7 alive. Dany is coming for Cersei and Euron ain't gonna be cool with Dany teaming up with his niece and nephew. I predict (or am hoping at least) we are gonna get an epic sea battle next season. I'm wondering if they could they still introduce the dragon horn at this stage to help Euron get a one up on Dany so Dany doesn't just straight up demolish him? Or Euron will be able to kill one of the dragons to weaken Dany before the fight against the WWs.

I also have a feeling Bronn is lasting the entire show, he's a very popular character among tv and book readers alike and they need to keep some minor characters alive for the ending. Can't just end with just 10 main characters alive and nobody else, this world is massive and still very populated.

stability for a lot of characters is a big one, where is the likes of Arya,Sansa and Bran going to settle. Will they all end up back at Winterfell with Jon looking after them.

Sam's role beyond settling at the Citidel, is his story over ? is he going to become a maester and raise young sam with gilly there and ride out the war or is he going to get back into the action ? who will he be Maester for when it's over... the King in kings landing or for one of the other great houses.

Little Fingers death...

Jorah.. does he die from greyscale or go out in a blaze of glory for Dany, does he survive and regain his place at her side as her hand if she gets the throne replacing Tyrion.

Does Tyrion find true love ? someone other than Jaime who loves him not for gold or for a some other purpose.

Gendry........... yeah i think his boat has sailed... for years.

Milisandre.... what is her purpose now ?

The brothers without banners are they just a passing group of vigilantes or will they choose a side in the great war ? go north to battle the WW.

Jaime and Cersie......

as the seasons have gone on it's became less obvious what everyone is heading towards and what they actually want.

What about Jon's parenthood.  I know that we know who his mother and father are, but will Jon find out?

What, if anything, will happen to Ghost?

Gilly and Baby Sam. Will Sam just leave the watch, marry Gilly, and raise the baby?  A small storyline, but we have been stuck with Gilly dragging that kid around for several seasons.  I would like to see it resolved. 

In six seasons very little has been said , in Westeros, about big events in Essos, now a massive invasion is bearing down and few if any seem to know about it. This needs development and elaboration.

I feel like plots are starting to converge and resolve themselves now, if we season six as follows:

* Jon - dealing with Sansa/Littlefinger and coming to terms with the fact he's the true heir to the Iron Throne, he's going to suffer emotionally and it's probable he loses the wall and his friend Edd this season.

* Dany - invading the southern kingdoms, presumably defeating Cersei/Euron, potentially finding out she is not the heir to the throne and that there is a white walker threat where the true heir is in danger. I think that's going to screw with her emotiions even if she doens't go full mad queen.

* Bran - well he's clearly there to inform Jon that he's the heir to the throne and about the white walkers, he may be expendable after that but most likely he controls a dragon in season 8.

* Cersei - I would be surprised if she survives the season.

* Tyrion - probably needed to convince Dany to head North to help Jon and potentially broker an uneasy peace between the two.

* Theon/Yara - may well die this season but Theon again could help broker a peace between the North and Dany.

* Jamie - probably going to die if not will support Jon/Dany in the final season.

* Arya - I am guessing she is going to kill either Cersei or Dany, maybe Dany if she goes mad queen or turns on Jon.

* Sansa - I think could well die this season, her arc seems to have run towards the end of it's course now.

* Sam - I assume identifies something useful and again may help broker an uneasy truce between Dany and Jon.

All the rest are supporting actors.

There seem to be 4 major arenas for the plot in Season 7, with characters moving between them over the course of the season.

North: Jon will be there all season, doing... something...?  now that he's KITN.  Honestly they have to come up with something interesting - he can't count turnips/muster troops all season. Maybe he'll bring his army to the Wall.  Or scout north of it hoping to learn more about the WW.  Probably he will come into contact with Bran and learn about his parentage and there will be some emoing about this.  probably some scenes with him learning about what's up in the south.   Maybe he'll send Sansa and/or Littlefinger South to find more help.  

Riverlands: In the Riverlands we have several characters who have met before re-converging - Arya Stark, Brienne, and the Hound.  It's also possible that Sansa will go to the Riverlands in search of more allies.  Not sure how this will resolve but probably at least a Brienne-Sansa reunion is in the cards, as is an Arya-Hound one.  If the four of them meet it will be interesting.  But I suspect Arya will be heading north, and Sansa south.  Maybe a near-miss is more likely.  

King's Landing: Jaime x Cersei drama.  Eventually they have a big break up, or a gradual split forms, so that by the time Dany and Tyrion arrive it's not hard to make Jaime-Valonquar happen.  Or, Jaime will say F-it and go north, meeting up with Brienne.

Dany's campaign: Civil War in Dorne (because of Myrcella's assassination by Dorne's leader, and Tyrion's reaction to that) and Civil War with the Ironborn (to get rid of Euron and put the Ironborn firmly under command of her allies Theon and Yara).  King's Landing invasion as major set piece at the end of the season.  Maybe Jaime will let the Targaryen force into King's Landing with the promise Cersei's life with be spared.   Probably Cersei blows up the Throne Room with Wildfire.  Hopefully Jaime or Tyrion can stop her from killing too many people.  

Season 8:

Two major arenas - King's Landing/Dany's forces and The North/Jon's forces, ultimately joining together (probably in the south / Trident) to stop the zombie invasion.  

There should be some politicking to get these forces on the same side which will take up most of the season.  Maybe some fighting before it happens.  in the end they'll all fight the WW together, Jon, Tyrion, and/or Dany will die, Jon, Tyrion and/or Dany will be ruler or will melt down the IT with dragons.  Jaime will die in Battle commanding Lannsiter troops against the WW and die in Brienne's arms.  Sansa will betray Littlefinger to his death.  Arya will remember what she's fighting for (family) and reunite with Jon.  Bran will do something impressively magical - maybe warg a dragon - and then disappear to the north.  I think that's most of them. 

