Most important meeting in the series? (Season 7)

Lord Friendzone

I would call it this way since both are main protagonists, parallels they share, family members as we learned from season 6 and main faces of the show will likely met next season... as season 8 seems a bit too late. All the talk about marriage, his parentage and how they'd get along. We've been speculating about them and how exactly will they react to each other. They need to establish connection between them or at least let them meet each other with further plans. If they want to pursue romance, marriage,

When, where do you think this meeting will take place and how it will go down.

Throw some ideas about it but be civil and please no hateful comments about one or the other.

We are discussing the Dany-Jon meeting?  Tyrion is probably instrumental in setting up the meeting as the link between both of the main characters.  I suspect that Dany has some setbacks in her war and Tyrion proposes a marriage alliance between the two.  They meet somewhere to discuss it.  Also, since both are fairly headstrong people, they end up arguing with each other.  

I'm interested in how Tyrion reacts when he finds out that his old travelling companion to the Wall is now King and took back Winterfell with his ex-wife.  That should be amusing.

Besides sharing blood, the two characters are very dissimilar. If Dany finds out Jon is her nephew BEFORE they meet, she'll just see him as a threat to her claim, or that is the logical thing anyways, but this is TV and they are pandering to the casual fans now since we are getting closer to the end game so I doubt we'll get a Jon vs Dany plot. 

Would love a Dany vs. Jon plot (so much more organic and in character than Jon vs. Sansa...ugh). If heritage is revealed first, she would see him as a pretender to the throne. If its not revealed, she would see him as another rebel who would be a problem for a unified kingdom. Mostly, I want to see her turn her dragons on "conquer mode," which might infuriate Jon, and also put him in harm's way of one. Up until this point the dragons haven't posed a threat to any protagonists, only mustache twirling slavers. Lots of dragonslayer myths to play on here if they went this route. 

2 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Besides sharing blood, the two characters are very dissimilar. If Dany finds out Jon is her nephew BEFORE they meet, she'll just see him as a threat to her claim, or that is the logical thing anyways, but this is TV and they are pandering to the casual fans now since we are getting closer to the end game so I doubt we'll get a Jon vs Dany plot. 

Dany is not a character to see him as a threat to her claim. She would be glad to give the throne to Rhaegar's son. Anything that will make her go against another Targaryen is if he is fake and that would make her feel like someone hijacking Targaryen legacy which is something the show has done away with.

Yeah I am looking forward to this meeting mainly because what it means to Dany. She has never felt what it is like to be with family who is not her abusive brother. Also her meeting another one with her own blood and her beloved Rhaegar's son. She is going to be at her happiest. I am looking forward to that. 

I don't want Jon vs Dany just because it will be cool. I don't want anything romantic between them. Just give her a family.

17 minutes ago, khal drogon said:

I don't want Jon vs Dany just because it will be cool. I don't want anything romantic between them. Just give her a family.

I agree, although I don't think the meeting will occur before Season 8 - Season 7 will be, I think, more about dissembling the Lannister regime and Jon learning that he was born to fulfil a prophecy. So, I think it will end with Dany in King's Landing, refusing to take the Iron Throne, and Jon in the North, abdicating as KitN to be free to fulfil his destiny (parallels!).

I can see persons from both 'camps' entering the opposite ones, acting as bridges/networkers/character witnesses - Sansa is currenly in Jon's with Tyrion in Dany's, and Theon is in Dany's, but I'm also thinking about Sam and Arya in Dany's, and possibly Jorah Mormont in Jon's. How great would it be if the Jon-Dany meeting was also accompanied by Sansa-Tyrion, and (Jon, Sansa, Bran)-Arya? Truly a meeting for the ages. :D

On 7/28/2016 at 0:38 PM, illinifan said:

We are discussing the Dany-Jon meeting?  Tyrion is probably instrumental in setting up the meeting as the link between both of the main characters.  I suspect that Dany has some setbacks in her war and Tyrion proposes a marriage alliance between the two.  They meet somewhere to discuss it.  Also, since both are fairly headstrong people, they end up arguing with each other.  

I'm interested in how Tyrion reacts when he finds out that his old travelling companion to the Wall is now King and took back Winterfell with his ex-wife.  That should be amusing.

Well, food for thought.  I personally think that the reason they need to ally is so that she can help with her dragons in the fight against the White Walkers, however, I kind of perhaps contradict myself because I also could see them getting married for political reasons (at least in the show after Tyrion's hints).  Now if she has already been persuaded to help Jon with this they wouldn't need to marry and maybe Tyrion's plan was just like an insurance policy (keep her single in case that is needed later rather than an specific plan).   I definitely look forward to the meeting between Tyrion and Sansa too.  In fact will be on the edge of my seat lol but I think they will do so as already established political allies or belonging to allied factions when they do.

