Dany+Tyrion=Love?

Anton Martell

On 3/7/2017 at 9:25 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Then why are you even here? Why debating the show, when you don't even watch it so you can spit on it, telling us this or that is not canon or how the show is totally different (they are but not to extent you might think) from the books? :dunno: There is R&R thread on it.

I didn't knew that I had to have your permission to come here. 

My point is that I don't really care about the GoT leaks and the series, now if you have leaks about DW I would be really interested. The series has ended up D&D's fanf iction. I just said that for me Dany's actress is not gorgeous and that there is a D+T=daughter theory from the books. Of course I believe that in the series Jon will end up to be with Dany, d’uh it was obvious since the first episode of the first season.

Thanks for clarifying this and for the further information :)

You are welcome. I believe that it was necessary and there was no way of not happening. It would be silly for the series to spoil the books. I believe that the series and the books will be kind of Star Wars movies and EU. It may have some similarities, like how Jacen Solo and Ben Solo became Siths, but not the same.

Whoever Dany ends up with in the show will be her eventual partner in the books. If Dany and Jon fall in love in the show, they'll do so in the books as well. It doesn't matter how deeply you bury your head in the sands of denial, it's going to happen whether you like it or not. A Jon/Dany endgame has been a distinct and viable possibility since ACoK. The unwillingness of some corners of this fandom to recognize that is utterly baffling to me.

To put it back on topic, it makes perfect sense for Tyrion to be infatuated with Dany, keeping in mind that she's a beautiful woman who respects and validates him. It must be a novel feeling for him. Of course, Dany is very unlikely to reciprocate. I would hope that Tyrion is mature enough at this point to accept that and not let it get in the way of their working partnership.

17 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Whoever Dany ends up with in the show will be her eventual partner in the books. If Dany and Jon fall in love in the show, they'll do so in the books as well. It doesn't matter how deeply you bury your head in the sands of denial, it's going to happen whether you like it or not. A Jon/Dany endgame has been a distinct and viable possibility since ACoK. The unwillingness of some corners of this fandom to recognize that is utterly baffling to me.

GRRM is that you? How nice to see you here!

17 minutes ago, Lysander said:

it makes perfect sense for Tyrion to be infatuated with Dany, keeping in mind that she's a beautiful woman

So men are pigs who only care about the looks?

37 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

GRRM is that you? How nice to see you here!

D&D and GRRM himself have reiterated over and over again that the show and books are and have always been headed in the same direction-- who dies, who married whom, who rides off into the sunset, etc. As far as the main characters go, the show will have spoiled us about their fates by the end of Season 8. If Dany and Jon fall in love and screw each other's brains out in the show, they will do so in the books. Again, you can't say the signs haven't been there since very early in the series.

I really can't state it any more clearly.

So men are pigs who only care about the looks?

Tyrion is absolutely fixated on looks, yes. Not only is he painfully aware of his own hideous appearance, he's shown time and again to be easily drawn in by a pretty face. He's constantly evaluating the looks of the women (and men) around him. So yes, Tyrion places a distinct emphasis on looks.

EDIT: Not that it's just about her being hot. Tyrion has always craved validation for his abilities, especially from authority figures. She openly appreciates his intelligence and loyalty, which is a hell of a lot more than anything he ever got from Tywin, Cersei or Joffrey. Adding that to Dany's charisma and ability to wow the people around her, and it's plain as day why he would catch feelings.

2 minutes ago, Lysander said:

D&D and GRRM himself have reiterated over and over again that the show and books are and have always been headed in the same direction-- who dies, who married whom, who rides off into the sunset, etc. As far as the main characters go, the show will have spoiled us about their fates by the end of Season 8. If Dany and Jon fall in love and screw each other's brains out in the show, they will do so in the books. Again, you can't say the signs haven't been there since very early in the series.

I really can't state it any more clearly.

GRRM's editor also had said that he can only advice D&D but nothing more. It would had been silly for the books and the series to end the same way. Other than that in the books there are not as many signs as you think.

3 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Tyrion is absolutely fixated on looks, yes. Not only is he painfully aware of his own hideous appearance, he's shown time and again to be easily drawn in by a pretty face. He's constantly evaluating the looks of the women (and men) around him. So yes, Tyrion places a distinct emphasis on looks.

But also has shown that he prefers brunettes. In any case what you say seems rather sexist.

6 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

GRRM's editor also had said that he can only advice D&D but nothing more. It would had been silly for the books and the series to end the same way. Other than that in the books there are not as many signs as you think.

I don't know how much plainer I can state this. GRRM and D&D have both repeatedly said (over and over and over) that the books and show will end the same way, at least as far as the main characters are concerned. I know this may be upsetting to some, but unfortunately, the personal feelings of fans has nothing to do with whether or not it's true. There have been signs pointing to it in the books since the beginning, as any astute reader could glean using their god-given abilities of critical thought.

