America: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Daendrew

Speaking about the ASOIAF and american politics: i think that Trump would be a boisterous villain in the Seven Kingdoms, a mix of Ramsay Bolton with Cersei Lannister, with some Petyr Baelish in it; while Hillary would be a more quiet villain, a less evil villain, something like a mix of Euron Greyjoy and Melisandre, with some High Sparrow in it.

I see Hillary as a mix of Olenna, and Asha, in personality. There is perhaps a tough of High Sparrow. I think she is clever, not good at flashy rhetoric, self controlled, mostly, grey but not evil, a strong survivor and quite astute. I think the Baelish in her enables her to look at the big picture and to understand details. Hillary also did not come from wealth, but had to earn her degree, work achievements, position, and present wealth.

The Donald does lose his temper a lot, like Visaerys.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/06/trump-chooses-paul-ryan-base/

What's happened here is an all out war of total chaos. It's basically Game of Thrones (SPOILERS AHEAD) - Robert Baratheon is dead, Trump is playing the part of Joffrey (the illegitimate child of his wife's incestuous relationship with her brother) who is nominally ruling a kingdom that is in fact devolving into total chaos, with ever shifting alliances that are allowing centuries-old grievances to boil to the surface. Political observers are right now watching the American equivalent of the Red Wedding, stupefied and unable to even comprehend what is happening in front of them or the forces that brought it to this. A whole lot of bloodshed later, the end result is going to be that the American version of Cersei is going to be on the throne and then we're all screwed.

Oh well, at least it will be entertaining to watch.

Let see.

Hillary and Cersei both didn't accept that only men should have political power or ambitions.

Hillary and Cersei both had philandering husbands although Bill is very bright, and hard working and Robert was not.

Hillary was from a modest background and Cersei was from a notoriously ruthless, wealthy and aristocratic family.

Hillary excelled at school, Cersei was not allowed any advanced education, or career other than motherhood.

Hillary was a good mother who is very connected to a bright thriving daughter, Cersei, well...

Hillary is liked and respected by many people. Almost nobody likes or respects Cersei.

Hillary was elected to different offices. Cersei doesnt care about other people's points of view.

Hillary has worked for health care access for decades, women's rights globally, and children's welfare. Cersei doesn't care about other people.

I personally would be horrified if Cersei was president. I think Hillary would be rational, well informed, competent and intelligent.

Archived