US Elections - From Russia with Love

The Anti-Targ

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Is it just me, or do other people see Trump's whole Russia should hack into Hillary's e-mail schtick as a giant bait/troll? I don't know why people are taking what he said so deadly serious. I mean you don't really think he thinks it's actually a good idea? Unless he really is a Manchurian candidate, he's still got to be sufficiently patriotic that he would not want foreign powers getting their hands on emails that are possibly damaging to national security. Even though, as people have noted, Russia, Iran, China, Israel, Germany, France, the UK and several other countries probably do have her e-mails. Yeah, if people think it's only the USA's foes that snoop on them then they should have a wee chat with Angela Merkel.

I am honestly convinced that Trump cares for nothing besides Trump.  Especially Trump's fame.  

1 hour ago, Fez said:

Why? What evidence do you have that he was joking? That's a pretty huge assumption to make about something this important. And even if he was joking it would still be terrible because foreign espionage and election tampering are not issues that public figures should be taking lightly.

It's Altherion dude. He has never listened to anything Trump has actually said, but only used Trump as a blank screen on which to project the candidate he wishes Trump was.

Fairly common Trump-supporter thing actually.

Tim Kaine is basically a cross between Ned Flanders and Calvin's dad. He has never said anything worse than darn, and thought really hard about saying "bless their heart" but decided that was too far.

29 minutes ago, Tempra said:

Did someone at the DNC forget it's 2016 and not 2012?  Obama can't run again folks.  

It's nice to have a well-liked President that you're proud of at your chosen party's convention. Sorry you don't know the feeling.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Never thought I'd say this, but I am enjoying the hell out of Michael Bloomberg.

Surprised you weren't turned off by the "MURICA, FUCK YEAH!!!" theme.  Generally, you want to wretch when Republicans talk about American Exceptionalism, America being the Greatest country in the world, and Americans not being afraid of anybody.  Does that make you a partisan hack or have your thoughts on such naked jingoism evolved?

7 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

It's nice to have a well-liked President that you're proud of at your chosen party's convention. Sorry you don't know the feeling.

As someone who has twice voted for Obama and will (begrudgingly) vote for Hillary, your comment makes no sense with regards to me.

8 minutes ago, Tempra said:

Surprised you weren't turned off by the "MURICA, FUCK YEAH!!!" theme.  Generally, you want to wretch when Republicans talk about American Exceptionalism, America being the Greatest country in the world, and Americans not being afraid of anybody.  Does that make you a partisan hack or have your thoughts on such naked jingoism evolved?

I think, even with this crude attack, you are smart enough to be able to distinguish between the contexts and connotations of the deployment of those concepts and cheering points. If you have some specific remarks you'd like me to address, give me some quotes. Otherwise, do better.

Thinking on it - Obama is unique in that he is the first president since possibly Kennedy who has left the office without basically any taint of anything particularly bad or dislike. LBJ had Vietnam, Nixon lol, Ford pardoned nixon, Carter was weak and failed in Iran, Reagan had Iran contra, Bush has tax increases, Clinton had affairs and lies, bush2 had the great recession and Iraq.

It's been 60 fucking years almost since we had a president that was virtually spotless in that way.

40 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

You can feel the pique at the difference between the benches here, can't you?

Archived