On July 26, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Emie said:

So we all know that there are two season left of the show with each season being shorter (but longer episodes).

Actually, we don't know that at all. The showrunners have never said a word about making the episodes any longer. For that matter, they probably won't, since otherwise it's hard to fit into an hour-long slot.

They'll just have more time and money to put into each one. That doesn't at all imply that these will necessarily be any longer than those we've already seen.

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

They'll just have more time and money to put into each one. That doesn't at all imply that these will necessarily be any longer than those we've already seen

Here's hoping that the episodes will be better, if not longer, that the writing will improve, and the show will come to a reasonable and satisfying conclusion.

17 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

There seem to be 4 major arenas for the plot in Season 7, with characters moving between them over the course of the season.

North: Jon will be there all season, doing... something...?  now that he's KITN.  Honestly they have to come up with something interesting - he can't count turnips/muster troops all season. Maybe he'll bring his army to the Wall.  Or scout north of it hoping to learn more about the WW.  Probably he will come into contact with Bran and learn about his parentage and there will be some emoing about this.  probably some scenes with him learning about what's up in the south.   Maybe he'll send Sansa and/or Littlefinger South to find more help.  

Riverlands: In the Riverlands we have several characters who have met before re-converging - Arya Stark, Brienne, and the Hound.  It's also possible that Sansa will go to the Riverlands in search of more allies.  Not sure how this will resolve but probably at least a Brienne-Sansa reunion is in the cards, as is an Arya-Hound one.  If the four of them meet it will be interesting.  But I suspect Arya will be heading north, and Sansa south.  Maybe a near-miss is more likely.  

King's Landing: Jaime x Cersei drama.  Eventually they have a big break up, or a gradual split forms, so that by the time Dany and Tyrion arrive it's not hard to make Jaime-Valonquar happen.  Or, Jaime will say F-it and go north, meeting up with Brienne.

Dany's campaign: Civil War in Dorne (because of Myrcella's assassination by Dorne's leader, and Tyrion's reaction to that) and Civil War with the Ironborn (to get rid of Euron and put the Ironborn firmly under command of her allies Theon and Yara).  King's Landing invasion as major set piece at the end of the season.  Maybe Jaime will let the Targaryen force into King's Landing with the promise Cersei's life with be spared.   Probably Cersei blows up the Throne Room with Wildfire.  Hopefully Jaime or Tyrion can stop her from killing too many people.  

Season 8:

Two major arenas - King's Landing/Dany's forces and The North/Jon's forces, ultimately joining together (probably in the south / Trident) to stop the zombie invasion.  

There should be some politicking to get these forces on the same side which will take up most of the season.  Maybe some fighting before it happens.  in the end they'll all fight the WW together, Jon, Tyrion, and/or Dany will die, Jon, Tyrion and/or Dany will be ruler or will melt down the IT with dragons.  Jaime will die in Battle commanding Lannsiter troops against the WW and die in Brienne's arms.  Sansa will betray Littlefinger to his death.  Arya will remember what she's fighting for (family) and reunite with Jon.  Bran will do something impressively magical - maybe warg a dragon - and then disappear to the north.  I think that's most of them. 

I quite like this post but I have a hard time believing Jon is going to send Sansa south when he knows Cersei wants her dead. For me next season Jon's arc will be preparing for the whitewalkers, dealing with finding out he's the heir to the Iron throne and dealing with Sansa/Littlefinger which surely is leading to at least one of their deaths.

Also not convinced Jamie will head north but I could see him being the one to kill Cersei and dying at the same time.

I also like the idea of some sort of fall out with Dorne over Marcella, that would help cause Dany some problems as I can't see Kings Landing falling until the end of the season (with Cesei dying too).

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 9:21 AM, Emie said:

Throughout all of the six seasons now out, there are still many plot lines that need to be resolved.

Easy.

Character appears on screen for 3 minutes making cock jokes/showing his/her/its genitals/violently murdering randomers.

Character dies pointlessly.

Plot line resolved.

4 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

I quite like this post but I have a hard time believing Jon is going to send Sansa south when he knows Cersei wants her dead. For me next season Jon's arc will be preparing for the whitewalkers, dealing with finding out he's the heir to the Iron throne and dealing with Sansa/Littlefinger which surely is leading to at least one of their deaths.

Yeah LF will die because of Sansa but I'm not sure it will be this season.  Could be though.  I'd rather have Sansa go south since it plays to both Sansa and Jon's strengths (Jon as military leader, Sansa as a player of southern-style politicks), rather than having them directly competing like we saw last season.  

4 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

Also not convinced Jamie will head north but I could see him being the one to kill Cersei and dying at the same time.

I also like the idea of some sort of fall out with Dorne over Marcella, that would help cause Dany some problems as I can't see Kings Landing falling until the end of the season (with Cesei dying too).

I think Jaime has to go north eventually in order to come face to face with Bran.  That's the biggest hanging plot thread in the entire series - it's the first on-screen action that caused so many other dominos to fall.  

I would be really surprised if the last season had almost anything in it besides the "real war" -- meaning the fight against the Others. 

That means that pretty much everything else has to be taken care of in these next seven episodes so that the last six(?) can be the War for the Dawn.

Is there a justification of why they want to cut the series short? I mean this is not like Tru Blood where HBO was just pulling stuff out their behind for season 1000. There is literally a high demand for this show and lot's of unresolved stories. 

Why cut it short while viewership is still high?

Archived