Dany+Tyrion=Love?

Anton Martell

6 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Holy crap, are there actually people shipping Dany and the Imp?

Now that is what I call "Shrimp on the Barbie", lol

Sansa + Dany, Dany + Davos or Dany + Jaime. I've seen some of these ideas floating around the internet. :dunno:

Just now, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I hope so, I always get excited to see minor characters make appearances 

I keep thinking about the Mountain Clans that Tyrion and the Lannisters armed in Season 2 besieging him now that his Army has left the Vale. Tyrion may approach them for an alliance with Dany and he did say as he left the Eyrie, "A Lannister always pays his debts?

Just now, A Ghost of Someone said:

I keep thinking about the Mountain Clans that Tyrion and the Lannisters armed in Season 2 besieging him now that his Army has left the Vale. Tyrion may approach them for an alliance with Dany and he did say as he left the Eyrie, "A Lannister always pays his debts?

I'm not sure how he'll deliver the Vale to the Mountain Clans with the Vale already allied with Jon and Jon supposedly bending the knee to Daenerys. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out (in the books if the show doesn't include it). 

1 minute ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I'm not sure how he'll deliver the Vale to the Mountain Clans with the Vale already allied with Jon and Jon supposedly bending the knee to Daenerys. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out (in the books if the show doesn't include it). 

She show has problems with continuity anyways so the odds are the Mountain Clans will never be brought up again but Sweet Robin simply cannot be overlooked. Funny, LF really has no Army, it is Sweet Robin's and if he dies, SR, that is, then there is no Harry the Heir so, I doubt they would simply give it to LF but who knows. This is an open end on this show.

3 hours ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

How stupid, it's obvious Lord Robert Arryn is the only worthy consort for a dragon queen 

"Make the bad man fly." I love that little shit, shame it looks he's not even in the next season.

3 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

For Pete's sake...................................

Also Dany and Baelish. Jon also had some Jon + Shireen, Jon + Lyanna Mormont, Jon + Cersei (that would be fun) Cersei would drink herself to death with Jon from the sheer boredom. :lmao:

Sometimes I hate the internet.

12 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I value your opinion, but Emilia knows a lot more about the next season or where is her character heading than you and I. She has read the scripts, talks to directors, D&D much like for example Lena constantly emailing them about Cersei.

True.  At this moment, Emilia knows a lot more about Season 7 than me, but I would not be surprised to discover she knows as little about Season 8 as I do.  Guess we'll see what happens.

I value her opinion which seems to be honest and on point with producers. Daario missing from the next season and maybe the rest of the show is telling. He might came back but certainly he's not the third marriage for her with all the hints in the books or what we know from the next season.

Third marriage? I thought the prophecy spoke of a "third mount" (seriously)?  If my memory is right, then in that sense, I'd say Daario's already way ahead of Jon.  Oh, and Daario already is...the third and final mount.

About children. Emilia is talking in the present sentences because show has been pretty clearly with reminding us that she'll never have any other children than dragons. She will, actually

Reveal hidden contents

Dany will mention this again to Jon in their conversation.

This is a very interesting choice of scene to do. At this point, I am thinking not just anybody can get her pregnant and it needs a magic, someone touched by a magic, or perhaps the same bloodline. We know Daario is neither of those.

Interesting.  Not sure how you know such details about whether Daario is touched my magic and/or does or does not have a certain bloodline, though.  But I suppose you might be right.

Because the books and the show are not full of incest, familial relationships, her whole family is build on this. Starks did it, Lannisters did it not to that extent but they did intermarry,

Starks did incest?  Honestly, sounds like your knowledge may be better than mine here.  When? Who? (Not saying you're wrong, these are sincere questions by me.)  In any event, I believe incest is portrayed in GoT/ASOIAF as a generally bad thing.  I'll be pretty surprised if two VERY main characters (Jon and Dany) end the show/books in an incestous relationship (or, at least, in what would be considered an incestuous relationship in, I think, the vast majority of what we call "the real world")

You're putting way too much stock on this because it ended in Meereen for her, might not for Daario. She gets close to someone on many levels next season.

His advices weren't really that smart, would make her cruel and exactly what fans, herself would regret later on. Thankfully Tyrion saw to that. Slaughtering and politics are not always the same.

