Dany+Tyrion=Love?

Anton Martell

4 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

YES PLEASE!

After all there was a theory like that about the books too.

Dany will not return his feelings so ... this is like Jorah. She's way out of his league. If Emilia's interview is anything to by, she herself Tyrion, Daario or Jorah are no match for her.

Is she?  :rofl:

Because she's ugly, right? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Cron said:

Tyrion may yearn for Dany, but no way will they end up together.

Pretty much this.

My prediction is that Dany will end up with...Daario.

This is a classic "true love was right there in front of her all along" story.  They are a PERFECT match, as we've seen many times before, except he has no significant lands or money.

She kicked his ass and left him, because she had no romantic feelings for him. Clear as day and D&D made it clear to say this is the first I am dumping you kind of situation on Game Of Thrones. They made a point for her to dump him. In the books she has more feelings for him, but I think he'll die rather than be dumped by her.

Emilia's quotes on them from her TIME interview: 

Even Daario is more about fulfilling a need than any kind of intellectual match.

Exactly. And you meet Tyrion, Jorah keeps coming back, but they are not her match. And the dragons are. The dragons are hers. With that essence in mind, it’s so much more a metaphorical idea that there’s that hole in your heart that needs to be filled and they do it.

Basically to her Daario is no intellectual, political or personality wise match for her. So your statement about being perfect for each other is way off.

There is also this: 

Actors are famous for—

—copulating with each other. So I’m not saying with the dragon, but there is this — half of that reason is that as an actor, you’re convincing yourself you’re in love with that person. And there’s a little bit of you, maybe, that is, or whatever it is, if you’re single and attracted to each other! But there’s something about this maternal connection I had with the dragons from day [one]. I really got into Daenerys’s head, and the dragons are on so many levels the only children she’ll ever know. She has a huge amount of love to give, and all her family’s gone. She’s alone. There is no one character that has ever connected with her in a way that has left her feeling secure.

We know who is her remaining family, who can connect with her and who can let her feel secure.

Yes, yes, I know, she claimed to Tyrion that she felt nothing when she parted ways with Daario, but I believe this is just misdirection in the plot.  I believe Daario will chase after her into Westeros, and she will realize that "true love was right there in front of her all along," and that after having already married twice (at least in the books) NOT for love, her third marriage will be for love (Daario)

No misdirection.

Spoiler

Daario is not in the next season, he might come back via Golden Company but not for this purpose to be with Dany. He might even cause her troubles but not as a lover.

Third marriage is for love but this is connected to a blue flower, Ghost maybe is the third mount. Long story short, it's Jon. He is her family, someone who can protect her, who can fill that hole she has in her heart, is a decent person, both can understand each other better than anyone. Both have this burden of leadership on their shoulders as young leaders, both lost lovers early on dying in their arms, both lost a lot and rise to the occasions. Their journey parallel each other a lot. Their stories were always heading towards their love.

I think in the show it is possible because while he is still a dwarf and has a scar it isn't like it is in the books where he is hideous. I think they will be close but not lovers. That said I wouldn't be against it happening in the show. In the books I would be against it but not in the show.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Point me where exactly I said that she is ugly.
If you don’t know it people are not separated to gorgeous looking people and ugly people. Some are unremarkable ordinary looking every day people. She is one of them, neither gorgeous nor ugly.

Dany will not return his feelings so ... this is like Jorah. She's way out of his league. If Emilia's interview is anything to by, she herself Tyrion, Daario or Jorah are no match for her.

You seem to be awfully sure about what will happen. Are you a writer of the TV series? If  that is what you believe it's cool, but it is a book theory and has nothing to do with the TV series.

3 hours ago, Cron said:

Hey, I just watched that scene yesterday!! (Just re-watched all of Season 6 to warm up for the new season)

Tyrion may yearn for Dany, but no way will they end up together.

My prediction is that Dany will end up with...Daario.

This is a classic "true love was right there in front of her all along" story.  They are a PERFECT match, as we've seen many times before, except he has no significant lands or money.

