Prediction: Davos is going to Braavos

Just putting it out there in case I'm right, then I'll look like a fucking oracle.

It's too obvious that he'll just pick up Rickon and head back to Winterfell. Perhaps Rickon won't want to go, or perhaps Davos will realise that Manderly's planning to crown Rickon instead of Stannis. Either way, Braavos is a safer bet, for a time. What plans or goals the Skagosi have, I don't know. Perhaps they'll want to keep Rickon until Davos comes back from Braavos with more men?

Plus, in Braavos, he can run into some interesting characters. Justin Massey will be there, along with fake Arya and the news that Jon Snow and Stannis are both dead. (Having heard Stannis is dead, he might have even brought Selyse and Shireen with him.) They will debate whether and how to continue, and whether Stannis is really dead. Stannis's death might create complications with the Iron Bank, especially with Harys Swyft there negotiating with them. The two rival teams may even run into each other, causing blood in the gutters. And all the Westerosi infighting will make the news in Braavos, which means Arya will about it, and about her imposter, and perhaps also about Rickon.

Then they'll sail to the Riverlands with an empty ship, to pick up the giant wolfpack and bring them north. Imagine that: a whole ship full of wolves.

Anyway, that's all I got. Share ifu agree@!

I can't see Davos abandoning Stannis just because it's safer. I don't doubt that he'll meet up with Massey and his sellsword army if they approach Westeros as they have to land between Eastwatch and White Harbor. But he won't go to Braavos to do it. Even if he hears that Stannis is dead, he's be compelled to investigate and find Shireen.

Davos would ride into hell for Stannis. He's lost all his children, maybe his wife? I don't remember. He's all in. 

If he thought Manderly was scheming (I mean, he is, and Davos might know, it's pretty thinly veiled), it would be totally against his character to just say screw it and not even go to try to save Stannis or, more importantly, Shireen. 

Plus Stannis is alive and well (considering the circumstances) in the books and many in this forum think he's going to open up Winds by opening up a can of whoop ass at the crofters village. You can't keep the rightful king of Westeros down for long. 

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool for Davos to end up in Braavos and I think there's at least a decent chance he will end up there, but it won't be because he cut and ran. 

1 hour ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

Then they'll sail to the Riverlands with an empty ship, to pick up the giant wolfpack and bring them north. Imagine that: a whole ship full of wolves.

Sounds awful. Sh*t and fur everywhere. 

Right, to be clear: he's not abandoning Stannis, he's just making a temporary detour to Braavos so he can put Rickon beyond Manderly's clutches - probably planning to leave him there for safekeeping, while he regroups with Stannis and lets him know he has Rickon in hand and the northern lords will proclaim him king unless Stannis makes an arrangement with Rickon first, or something

And then he finds out Stannis is dead

And so on

While I don't this is a bad prediction my one issue with it is that another important character would be sailing away from the main conflict. I would think by the end of Winds that all of the main characters would be in or at least on the way to Westeros where the main conflict is. If the pacing is Game where Tyrion is able to Winterfell, the Wall, Riverlands, the Vale, back to the Riverlands, and then on is way to KL all in the span of one book, then I could see it. But with the pacing of the last few books where it take whole books to cross the Riverlands idk if it could work especially if GRRM truly plans to finish this in two books.

I think Davos is bringing Rickon and the entire Skagosi population to the mainland. As I've said before, Skagos is more than satisfied to be left alone on their island, but once the Wall falls and the ice packs extend south, then Skagos will be joined to the Haunted Forest by pack ice. And then they will be utterly vulnerable to the full power of the Others.

So it is inevitable that the Skagosi need to flee their homeland to the safety of the mainland North. How can they achieve that given the inevitable reluctance of the other Northern lords to have the full nation of  tens of thousands of Skaggs (if you include women and children) invading their lands? Well, there is one way that presents itself.

By cutting a deal to support the heir to the King in the North, who happens to be in their midst at that very moment. So I expect Davos to head across the Bay of Seals, with thousands of Skaggs in tow by the end of Winds.

EDIT

In fact, one way to get him back to the Wall and Castle Black, is for the Skaggs to have heard of the son of Eddard Stark who cut a deal with the wildlings to cross South of the Wall, and then insisting that if they arrive with his brother Rickon, Jon might cut the same deal with them without the need for any fighting before Winter.

Thus we may well see Davos, Rickon and the Skagosi chieftains all present when Jon gets resurrected. 

I think it is more likely that Davos winds up being involved in the evacuation of Hardhome.  The timing is just about right for it, and Skagos isn't that far away.  Also, it would be nice to have a POV for that, and we already have one for Braavos (Arya).  George has also said that we will see the Land of Always Winter, and it's possible that Davos could wind up traveling in that direction.  

Anything that happens in Braavos can probably be told from Arya's POV.  I think she will learn about her impostor without any help from Davos, for example, and I doubt that Stannis is going to die in the immediate future.  Even if he did, news of it would probably arrive in Braavos long after Swyft has returned to King's Landing.  Anything happening with him can be told by Arya in Braavos or Cersei or Arianne in KL

7 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I think it is more likely that Davos winds up being involved in the evacuation of Hardhome.  The timing is just about right for it, and Skagos isn't that far away.  Also, it would be nice to have a POV for that, and we already have one for Braavos (Arya).  George has also said that we will see the Land of Always Winter, and it's possible that Davos could wind up traveling in that direction.  

Interesting

5 hours ago, Nevets said:

Anything that happens in Braavos can probably be told from Arya's POV.  I think she will learn about her impostor without any help from Davos, for example, and I doubt that Stannis is going to die in the immediate future.  Even if he did, news of it would probably arrive in Braavos long after Swyft has returned to King's Landing.  Anything happening with him can be told by Arya in Braavos or Cersei or Arianne in KL

This seems like exactly the kind of thing that Davos would do. Stannis is about saving the Wildlings and bringing them into the realm.

Archived