Is Daario a better and intellectual match for than let's say Jon? I don't think so. Daario can't understand her burden, what she's been through in her life, what she lost. He likes the idea of Mother of Dragons, the Conqueror, someone powerful he can ride beside. Not who Dany really is.

As she said she could never have a faith in a man like Daario. I don't know what else they should to convince you that this relationship was simple a step for her character development. On the other hand Jon been through similar expriencs, he is her closest family (someone as the books she should trust), someone who had lost a lot in his life, someone who is a decent human being and shares similar view on the world.

Hmmmm.   Again, interesting.  From my point of view, Dany screwed up ROYALLY and REPEATEDLY in ADWD and in the last few seasons of the show.  And a whole lot of that trouble could have been avoided if she had listened to Daario.  Now, I'm not saying Daario is perfect, or the smartest person on the show, or even in the top 10 smartest people, but that's not what we're discussing.  I think we're comparing Dany and Daario, and from what I've seen I have NO reason to believe Dany is smarter than Daario, and plenty of reason to believe she is LESS smart, especially when it comes to "street smarts," "common sense," and "the way of the world (especially in Essos)."

But hey, these are just my thoughts, and different perspectives are why we're here, I think..

11 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Could you please refrain from making gender biased claims that date back to the Victorian era.

I'll try to refrain from getting into this subject too deeply with you, but I believe it's appropriate for me to say this much in my defense, especially since you just verbally attacked me:

My comment is NOT based on Victorian era gender bias, it is based on modern scientific studies (and NOT ones conducted by me).

Now, you may disagree with those studies, but the fact that they seem consistent with empirical evidence I have encountered in my life does NOT mean that my view is Victorian era gender bias.

In any event, I'm sure it is pointless for us to even attempt to discuss this further.  You and I once tried to do so (about a year ago), and the whole thing got deleted as being "off topic."  For all I know, I think you probably "reported" me cuz you disagreed with me, that would not surprise me in the least.

So, as far as I'm concerned, that's that.  If you verbally attack me again, it's very likely I'll defend myself again, but otherwise, so far as I'm concerned this is over.

(I would invite you to PM me if you want to discuss this "off topic" issue further, but I highly doubt that's a good idea.  My guess is that we'd just continue to sharply disagree, and then you'll probably be reporting me for disagreeing with you there, and I have no interest in the hassle.)

I know this might be a little late to reply. But there is 100 percent something going on there and I caught it too. When I saw it initially, I assume everyone caught it as well. The show might be setting top the Jon-Tyrion-Arya love triangle as Jon-Tyrion-Dany instead. 

20 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Holy crap, are there actually people shipping Dany and the Imp? @A Ghost of Someone

Now that is what I call "Shrimp on the Barbie", lol

Don't get me wrong, I don't totally believe it either but you "making fun" of anyone who disagrees with you is not something I believe is allowed here...

That kind of comment is considered trolling; either you provide a theory why not or moderate your stance!

Don't get me wrong, I don't totally believe it either but you "making fun" of anyone who disagrees with you is not something I believe is allowed here...

[Not sure how my last comment ended up in your post lol but surely it was my last comment and not yours lol]  but I am sure it wasn't your fault! will pm (my comment was directed at a different poster) lol ;)

17 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Then why are you even here? Why debating the show, when you don't even watch it so you can spit on it, telling us this or that is not canon or how the show is totally different (they are but not to extent you might think) from the books? :dunno: There is R&R thread on it.

I value your opinion, but Emilia knows a lot more about the next season or where is her character heading than you and I. She has read the scripts, talks to directors, D&D much like for example Lena constantly emailing them about Cersei.

I value her opinion which seems to be honest and on point with producers. Daario missing from the next season and maybe the rest of the show is telling. He might came back but certainly he's not the third marriage for her with all the hints in the books or what we know from the next season.

About children. Emilia is talking in the present sentences because show has been pretty clearly with reminding us that she'll never have any other children than dragons. She will, actually

Hide contents

Dany will mention this again to Jon in their conversation.

This is a very interesting choice of scene to do. At this point, I am thinking not just anybody can get her pregnant and it needs a magic, someone touched by a magic, or perhaps the same bloodline. We know Daario is neither of those.

Because the books and the show are not full of incest, familial relationships, her whole family is build on this. Starks did it, Lannisters did it not to that extent but they did intermarry,

You're putting way too much stock on this because it ended in Meereen for her, might not for Daario. She gets close to someone on many levels next season.

