Dany+Tyrion=Love?

Anton Martell

I sincerely hope not, because all the characters who loved Dany turned out not so well.

1) Drogo - dead

2) Jorah - dying from greyscale. He is looking for a cure but who knows where that is.

3) Daario - well he got off better than the other two but still Dany kicked him out and he's stuck in Meereen.

So, even if Tyrion and Dany came to love each other it would not end well, I think.

17 hours ago, shameeka said:

I sincerely hope not, because all the characters who loved Dany turned out not so well.

1) Drogo - dead

2) Jorah - dying from greyscale. He is looking for a cure but who knows where that is.

3) Daario - well he got off better than the other two but still Dany kicked him out and he's stuck in Meereen.

So, even if Tyrion and Dany came to love each other it would not end well, I think.

That can be said to any relationship Daeny will be in. I mean even potential Jon and Dany relationship will end up tragically for them. It's like she has everything but yet love is somehow ends up like this.

On 8/27/2016 at 1:02 PM, shameeka said:

1) Drogo - dead

8 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

That can be said to any relationship Daeny will be in. I mean even potential Jon and Dany relationship will end up tragically for them. It's like she has everything but yet love is somehow ends up like this.

That can be said to anyone in the story ..

Take tyrion what happened to the two ladies he loved . 

Take Jon what happened to theGirl he loved ...

Sansa ,Robert ,cat ,rhaegar and lyanna ..I can go on 

• 2 weeks later...

No, it doesn't go well with the eggs / head of the dragons symbolism (the passage in AGOT).

Daenerys places the eggs in specific positions before stepping into the fire.

Tyrion represents the green egg Daenerys places beside Drogo's Head, Daenerys represents the black egg beside Drogo's Heart, Jon represents the cream egg Daenerys places between Drogo's legs.

10 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

Don't be so sure... 

Don't be so sure they are.

Show is lacking any solid evidence and besides as George said not all riders have to be Targaryens. The thing Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Varys all secret Targaryens theory just kills the importance of it and beauty. Especially when proving Jon's parentage will tough. How they're gonna do it? Bonding with a dragon is not a proof because as we know from history...non Targaryen riders were riding dragons and what George said.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Show is lacking any solid evidence and besides as George said not all riders have to be Targaryens. The thing Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Varys all secret Targaryens theory just kills the importance of it and beauty. Especially when proving Jon's parentage will tough. How they're gonna do it? Bonding with a dragon is not a proof because as we know from history...non Targaryen riders were riding dragons and what George said.

Who said I was so sure?  Just replying to the idea that they are definitely not related.  Might be A+J = Tyrion isn't true in the show, even if it is in the books.  I don't buy any of those others.  And anyway, don't worry - only Jon gets to be a "legitimate" Targaryen (assuming Lyanna and he got Married)

"as we know from history... non Targaryen riders were riding dragons"

As far as we know, these examples were likely to have had Valyrian blood ("dragonseeds").  In any case, the idea that only those with "dragon blood" can ride dragons is clearly widespread, and thus is likely to be used by some as proof (some wont' believe obviously, especially if it doesn't suit their ends). 

45 minutes ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

Who said I was so sure?  Just replying to the idea that they are definitely not related.  Might be A+J = Tyrion isn't true in the show, even if it is in the books.  I don't buy any of those others.  And anyway, don't worry - only Jon gets to be a "legitimate" Targaryen (assuming Lyanna and he got Married)

"as we know from history... non Targaryen riders were riding dragons"

As far as we know, these examples were likely to have had Valyrian blood ("dragonseeds").  In any case, the idea that only those with "dragon blood" can ride dragons is clearly widespread, and thus is likely to be used by some as proof (some wont' believe obviously, especially if it doesn't suit their ends). 

I always rated Tyrion Targaryen more than others and especially for books. We have little clues there. Just to be clear, I don't always was against this theory or three headed dragon. In fact there is chance at least for this. But show kinda do things their way. Making Dany fireproof and controlling or at least following her commands three dragons. Has anyone ever done that?

Dany is clearly not fireproof in the book abut show making her special this way for some reason.