Now, of course how and when Jon's true parentage is revealed to him and the world at large might have an impact in how things go between Jon and Dany at first and how Jon reacts etc.  I did wonder if the Northern Lords might withdraw their support for him, although he is still a Stark through his mother, if they find out he is not actually Ned's bastard which seemed key in that speech at the Mormont's castle.  I think there are a lot of variables here, probably including Bran also which will probably come to a head more or less at the same time and I think it is going to be really interesting to watch.

Now, @Lord Lannister,  I also look forward to the Lannister children reunion and in the show it doesn't seem to be a conflict between Jamie and Tyrion (which I enjoyed in the books although I want a happy ending there lol  Tyrion is being irrational I think in judging Jamie to harshly for keeping the secret).  Now, Cersei / Tyrion making up is never going to happen and I would hate to see it though.

Now, it will also be interesting to see the Bran and Arya reunion with Jon and Sansa.  It might appear all very nice to begin with but I don't know...  I think Bran is going to bring down the Wall, even if not on purpose, which has the potential to make Jon and anyone with any sense pretty angry and Arya, I think it would depend on her end game and what she will be like once she has done with her list.  If she is able to heal emotionally, although still remaining her wild self all would be good, if not, I don't know, she could become more a liability than an asset to be honest and although the siblings may still love each other huge tensions could be expected.

2 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Arya, I think it would depend on her end game and what she will be like once she has done with her list.  If she is able to heal emotionally, although still remaining her wild self all would be good, if not, I don't know, she could become more a liability than an asset to be honest and although the siblings may still love each other huge tensions could be expected.

Cersei/TheMoutain will die by Danys/Dragons or other players in KL. Her list will be done. If anything, I can see Jon helping Arya heal and her finding a new purpose. 

In the books, Arya and Bran are on freakishly similar parallel journeys and having them reunite would be very interesting. Bran may bring down the Wall, but he will escape the WW somehow and will hopefully make it back to his family. I can imagine Arya being fiercely protective of him as well. Jon won't be angry, he can't hold a grudge and its Bran, his family. 

21 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Cersei/TheMoutain will die by Danys/Dragons or other players in KL. Her list will be done. If anything, I can see Jon helping Arya heal and her finding a new purpose. 

In the books, Arya and Bran are on freakishly similar parallel journeys and having them reunite would be very interesting. Bran may bring down the Wall, but he will escape the WW somehow and will hopefully make it back to his family. I can imagine Arya being fiercely protective of him as well. Jon won't be angry, he can't hold a grudge and its Bran, his family. 

Yes, I think Arya and Bran will meet.  Arya is very complex though and I am very intrigued where her future lies (reading another thread on her at the moment) and I think she will give up revenge as a primary goal in the end but this might not preclude her clashing with her siblings since she seems to be the one that has become, at least externally, the hardest.  Jon will forgive Bran if he brings the wall down but I think not without some scene where he loses his temper first.  To me that would just be a natural reaction but he will realise that Bran, although he might have been able to know what consequences him going south might have, was just not prepared enough for that sort of decision.  Okay, here I am assuming that some of the stuff that happened in the show will happen in the books.  This is by no means a certainty, of course, but it just seems to make sense somehow since it involves a main character messing things up badly which seems to be a recurring theme in the series, and not necessarily intentionally or in bad faith (a bit a la Ned or Robb even).

lol Just realising this thread is about the show so ignore my explanation re how I think this will happen similarly in the books too.  Oops!

16 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Yes, I think Arya and Bran will meet, have to sort of thing lol  Arya is very complex though and I am very intrigued where her future lies (reading another thread on her at the moment) and I think she will give up revenge as a primary goal in the end but this might not preclude her clashing with her siblings since she seems to be the one that has become, at least externally, the hardest.  Jon will forgive Bran if he brings the wall down but I think not without some scene where he loses his temper first.  To me that would just be a natural reaction but he will realise that Bran, although he might have been able to know what consequences him going south might have, was just not prepared enough for that sort of decision.  Okay, here I am assuming that some of the stuff that happened in the show will happen in the books.  This is by no means a certainty, of course, but it just seems to make sense somehow since it involves a main character messing things up badly which seems to be a recurring theme in the series, and not necessarily intentionally or in bad faith (a bit a la Ned or Robb even).