His advices weren't really that smart, would make her cruel and exactly what fans, herself would regret later on. Thankfully Tyrion saw to that. Slaughtering and politics are not always the same.

Is Daario a better and intellectual match for than let's say Jon? I don't think so. Daario can't understand her burden, what she's been through in her life, what she lost. He likes the idea of Mother of Dragons, the Conqueror, someone powerful he can ride beside. Not who Dany really is.

As she said she could never have a faith in a man like Daario. I don't know what else they should to convince you that this relationship was simple a step for her character development. On the other hand Jon been through similar expriencs, he is her closest family (someone as the books she should trust), someone who had lost a lot in his life, someone who is a decent human being and shares similar view on the world.

For all I agree with @Cron, I do hate to say that I both favour and predict Jon for Dany lol

2 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

That kind of comment is considered trolling; either you provide a theory why not or moderate your stance!

[Not sure how my last comment ended up in your post lol but surely it was my last comment and not yours lol]  but I am sure it wasn't your fault! will pm (my comment was directed at a different poster) lol ;)

It is called a joke. A joke that pertains to the two people involved in the suggested OP, not the people who want it.

Tyrion = Shrimp

Dany = Barbie

and no I am not Australian but the phrase is catchy, Shrimp on the .......

2 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

You added something to my comments when you quoted me that I did not write. I suggest you remove them to be more accurate. Thank you for your cooperation.  lol, Robocop humor.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:25 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Previosuly Knowing they are family would prevent them to fall in love in fact. It's the fact that they don't know that makes them candidates to be paired up (even if I totally disagree that they are made for each other).

A man would not fall for a woman she finds attarctive or likes if ke knows she is his aunt (he would quickly change his mind after knowing this) and same with a woman like Dany, even in this case she knows her family has been incestuous many times. So, at least on Jon's part, he would just not fall because they are family, and I'd say Dany would find it less appealing 'cause she is a more modern Targaryen.

It happens many times in fiction. Once some people know they are related, you don't find that person appealing to you at all. On the contrary. And I bet knowing they are family will create lots of drama and angst between them in season 8.

20 hours ago, Cron said:

especially since you just verbally attacked me:

This is a lie. I said nothing about you.

"Could you please refrain from making gender biased claims that date back to the Victorian era."

I said something about the claims you make, not about you. I am allowed to criticise claims, posts, and ideas. Claims, posts and ideas are not people.

20 hours ago, Cron said:

My comment is NOT based on Victorian era gender bias, it is based on modern scientific studies (and NOT ones conducted by me).

MODERN studies actually disagree with your claim. Only studies during a cultural time that predates the sexual liberisation of women claim such conclusions as yours do. Modern studies will do no more than speculate and include the possibility that a cultural bias is at play.

Women and men are proven to "lie" about libido, experience, attraction and they lie to avoid being shamed, even to this very day. Men exaggerate and are culturally expected to brag. Women are publically shamed or at the very least fear being shamed if they reveal to strangers in a non intimate situation how sexually active they actually are and just how much or often they might get turned on for pure primal sexual reasons. Both genders lie, and have social and cultural reasons to lie, even now, and women will prefer to zip up on the subject. And the root of it is the Victorian era, where women were supposed to be not interested in sex at all and have no libido whatsoever and shamed if they even showed interest in sex, while hedonistic men were semi-heroes as dandies. This is in fact not even an issue prior to the Victorian era. It is this period that George writes about, a period where sex and libido is not something to be ashamed about, for either men or women, and he correctly portrays this with Arianne, Asha, or even Sansa and Arya who are confronted with people seeking or having sex. 

20 hours ago, Cron said:

Now, you may disagree with those studies, but the fact that they seem consistent with empirical evidence I have encountered in my life does NOT mean that my view is Victorian era gender bias.

Your own life experience is by definition biased evidence. You have proven several times that you take your belief as fact, period, and only take into account self-reported confessions that fit your belief, while you completely ignore everything that does not fit into it. That alone makes it no more than a belief or opinion, but not fact.

20 hours ago, Cron said:

In any event, I'm sure it is pointless for us to even attempt to discuss this further.  You and I once tried to do so (about a year ago), and the whole thing got deleted as being "off topic."  For all I know, I think you probably "reported" me cuz you disagreed with me, that would not surprise me in the least.