Yes, yes, I know, she claimed to Tyrion that she felt nothing when she parted ways with Daario, but I believe this is just misdirection in the plot.  I believe Daario will chase after her into Westeros, and she will realize that "true love was right there in front of her all along," and that after having already married twice (at least in the books) NOT for love, her third marriage will be for love (Daario)

I personally believe, but as always, I could be wrong lol that D&D (being in the know re final outcome) just needed to get rid of this character (Daario) because she needs to make another allegiance (Jon *me thinks").Politically makes sense though, even when Daario argues that a monarch can keep whomsoever they wish for a lover.  Whilst this is true (probably still today) they would still need to be married to someone else politically (in most situations).  Yes, not just answering your post @Cron, but generally on this topic, yes, Danny has been attracted to attractive men only so far (although that is subjective since show Jorah and show Tyrion - despite being a dwarf- are not that bad...) but hey, one is much older, the other a dwarf, so have to agree not her "typical" crushes.  Drogo was not a crush because, for all the customs of his people, he treated her well (in the context of the customs of his people... 31st century folks probably would not agree ;) ) and something very deep grew between them.  I think Sansa is the one who will change her mind on that, possibly Danny too (but she may not need to) in terms of how different the importance in the looks of your partner is when you are a teen or when you are older, but that is probably the subject of another topic lol.  Now, from the scene we are talking about, my personal feeling was that Dany wasn't 100% sincere when she said she felt very little... I think she is trying to prove to herself, and certainly to Tyrion, that she is capable of being Queen in more than name and to make sacrifices.  I am also sure they way Dinklage and Clarke played that was very directed, but hey well done to both! trying to create the illusion of "something between them."  I honestly, honestly thought they were going to kiss!

As for feelings, well, or lust even... hey Tyrion is not immune to a good looking woman, even less immune to one with power that she almost got from scratch after being destitute for so long... and one, who (to boot) cocks up at times but generally means well and is a reformist (plus she has dragons lol) but that is admiration.  Still, he is intelligent enough to know that she is out of his liege as it were (hate to use that phrase though) and it makes little sense, anyway, because I can see him with Sansa (who is also "out of his liege").  Now, on that one:  if Tyrion was capable of providing to Danny something essential in Westeros she did not already had, I would buy the "political marriage" (after all she married that Ghiskari guy) but as pointed out in this thread, both Tyrion and Jorah are hers are allies (no need to buy them).  Jon seems like the obvious choice.  In the books it will likely be Aegon first or some such and will probably hate it but each to their own lol

Now, why do I think D&D teased us with that scene?  Well, to keep us on our toes waiting for more developments? lol  No, I think, like with Yara (who was also mentioned in this thread) there is banter and that was fun TBH (IMHO)...It was just a few comments and facial expression, something they can pull out off very easily...I wonder whether they feared Dany/Jon before photographic spoilers and such leaking and that was a detour...

Overall, would Ty get a hard on looking at her, sometimes I am sure! (despite he is in the show over the breakdown but how much??? because what happened to him psychologically was just that lol) but neither, I don't think entertain further thoughts lol 

1 hour ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

Point me where exactly I said that she is ugly.
If you don’t know it people are not separated to gorgeous looking people and ugly people. Some are unremarkable ordinary looking every day people. She is one of them, neither gorgeous nor ugly.

Sorry, my sarcastic meter is off the chart when it comes you your comments. :dunno:

Woman called the most beautiful woman in the world is hardly ordinary, in the books or on the show. Wanna hate on her, find a better way.

You seem to be awfully sure about what will happen. Are you a writer of the TV series? If  that is what you believe it's cool, but it is a book theory and has nothing to do with the TV series.

TV series follows the books, what George told them. As much as people want to deny it.

As for the rest, we know the leaks, broad strokes of the season and who will fall for whom. Let's say you'll not be happy about it but Like I've said if it wasn't for he leaks, I would not be so sure. If you want to deny the leaks, well then you can I guess.

7 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Woman called the most beautiful woman in the world is hardly ordinary, in the books or on the show. Wanna hate on her, find a better way.

I was talking about the actress not Dany. But also for Dany the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, she is the most beautiful woman at the world for people around her and  is not from a omniscient PoV.I for example picture her similar to Nuala from Hellboy; https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/hellboy/images/d/d5/2680166847_78c46caccf.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080928215600

TV series follows the books, what George told them. As much as people want to deny it.

