Do you think a Victarion/Asha ticket would have beaten Euron at the Kingsmoot?

Asha's and Victarion's supporters clashed and Euron took the chance to make his showy entrance with the horn. But what if Vic had accepted Asha's offer? Would her charisma and progressive policies combined with Victarion's experience as a battle commander be enough to unify the Ironborn against the outlandish promises of that dangerous sociopath Euron*?

* I am in no shape or form implying that Euron = Donald Trump. Such a comparison would be impossible to make since nowhere in the books does Grrm describe Euron as the Annoying Orange with a Pidgeotto hair piece and a Vienna sausage penis. 

I don't think so. Because you don't have a "ticket" as a king/High Lord. Because any deal can be revoked easily by the one who is not King/High Lord (K/H henceforth). So if Victarion is K/H with Asha's help, the next morning he can cast her away even is she is his counsellor. He would have the authority, and vice versa. You elect one leader in a kingsmoot, you don't elect two. It would only create conflict in a feudal society. But one of them could have declared for the other as a tactic against Euron, that is a possibility, and he would have had some reward probably, but not as part of a two-headed leader.

22 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

* I am in no shape or form implying that Euron = Donald Trump. Such a comparison would be impossible to make since nowhere in the books does Grrm describe Euron as the Annoying Orange with a Pidgeotto hair piece and a Vienna sausage penis. 

LOL.

Laughter aside (but seriously, that's hilarious), I think that as long as Euron had the dragon horn he was going to swamp all competition. I always read the Kingsmoot passages as people abandoning ship from Asha and VIctarion and pledging their support to Euron due to his seemingly inevitable victory. Victarion was promising more of the same leadership (which sat well with a lot of people, obviously), Asha peace. Together, they may have made it less of a deafening victory for Euron, but I think the moment he whipped out the dragon horn he was promising something bigger, more compelling than peace or independence: Glory.

24 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

LOL.

Laughter aside (but seriously, that's hilarious), I think that as long as Euron had the dragon horn he was going to swamp all competition. I always read the Kingsmoot passages as people abandoning ship from Asha and VIctarion and pledging their support to Euron due to his seemingly inevitable victory. Victarion was promising more of the same leadership (which sat well with a lot of people, obviously), Asha peace. Together, they may have made it less of a deafening victory for Euron, but I think the moment he whipped out the dragon horn he was promising something bigger, more compelling than peace or independence: Glory.

Charisma was also a big factor I believe. But you are right. Especially since he could promise things alone while Victarion/Asha would have been divided no matter what since they wanted different goals, and as I stated: you only have one seat at the top.

19 minutes ago, Anton Martell said:

Charisma was also a big factor I believe. But you are right. Especially since he could promise things alone while Victarion/Asha would have been divided no matter what since they wanted different goals, and as I stated: you only have one seat at the top.

Them "dividing no matter what" really has nothing to do with the topic though, even though it might seem like it does. The question that the OP puts forward is not if the two parties would have turned on each other after the case, but if Asha convincing her supporters to chant "Victarion" would have been enough to cinch the Kingsmoot. The latter is the topic at hand, the former is actually irrelevant.

12 hours ago, Minstral said:

Them "dividing no matter what" really has nothing to do with the topic though, even though it might seem like it does. The question that the OP puts forward is not if the two parties would have turned on each other after the case, but if Asha convincing her supporters to chant "Victarion" would have been enough to cinch the Kingsmoot. The latter is the topic at hand, the former is actually irrelevant.

That is what OP said:

13 hours ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Asha's and Victarion's supporters clashed and Euron took the chance to make his showy entrance with the horn. But what if Vic had accepted Asha's offer? Would her charisma and progressive policies combined with Victarion's experience as a battle commander be enough to unify the Ironborn against the outlandish promises of that dangerous sociopath Euron*?

So he clearly proposes a ticket, it's even in the name of the topic. Not just Asha saying Victarion's name, but clearly proposing a double leadership. Maybe OP can clarify what he meant?

I think they may have had a better chance together than apart. They essentially split the vote by opposing each other. However, I'm not convinced them together would have been enough to overcome the initial wonder of dragonhorn.

Archived