Now who here is trying to make it personal? Regardless of what I may or may not report, the solution to not get your posts deleted is by refraining to go off topic on a tangent of your own very personal beliefs about gender differences, and general claims without much back-up, knowing very well that it's off topic. And I openly asked you to refrain from doing so.

20 hours ago, Cron said:

If you verbally attack me again

Again, I did not verbally attack you whatsoever.

18 hours ago, Cron said:

True.  At this moment, Emilia knows a lot more about Season 7 than me, but I would not be surprised to discover she knows as little about Season 8 as I do.  Guess we'll see what happens.

They do have some snippets on this as to where in the general idea is. They're spending the whole season to set something up, which I am not gonna go to much of detail because you probably know or simply not to spoilt it for others.

Third marriage? I thought the prophecy spoke of a "third mount" (seriously)?  If my memory is right, then in that sense, I'd say Daario's already way ahead of Jon.  Oh, and Daario already is...the third and final mount.

First two are commonly interpretated as Drogo and Hizdar, her first two marriages. One to bed, one to dread and one to love.

She were supposed to give Drogo a child, she was basically a slave to a certain point.

With Hizdar she hated him and dreading their marriage for political reasons.

Third one is probably going to be out of love, what she wants, whoever she will choose.

Not sure where you getting that Daario is ahead of Jon in this or that he is already a third mount where nothing points to it.

Interesting.  Not sure how you know such details about whether Daario is touched my magic and/or does or does not have a certain bloodline, though.  But I suppose you might be right.

It seems something they might want to play with. She did get her period in ADWD but she had sex with Daario, yet not getting pregnant. It might require someone very specific. But this just my opinion but it sort of makes sense.

Starks did incest?  Honestly, sounds like your knowledge may be better than mine here.  When? Who? (Not saying you're wrong, these are sincere questions by me.)  In any event, I believe incest is portrayed in GoT/ASOIAF as a generally bad thing.  I'll be pretty surprised if two VERY main characters (Jon and Dany) end the show/books in an incestous relationship (or, at least, in what would be considered an incestuous relationship in, I think, the vast majority of what we call "the real world")

Ned's parents were cousins, we can find even uncle/niece marriage in the Stark family tree, Tywin and Joanna first cousins. Incest but tolerable to many but not on the the level of Targaryen - who were special in this and had their privileges also because of dragons. They forced anything they wanted. Jon and Dany while they do share more genetics than let's say Jon and Arya or Sansa, still it's something Westerosi society might accept, not to mention Dany do have dragons.

I wouldn't say that incest is portrayed as a bad thing. Many Targaryen Kings and Queens were good and born out of it. Targaryens/Valyrians are special like sort of equivalent of Elves from Tolkien. They have a different rules, standards and our genetics really do not apply here.

Jon was always going to end in an incestous relationship, George's original idea were Jon and Arya. So, he very much intended for incest to be a big part of Jon's story.

Hmmmm.   Again, interesting.  From my point of view, Dany screwed up ROYALLY and REPEATEDLY in ADWD and in the last few seasons of the show.  And a whole lot of that trouble could have been avoided if she had listened to Daario.  Now, I'm not saying Daario is perfect, or the smartest person on the show, or even in the top 10 smartest people, but that's not what we're discussing.  I think we're comparing Dany and Daario, and from what I've seen I have NO reason to believe Dany is smarter than Daario, and plenty of reason to believe she is LESS smart, especially when it comes to "street smarts," "common sense," and "the way of the world (especially in Essos)."

Daario is not a fool but also not something Dany would ever be safe with, emotionally connected and someone she would be willing to rule with. Retiring somewhere is not a thing for her, she'll either rule or die. We know she doesn't want Daario there and in fact she was not even sure if she loved him. She needed someone and it was Daario. Now she's fully focused on rulling and not expecting any love, just a political marriage. So if she falls in love, it would be a surprise for her.

So, Daario while he gave some good advices, but it would turn Dany into a person we might not like to see. He sees her as Mother of Dragons, the Conqueror someone he can love and profit from. Even if it means being her consort but that's not what she wants or is in hear heart looking for. These are just our views but based on what we know, it seems there is a certain someone for her.

Archived