Dany+Tyrion=Love?

Anton Martell

On 7/11/2017 at 9:39 AM, lojzelote said:

Well, Meera. D&D are still keeping the broad strokes of GRRM's story, so it seems that either GRRM is a writer that sucks at foreshadowing or you and some other readers just aren't very good picking up on it. Or a combination thereof.

Anyway, even if a vision has multiple possible explanations, only the one that becomes canon is the real deal, no matter how much you would prefer any of the other ones. I have started reading this board nearly seven years ago, and already there has been much widespread speculation about Jon and Dany becoming a thing based on the books alone. That to me suggests there are clues and many people are able to recognize them. It's certainly not something people believe only because of D&D.

Exactly. I've been a member of this forum for about 5 years and there have been many who believed that there is major foreshadowing for Jon and Dany getting together. Some were even big posters like Lyanna Stark and Patrickstormborn. I haven't posted in the ASOIAF forums in years so I don't know where those guys are now but this was clearly not something just theorized by some small, delusional of people. People have to admit that there has always been a decent foundation for the theory to exist based on the pure number of people who think its there. It'll be even more clear when the show straight up confirms it

I haven't read this whole thread. Just commenting based on my reaction to OP title.

Wouldn't it be neat to see a reversal of Shae, Sansa and Tyrion with Tyrion, Dany and Jon?

I don't think that will happen, but Peter Dinklege did say something in a recent interview about Tyrion's judgment possibly being cloudy when it comes to his relationship with Dany.

16 hours ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

Exactly. I've been a member of this forum for about 5 years and there have been many who believed that there is major foreshadowing for Jon and Dany getting together. Some were even big posters like Lyanna Stark and Patrickstormborn. I haven't posted in the ASOIAF forums in years so I don't know where those guys are now but this was clearly not something just theorized by some small, delusional of people. People have to admit that there has always been a decent foundation for the theory to exist based on the pure number of people who think its there. It'll be even more clear when the show straight up confirms it

I admit I don't see it, and a majority don't.  But I respect if other people do. I won't admit that there is strong foreshadowing if I just don't see it. sorry.

17 hours ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

Well, I respect other people's reasonable views, but I'll be shocked in Jon and Dany end up togeteher.

(a)  They are NOT a good match from a personality standpoint (I could write at length about this, and I have.  Short version:  Jon would bore Dany to tears very quickly.  And for Jon...well, Dany is not Ygritte, and never will be.).

(b)  She's his aunt, and I just don't think GRR will go there as a "happily ever after" ending for 2 major characters.

(c) To the extent there is any "foreshadowing," i think it's misdirection, in books and show.

In "fiction," prophecies almost NEVER mean what they superficially seem to mean.  In fact, if something starts to seem really obvious, I start to think it's NOT true, just cuz it's too obvious.   I've felt this way about a lot of Jon and Dany predictions for a long time.  (Just like my skepticism that Tyrion was the Valonqar goes WAY, back, cuz initially, it was just TOO obvious.  If Cersei was smarter about such things, she would have known a long time ago that Tyrion is not the Valonqar, but Jaime, the "least likely" person, almost definitely IS)

Same thing with mystery shows and books.  If you're watching a mystery movie, you can cross off the most obvious suspect from your suspect list immediately, he's way too obvious.  Then, the story will likely start to build with clues to someone else, too.  Scratch that person off the list, too.  In fact, there's a good chance that the person you're looking for is the LEAST obvious and least likely person, which will be the "big surprise reveal" in the end.

For Dany, to me, that means...Daario Naharis, and I predict that's who she'll end up with (for a number of reasons).

19 hours ago, Travis said:

Wouldn't it be neat to see a reversal of Shae, Sansa and Tyrion with Tyrion, Dany and Jon?

I don't really see how one would be a reversal of the other except for the male-to-female ratio. Can you elaborate ?

Archived