That is not true. GRRM himself has already told that they are two different canons.

As for the rest, we know the leaks, broad strokes of the season and who will fall for whom. Let's say you'll not be happy about it but Like I've said if it wasn't for he leaks, I would not be so sure. If you want to deny the leaks, well then you can I guess.

Can you stop making it personal? If you cannot just tell me.

1 minute ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

I was talking about the actress not Dany. But also for Dany the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, she is the most beautiful woman at the world for people around her and  is not from a omniscient PoV.I for example picture her similar to Nuala from Hellboy; https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/hellboy/images/d/d5/2680166847_78c46caccf.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080928215600

That is not true. GRRM has already told that they are two different cannons.

Correct me if I am wrong, but two different canons for how they get there yeah, but what transpires at the end (unless my information is very out of date and George has said some more) no

7 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but two different canons for how they get there yeah, but what transpires at the end (unless my information is very out of date and George has said some more) no

According to GRRM Only the books are canons http://grrm.livejournal.com/352453.html?thread=18585285#t18585285. Also maybe you would like to read this; http://winteriscoming.net/2015/05/06/george-r-r-martins-editor-is-unhappy-with-game-of-thrones-departures-from-the-books/ So he can advice D&D but he couldn't stop them from doing what they want.

10 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

Is Emilia ordinary? No, go and ask people or simply look at her pics. 

That is not true. GRRM himself has already told that they are two different canons.

It's an adaptation and btw some quotes would be nice (just to be sure he actually has said it). You know that they're actually in contact about everything, right? The ending where the characters end is totally the same, main relationships, events are also the same. This is going to your idea how Jon will end up with Val who is minor character, instead of main character like Dany or Arya.

All I said, if you don't believe in leaks, it's your free will but at this point they are legit. I've had a hard time believing them at first but here we are. If you're upset about it and all you can do is trying to differ from the point I've made, but then don't watch next season - because it might not be your favourite. 

Is Emilia ordinary? No, go and ask people or simply look at her pics. 

Of course she is. The fact that you find her gorgeous doesn’t mean that the rest feel the same. Beauty in in the eye of the beholder.

It's an adaptation and btw some quotes would be nice (just to be sure he actually has said it). You know that they're actually in contact about everything, right? The ending where the characters end is totally the same, main relationships, events are also the same. This is going to your idea how Jon will end up with Val who is minor character, instead of main character like Dany or Arya.

12 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

According to GRRM Only the books are canons http://grrm.livejournal.com/352453.html?thread=18585285#t18585285. Also maybe you would like to read this; http://winteriscoming.net/2015/05/06/george-r-r-martins-editor-is-unhappy-with-game-of-thrones-departures-from-the-books/ So he can advice D&D but he couldn't stop them from doing what they want.

All I said, if you don't believe in leaks, it's your free will but at this point they are legit. I've had a hard time believing them at first but here we are. If you're upset about it and all you can do is trying to differ from the point I've made, but then don't watch next season - because it might not be your favourite. 

If you haven't noticed it I have already said that T+D=daughter is a book theory and not a TV series theory.

16 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

Thanks for clarifying this and for the further information :)

23 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Pretty much this.

She kicked his ass and left him, because she had no romantic feelings for him. Clear as day and D&D made it clear to say this is the first I am dumping you kind of situation on Game Of Thrones. They made a point for her to dump him. In the books she has more feelings for him, but I think he'll die rather than be dumped by her.

Emilia's quotes on them from her TIME interview: 

Even Daario is more about fulfilling a need than any kind of intellectual match.

Exactly. And you meet Tyrion, Jorah keeps coming back, but they are not her match. And the dragons are. The dragons are hers. With that essence in mind, it’s so much more a metaphorical idea that there’s that hole in your heart that needs to be filled and they do it.

Basically to her Daario is no intellectual, political or personality wise match for her. So your statement about being perfect for each other is way off.