But also has shown that he prefers brunettes. In any case what you say seems rather sexist.

Er, what? Tyrion likes brunettes fine, but he's been shown to appreciate blondes and redheads as well. He's plenty attracted to Sansa, and he clearly found the silver-haired whore from Volantis to be the hottest woman in that particular brothel. Discriminating by hair color has never been a trait of his.

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

I don't know how much plainer I can state this. GRRM and D&D have both repeatedly said (over and over and over) that the books and show will end the same way, at least as far as the main characters are concerned. I know this may be upsetting to some, but unfortunately, the personal feelings of fans has nothing to do with whether or not it's true. 

According to GRRM Only the books are canons http://grrm.livejournal.com/352453.html?thread=18585285#t18585285. Also maybe you would like to read this; http://winteriscoming.net/2015/05/06/george-r-r-martins-editor-is-unhappy-with-game-of-thrones-departures-from-the-books/ So he can advice D&D but he couldn't stop them from doing what they want.

Also prease stop with the passive aggressive hidden personal attacks.

4 minutes ago, Lysander said:

There have been signs pointing to it in the books since the beginning, as any astute reader could glean using their god-given abilities of critical thought.

Again there are some but not as many as you think. Heck even Jon and Arya or Jon and Sansa have more signs than Jon and Dany. 

Er, what? Tyrion likes brunettes fine, but he's been shown to appreciate blondes and redheads as well. He's plenty attracted to Sansa, and he clearly found the silver-haired whore from Volantis to be the hottest woman in that particular brothel. Discriminating by hair color has never been a trait of his.

Being the hottest woman somewhere doesn't mean something. In any case, saying that Tyrion will fall for Dany simply because she is beautiful, is she?, it seems like a hidden way to say that men like women just because of their looks and they don't care about anything else.

5 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

According to GRRM Only the books are canons http://grrm.livejournal.com/352453.html?thread=18585285#t18585285. Also maybe you would like to read this; http://winteriscoming.net/2015/05/06/george-r-r-martins-editor-is-unhappy-with-game-of-thrones-departures-from-the-books/ So he can advice D&D but he couldn't stop them from doing what they want.

Of course, the books and the show are separate canons, but the latter is being informed by knowledge of the former. As David Benioff puts it:

Luckily, we’ve been talking about this with George [R.R. Martin] for a long time... and we know where things are heading. So, we’ll eventually meet up at pretty much the same place where George is going. There might be a few deviations along the route, but we’re heading towards the same destination.

This is exactly what they've been saying since the beginning. Now, since we know almost for certain that the show will beat the books to the ending, they've been trying to backtrack a little bit. But what's said is said: D&D have known GRRM's ending for years now and are barreling toward it.

Again there are some but not as many as you think. Heck even Jon and Arya or Jon and Sansa have more signs than Jon and Dany. 

All I said is that Jon/Dany has had hints from the beginning. The separate possibility of Jon/Arya (or more remotely, Jon/Sansa) is immaterial to my point. For the record, no other potential pairing involving Jon has had a hint so big or blatant as the HoTU prophecies.

Being the hottest woman somewhere doesn't mean something. In any case, saying that Tyrion will fall for Dany simply because she is beautiful, is she?, it seems like a hidden way to say that men like women just because of their looks and they don't care about anything else.

It's not only because she's beautiful. It's also because she's a charismatic leader in a position of authority over him who appreciates his intelligence. Although come to think of it, book Tyrion is kind of a sexist pig. Either way, it's crystal clear why he would like her.

6 minutes ago, Lysander said:

This is exactly what they've been saying since the beginning. Now, since we know almost for certain that the show will beat the books to the ending, they've been trying to backtrack a little bit. But what's said is said: D&D have known GRRM's ending for years now and are barreling toward it.

You are right. I especially like the part when the alliens may invade Westeros. Or how Stannis burned Shireen and how Ramsey raped Sansa.

All I said is that Jon/Dany has had hints from the beginning. The separate possibility of Jon/Arya (or more remotely, Jon/Sansa) is immaterial to my point. For the record, no other potential pairing involving Jon has had a hint so big or blatant as the HoTU prophecies.

You mean one quote about how there is a blue rose at the Wall? You are right numberless other signs about J=/=D are pale in comparisson with blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice.

It's not only because she's beautiful. It's also because she's a charismatic leader in a position of authority over him who appreciates his intelligence. Although come to think of it, book Tyrion is kind of a sexist pig. Either way, it's crystal clear why he would like her.

She is what now?:lmao:

15 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Of course, the books and the show are separate canons, but the latter is being informed by knowledge of the former. As David Benioff puts it:

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You are right. I especially like the part when the alliens may invade Westeros. Or how Stannis burned Shireen and how Ramsey raped Sansa.