If they want to make Tyrion Taragyren on the show. It needs to build it up like they did R+L=J and even tho father is still not 100% confirmed on the screen but we know who that is. They need to do some serious proof and scene pointing at it... because otherwise it would feel like cop out and deus ex machina.

Basically show telegraphed Shireen's death, R+L=J, Ramsay's demise or Jon and Dany marriage. Show is very clear at this and it's predictable. Still wondering wehat was "you'll fly" from 3ER to Bran. Was it like flying a dragon or flying in time? Because if he's going to fly then dragon might be good opportunity.

6 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

What George said was third head doesn't need to be targaryen..he was answering a question that assumes three heads means three riders ..So that answer is of no help..

Me personally I don't believe in Tyrion is a secret targ ..its just one too many for my taste and it doesnt really bring anything to thid story other than wanting to have tyrion ride a dragon..

Non taragryens were riding dragons yes but all of them have had valyrian blood in them..just like how one must have first men blood to warg ..

in order to ride a dragon you need to have the right drop of the blood and it must be activated ...Elio confirmed this .

If making dany fireproof and control three dragons that she hatched is making her too powerful ..

Then I don't know what about bran he is the only warg in the family and he is the only one who can warg humans and alter past and time travel and control wolves and Crows   ..And do we need to have dragons to be added to that list...the dragons he or his family doesn't have any relations with.

• 9 months later...
55 minutes ago, Sanrast said:

No way. It  would be way too unrealistic if suddenly Daenerys felt in love with.. Tyrion. 

It sure as hell can't be book canon, Daenerys is very clearly established as somebody who cares about physical appearance - we see it with Jorah, we it with Quentyn. If she won't marry a plain looking man for the allegiance of a Great House, an army, and a foothold in Westeros, then she won't fall in love with a character described as especially hideous. 

1 hour ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

It sure as hell can't be book canon, Daenerys is very clearly established as somebody who cares about physical appearance - we see it with Jorah, we it with Quentyn. If she won't marry a plain looking man for the allegiance of a Great House, an army, and a foothold in Westeros, then she won't fall in love with a character described as especially hideous. 

Yes, yes, yes. Dany may come to be as attached to Tyrion one day as she is to Jorah, but if Jorah or even the more age-appropriate Quentyn had no shot with her romantically, Tyrion certainly never will (especially Book Tyrion, who is hideous and maimed unlike TV Tyrion).

I can totally buy that Tyrion would fall in love with Daenerys in the show. In the show, as we've seen, she's not only gorgeous, she also gets along with him and she gives him the respect he craves so desperately. What's not to love (from his perspective)? From Dany's perspective, though? Yeah, romantic love or sexual attraction is not happening.

On 7/28/2016 at 8:31 PM, Anton Martell said:

I am sorry if this topic has been approached in some way, I tried to search for such a topic but I have not found it yet. If it exists, my sincere apologies.

I would like to discuss the Tyrion/Dany scene in episode 11. Just after Dany tells Daario she wants him to stay in Meeren she comes back to Tyrion when we realize that as Daario suspected, it was Tyrion's idea. Then he says this (the quote might be slightly inexact):

The look on Peter Dinklage face at that time seemed sad, as if he loved her himself but knew it could not happen. I got a strange vibe where he was really in love and that maybe Daario's dismissal was both for political and personal reasons. It looked a bit like how Jorah would look at Daenerys sometimes.

If this is true, the implication for season 7 might be important, to see how Tyrion juggles with his feelings and duty.

Am I the only one who felt that? What do you guys think?

Hey, I just watched that scene yesterday!! (Just re-watched all of Season 6 to warm up for the new season)

Tyrion may yearn for Dany, but no way will they end up together.

My prediction is that Dany will end up with...Daario.

This is a classic "true love was right there in front of her all along" story.  They are a PERFECT match, as we've seen many times before, except he has no significant lands or money.

Yes, yes, I know, she claimed to Tyrion that she felt nothing when she parted ways with Daario, but I believe this is just misdirection in the plot.  I believe Daario will chase after her into Westeros, and she will realize that "true love was right there in front of her all along," and that after having already married twice (at least in the books) NOT for love, her third marriage will be for love (Daario)

Archived