There is also this: 

Actors are famous for—

—copulating with each other. So I’m not saying with the dragon, but there is this — half of that reason is that as an actor, you’re convincing yourself you’re in love with that person. And there’s a little bit of you, maybe, that is, or whatever it is, if you’re single and attracted to each other! But there’s something about this maternal connection I had with the dragons from day [one]. I really got into Daenerys’s head, and the dragons are on so many levels the only children she’ll ever know. She has a huge amount of love to give, and all her family’s gone. She’s alone. There is no one character that has ever connected with her in a way that has left her feeling secure.

We know who is her remaining family, who can connect with her and who can let her feel secure.

No misdirection.

Reveal hidden contents

Daario is not in the next season, he might come back via Golden Company but not for this purpose to be with Dany. He might even cause her troubles but not as a lover.

Third marriage is for love but this is connected to a blue flower, Ghost maybe is the third mount. Long story short, it's Jon. He is her family, someone who can protect her, who can fill that hole she has in her heart, is a decent person, both can understand each other better than anyone. Both have this burden of leadership on their shoulders as young leaders, both lost lovers early on dying in their arms, both lost a lot and rise to the occasions. Their journey parallel each other a lot. Their stories were always heading towards their love.

Good stuff. I enjoyed reading it all, but I still disagree with a lot of it.

I respect Emilia Clarke, but I don't value her opinion more than my own.   In fact, I value your opinion more than hers, as I highly doubt she's as knowledgeable about GoT/ASOIAF as you, me, or dozens of other people on these boards.

I don't believe Dany will never have more children.  I don't believe the dragons are the only "children"she will ever have.  Look at the prophecy.  Prophecies are tricky in fiction, they almost NEVER mean what they superficially SEEM to mean (in this case, they seem to mean Dany will never have more children, and thus I believe the opposite is very likely true, and she WILL have more children)

And I don't believe she will end up with Jon Snow, cuz he's her nephew.  This is not ME making moral judgments about such things, this is me saying I don't believe the show (or books) will go there and leave it at that.

So...who is left?  Not much.   Many of the other main characters and possibilities have been crossed off.  And the stuff with Daario would NOT be the first time we have been given gross misdirection.  Let's say I'm right, and it's Daario.  Are they going to TELL us that, and spoil it?? Uh, no.   And I like my theory, which is "the right person was right there all along, right in front of her."  It's SO common in "fictional" romance.

Finally...you seem to think Daario is not an intellectual match for her.  Uhhh..I strongly disagree.  Dany has screwed up numerous times, in books and show, and MORE THAN ONCE she went against Daario's advice, and we later found out Daario was RIGHT and Dany was WRONG to ignore his advice.  Frankly, I'm not sure what you base your opinion on here, which I understand to be an opinion that Daario is not an intellectual match for Dany.   Yeah, he is, and we've been shown that, in fact, she was foolish to ignore him more than once.

21 hours ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I personally believe, but as always, I could be wrong lol that D&D (being in the know re final outcome) just needed to get rid of this character (Daario) because she needs to make another allegiance (Jon *me thinks").Politically makes sense though, even when Daario argues that a monarch can keep whomsoever they wish for a lover.  Whilst this is true (probably still today) they would still need to be married to someone else politically (in most situations).  Yes, not just answering your post @Cron, but generally on this topic, yes, Danny has been attracted to attractive men only so far (although that is subjective since show Jorah and show Tyrion - despite being a dwarf- are not that bad...) but hey, one is much older, the other a dwarf, so have to agree not her "typical" crushes.  Drogo was not a crush because, for all the customs of his people, he treated her well (in the context of the customs of his people... 31st century folks probably would not agree ;) ) and something very deep grew between them.  I think Sansa is the one who will change her mind on that, possibly Danny too (but she may not need to) in terms of how different the importance in the looks of your partner is when you are a teen or when you are older, but that is probably the subject of another topic lol.  Now, from the scene we are talking about, my personal feeling was that Dany wasn't 100% sincere when she said she felt very little... I think she is trying to prove to herself, and certainly to Tyrion, that she is capable of being Queen in more than name and to make sacrifices.  I am also sure they way Dinklage and Clarke played that was very directed, but hey well done to both! trying to create the illusion of "something between them."  I honestly, honestly thought they were going to kiss!

Great stuff, lots of food for thought in your post, I read it all with interest!!