Stannis will most likely burn Shireen in the books. Sansa's Vale arc wasn't important enough for them to keep, but that's exactly the type of detour he's talking about in that quote. Same goes for nothing characters (Val, Aegon, etc) who've gotten the axe. 

For example, if Jon and Dany end the show shagging on the Iron Throne, while Dany's pregnant with Rhaegar and Ned Jr., that's going to be the same across the board.

You mean one quote about how there is a blue rose at the Wall? You are right numberless other signs about J=/=D are pale in comparisson with blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice.

Exactly. Glad you agree :)

She is what now?:lmao:

I thought you were taking GRRM's word as gospel? He's literally called Dany exactly that: 

Dany is very difficult role. She starts out vulnerable and scared, but blooms on the Dothraki sea, and becomes a powerful leader by book's end. In her [Tamzin Merchant's] readings, she showed Dany's other side as well, commanding and charismatic after Drogo's death. I think she'll be marvelous.

Anyway, I don't care to repeat myself. I've clearly explained why the main characters will have the same fates in both the books and the show.  All three writers involved have explained it many times. How many stages of acceptance are there again...?

Sansa's Vale arc wasn't important enough for them to keep, but that's exactly the type of detour he's talking about in that quote.

You are right. One of the big five isn't important.  :rolleyes:

For example, if Jon and Dany end the show shagging on the Iron Throne, while Dany's pregnant with Rhaegar and Ned Jr., that's going to be the same across the board.

That is what you think, I disagree. Neither one can know for sure until the end.

3 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Exactly. Glad you agree :)

Utter :bs: but this is what it was expected.

How many stages of acceptance are there again...?

Passive aggressive again! How original. *yawning*

On 7/4/2017 at 2:20 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

You added something to my comments when you quoted me that I did not write. I suggest you remove them to be more accurate. Thank you for your cooperation.  lol, Robocop humor.

Will do; sorry, honestly, maybe I got you mixed up with someone else.  Will do but will need to find it and it's Friday night (with friends at the moment) but will do.

Actually, for the sake of expediency if you could point out to me what the incorrect part of the quote was on what post it would make it quicker for me to remove.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I thought you were taking GRRM's word as gospel? He's literally called Dany exactly that: 

Dany is very difficult role. She starts out vulnerable and scared, but blooms on the Dothraki sea, and becomes a powerful leader by book's end. In her [Tamzin Merchant's] readings, she showed Dany's other side as well, commanding and charismatic after Drogo's death. I think she'll be marvelous.

Anyway, I don't care to repeat myself. I've clearly explained why the main characters will have the same fates in both the books and the show.  All three writers involved have explained it many times. 

Is Tamzin Merchant the actress or Book Dany is the same with Series Dany?

7 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You are right. One of the big five isn't important.  :rolleyes:

Sansa isn't one of the big five, but @Lysander was talking about Sansa's Vale arc, not Sansa as a character.

Just now, Newstar said:

Sansa isn't one of the big five.

She seems to be quite crucial. Saying that she doesn't matter to the point that rape doesn't change anything is willfully ignorant. But yet again I am not surprised at all, I don’t know why I expected anything more.

4 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Is Tamzin Merchant the actress or Book Dany is the same with Series Dany?

He's literally referring to the character of Dany before she ever existed on television.

He's saying that the actress was able to correctly portray the personality of his character as she exists on the page (as in, a vulnerable child who becomes a charismatic leader). This statement does not need mental gymnastics to interpret correctly. 

3 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

She seems to be quite crucial. Saying that she doesn't matter to the point that rape doesn't change anything is willfully ignorant. But yet again I am not surprised at all, I don’t know why I expected anything more.

I never said Sansa doesn't matter, I'm saying her Vale arc doesn't matter. In the grand scheme of things.

He's literally referring to the character of Dany before she ever existed on television.

He's saying that the actress was able to correctly portray the personality of his character as she exists on the page (as in, a vulnerable child who becomes a charismatic leader). This statement does not need mental gymnastics to interpret correctly. 

Again, that is your personal opinion. After all is Dany charismatic? Her dragons make her. Is she, or at least Book Dant, a good ruler and smart? Heck no, her storyline in Slaver's bay proves it.

I never said Sansa doesn't matter, I'm saying her Vale arc doesn't matter. In the grand scheme of things.

You are right. Her story in Vale is exactly the same with what happened with Ramsey in WF and will have the same outcome both for her emotion and the overall story.

On 7/4/2017 at 2:20 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

You added something to my comments when you quoted me that I did not write. I suggest you remove them to be more accurate. Thank you for your cooperation.  lol, Robocop humor.

and I will remove them from my post as soon as I can find my original post lol

Archived