Good points. :)

It just depends on how d&d want to write it. They don't seem to go for what is natural and expected. If they don't want conflict, they will have Jon act completely oblivious and revert to his "love of family" no matter what they do mode. 

The books will make it far more interesting of course. I cannot wait!

4 hours ago, khal drogon said:

Yeah I am looking forward to this meeting mainly because what it means to Dany. She has never felt what it is like to be with family who is not her abusive brother. Also her meeting another one with her own blood and her beloved Rhaegar's son. She is going to be at her happiest. I am looking forward to that. 

That's the thing though, her being happy that there is another person who shares her blood is way too predictable. (though Season 6 was all pretty predictable). Plus Dany grew up with an abusive brother and she found out from Tyrion and Selmy that her father was truly a madman who burnt people alive, Rhaegar being the only silver lining from her immediate family.. Also do we even know she'll even believe that Jon is truly Rhaegar's son? I feel like unless Bran had physical proof that Jon is Rhaegar's son, Dany would just see Jon as a pretender. Hell he doesn't even have the Targaryen features which works against him in trying to convince people of his true parentage (In history before this worked against the Targaryens when they married into the Martell family and their Valyrian look started to fade and then there was the first Blackfyre Rebellion).

I have a hard time finding anybody in the south believing anything that a crippled "tree wizard" (As Issac put it on the GoT comic-con panel lol) would say. This is why I really feel like they have to introduce Howland Reed, he was actually at the ToJ and would be the best bet at vouching for who Jon really is. Bran can't just give people visions, or atleast he hasn't been shown the ability to and I don't think he will be able to, Bloodraven was able to show Bran visions through the Weirwood network because they are both greenseers, 99.9% of the population (including Jon) are not greenseers. So it'd be Bran's word alone that people would have to go off of. And he's still a little kid essentially. Gonna need more proof than that.

If they just skip over this and just have people accept a 11-12 year old cripple telling them that Jon is Rhaegar's son, I'm probably gonna smash my TV to bits, because that's even more unbelievable than a bastard being named King in the North over a trueborn.

6 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Good points. :)

It just depends on how d&d want to write it. They don't seem to go for what is natural and expected. If they don't want conflict, they will have Jon act completely oblivious and revert to his "love of family" no matter what they do mode. 

The books will make it far more interesting of course. I cannot wait!

Me neither (can't wait).  I still think that the very endgame cannot depart considerably in the show from the books.  Okay we have storylines given to other characters, e.g. Ramsay/Sansa marriage (which I hated) but somehow I knew (when there was speculation for instance) that she could not be pregnant as that would have an end game consequence in a heir not in the books but I think Jon, Bran and Arya are too major in terms of characters for their end game to differ.  Whether they are all super happy to meet and stay like that without conflict or whether they bicker like hell as you say is up to D&D but I do not really see them ending in complete different sides though...

Just now, Morgana Lannister said:

Me neither (can wait).  I still think that the very endgame cannot depart considerably in the show from the books.  Okay we have storylines given to other characters, e.g. Ramsay/Sansa marriage (which I hated) but somehow I knew (when there was speculation for instance) that she could not be pregnant as that would have an end game consequence in a heir not in the books but I think Jon, Bran and Arya are too major in terms of characters for their end game to differ.  Whether they are all super happy to meet and stay like that without conflict or whether they bicker like hell as you say is up to D&D but I do not really see them ending in complete different sides though...

Completely agree!

I think if there is any conflict, it won't be between those 3 especially. I think there is enough conflict externally to generate the tension and dramatics for the Starks. Especially with the WW looming. 

The last book was named "A Times for Wolves" before grrm changed it. So I'm hoping the Starks will continue to rise. 

4 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Completely agree!

I think if there is any conflict, it won't be between those 3 especially. I think there is enough conflict externally to generate the tension and dramatics for the Starks. Especially with the WW looming. 

The last book was named "A Times for Wolves" before grrm changed it. So I'm hoping the Starks will continue to rise. 

Oh, I didn't know that so definitely good news in a way.  That title has hope in it IMHO. Now someone of them will have to start breeding soon or stay alive with prospects for it to happen lol for the family to endure.  Now, off topic a bit, but I am not 100% convinced that both Dany and Bran are definitely unable to do so.  We have them from their point of view second hand in both cases through the words or assumptions as it might be of that witch and of Ned (who could be mistaken) but I think Jon and Sansa (but not together) are the most likely candidates though and Arya, of course. Lol forgive me seem to have obsessed today with main characters making babies lol

Archived