I think that both in GoT and the "real world" sexual attractiveness is FAR more important to most men than most women, which is not really surprising, since studies show that that is how we are basically "hard wired."

And I strongly agree with what you say about Dany saying what she said about Daario as an effort to prove to herself and/or Tyrion that it was true.  In my view, Dany and Daario are a PERFECT match in all ways but one (in Dany's mind):  Daario does not have the wealth and lands to satisfy her ambitions.  I continue to predict that one day she will see past that, and accept Daario as her true love (at least, that's the way I would write it)

As for feelings, well, or lust even... hey Tyrion is not immune to a good looking woman, even less immune to one with power that she almost got from scratch after being destitute for so long... and one, who (to boot) cocks up at times but generally means well and is a reformist (plus she has dragons lol) but that is admiration.  Still, he is intelligent enough to know that she is out of his liege as it were (hate to use that phrase though) and it makes little sense, anyway, because I can see him with Sansa (who is also "out of his liege").  Now, on that one:  if Tyrion was capable of providing to Danny something essential in Westeros she did not already had, I would buy the "political marriage" (after all she married that Ghiskari guy) but as pointed out in this thread, both Tyrion and Jorah are hers are allies (no need to buy them).  Jon seems like the obvious choice.  In the books it will likely be Aegon first or some such and will probably hate it but each to their own lol

I think lust is the perfect word to describe Tyrion's attraction to Dany, which is not surprising, since he's a man.  I'm not saying men are incapable of "true love," but face it, "lust" is a huge part of that.  What did he "love" about Shae??  Uh, the fact that she was hot and loved to have sex.  No way do I believe Tyrion would be attracted to Dany if she was not smoking hot.  He doesn't know she loves to have sex, but I think he ssuspects it, and of course we know he is right.  But in any event, it doesn't matter, she IS out of his league.

Now, why do I think D&D teased us with that scene?  Well, to keep us on our toes waiting for more developments? lol  No, I think, like with Yara (who was also mentioned in this thread) there is banter and that was fun TBH (IMHO)...It was just a few comments and facial expression, something they can pull out off very easily...I wonder whether they feared Dany/Jon before photographic spoilers and such leaking and that was a detour...

I agree.  I think it was misdirection and something they can easily pull out of, too.

Overall, would Ty get a hard on looking at her, sometimes I am sure! (despite he is in the show over the breakdown but how much??? because what happened to him psychologically was just that lol) but neither, I don't think entertain further thoughts lol 

Would Tyrion "get a hard on" looking at Dany??? HARR!!! Of course he would, any heterosexual man would, I think, which Tyrion definitely is!!  Again, look at his relationship with Shae.  She was hot and loved to have sex, so Tyrion 'loved" her.  Again, I'm NOT saying a relationship can never go any deeper for a man, but what else did he "love" about Shae??? The fact that she was "exotic" and "mysterious"?? Uh, I guess, okay.  But she could have been exotic and mysterious all day and all night, every day and every night, and there's no way Tyrion was going to fall in "love" with her unless she was also hot and loved sex.,

I know this is the GOT subforum and "the books and the show are different", I'm still waiting for Tyrion to backstab Dany. Not just because Quaithe warned her not to trust Tyrion in ADWD but because the show needs constant drama. As for Dany's love interest, it will ultimately be Jon. I feel like Jon's role is to give Dany a Targ baby. I'm not buying the whole "Jon will be a king" -thing. His resurrection gives me a strong "raised from the dead to fulfill a certain purpose before returning back to dead" -vibes.

4 hours ago, Cron said:

Great stuff, lots of food for thought in your post, I read it all with interest!!

I think that both in GoT and the "real world" sexual attractiveness is FAR more important to most men than most women, which is not really surprising, since studies show that that is how we are basically "hard wired."

And I strongly agree with what you say about Dany saying what she said about Daario as an effort to prove to herself and/or Tyrion that it was true.  In my view, Dany and Daario are a PERFECT match in all ways but one (in Dany's mind):  Daario does not have the wealth and lands to satisfy her ambitions.  I continue to predict that one day she will see past that, and accept Daario as her true love (at least, that's the way I would write it)

I think lust is the perfect word to describe Tyrion's attraction to Dany, which is not surprising, since he's a man.  I'm not saying men are incapable of "true love," but face it, "lust" is a huge part of that.  What did he "love" about Shae??  Uh, the fact that she was hot and loved to have sex.  No way do I believe Tyrion would be attracted to Dany if she was not smoking hot.  He doesn't know she loves to have sex, but I think he ssuspects it, and of course we know he is right.  But in any event, it doesn't matter, she IS out of his league.

