Customer Complaints: Do you make them?

Only once, when we were stuck overnight in the airport with two small children. The airline customer service rep was a complete bitch when we saw that the middle aged no children couple in front of us on the same flight had been offered vouchers  for a hotel and we asked for the same. "There aren't any more,  and I'm off at midnight." She said turning off her computer and walking away from me as I stood there. 

Usually I don't complain because I'm aware that mistakes do happen and more often than not, those I'd complain against are not the ones responsible for the problem I'm having with their company. On the other hand, when I feel it's needed I do complain and, if I may say so, I do it very well. Remaining civil is mandatory, as is sticking to the point and calling out the bullshit they try to sell you. On several occasions, my wife couldn't believe how calm I am since I'm usually a bit more hot-tempered. THE main thing though, is drilling into their head that money goes from ME to THEM and not the other way around.

Yes, when merited, e.g. if I had very poor service in a restaurant I would ask for the service charge to be removed from my bill. Lots of restaurants send out feedback emails after you visit and I always give them an honest response.

If I pay for a product or a service and what I get isn't what I should expect to get then I let them know. If service/my experience is really good then I let them know that too. Customer service is extremely important to me and if you work in a front facing role then it should be extremely important to you too.

It is your right as a paying customer to get what you paid for. It is also important to provide feedback and let people know when something isn't good enough. So long as you're being polite I see no harm.

Archived