I agree.  I think it was misdirection and something they can easily pull out of, too.

Would Tyrion "get a hard on" looking at Dany??? HARR!!! Of course he would, any heterosexual man would, I think, which Tyrion definitely is!!  Again, look at his relationship with Shae.  She was hot and loved to have sex, so Tyrion 'loved" her.  Again, I'm NOT saying a relationship can never go any deeper for a man, but what else did he "love" about Shae??? The fact that she was "exotic" and "mysterious"?? Uh, I guess, okay.  But she could have been exotic and mysterious all day and all night, every day and every night, and there's no way Tyrion was going to fall in "love" with her unless she was also hot and loved sex.,

First of all, thanks so much for the compliment at the beginning of your reply (re:  good stuff and food for thought) :) Since the post is long and only part of it got repeated, I will reply to you chronologically (as it were).  

I am not entirely, if at all, familiar with the studies you mention re what men - v- women are attracted to, however, I would grant you that men are considered to be more "visual", hence even soft porn magazines for women have never been a huge success (whereas soft porn novels are).  Of course, every individual is different but I think it is fair to include some level of generalisation. Isolating this as much as I can from notions of fairness in terms of gender equality, I would say it could make sense in that women are "pre-programmed" to be the nest builders so they may chose ability to financially provide, intelligence to do so etc over just good genes, but physical strength (especially in a world like GOT) has to be important too, although of course someone perceived as a healthy individual with "good genes" is to a point essential when thinking of possible offspring.  Yes, in the series we get Tyrion and Sam say.  Gilly I believe truly loves Sam even if he is overweight (although the actor IMHO) is attractive despite this...however he provides safety for her and her kid, so the "kind" personality can go a long way.  Now, if your assertion is correct, this would imply that men are subconsciously more interested in genetic make-up (as pre-programming goes).

Of course this is all subconscious and probably out of topic and lengthy here lol  But you brought up the subject and is one I am personally very interested in lol.  

Now, I believe there is another variable here that is hard to describe:  what is commonly known as "chemistry."  Even when people very widely considered very attractive get together, it happens or it does not.  I guess body language and personality plays a part here, like hell, you're flirting with your boss, say! shouldn't do it but seems natural yeah, that sort of thing, banter alone...I guess it's great if you can get that as an actor with a fellow actor (and Dany and Tyrion delivered) as did Dany and Yara...  I am not saying these people fancy each other in real life lol but they had enough of it to pull it off on screen.  Now, I am not saying I am a total believer on "love at first sight" aka "chemistry" because deeds and getting to know each other can help with that too but the subject is way too complex!

Now, as for Tyrion and Shae, granted!  The initial attraction on his part was on beauty and mystery and what not but clearly Tyrion has the financial capability to hire the best and more attractive whores anywhere.  In the books they even tease him about it (I know we are not supposed to cross reference here lol). If it was physical attraction alone he would not had been faithful to her, because "other whores" would have been just as appealing...  There were plenty and even better looking gals in the brothels he could afford.  Okay, I agree with you that she got him on her looks and abilities in the bed chamber but Shae was hardly unique in either.  What she did skillfully was to make him believe "he" meant more to her than that.  Tyrion is a hedonist (loves to drink, loves to fuck etc) we all are to a point lol but being faithful just for looks???  Ty is grey and complex and above all wants to be loved and accepted despite his condition.  Okay, all prossies he pays would accept him but Shae, in both books and show, went beyond.

lol this got long, shall continue tomorrow but work tomorrow  and must go to bed lol

On 7/2/2017 at 11:05 PM, MakeThemBurn said:

I know this is the GOT subforum and "the books and the show are different", I'm still waiting for Tyrion to backstab Dany. Not just because Quaithe warned her not to trust Tyrion in ADWD but because the show needs constant drama. As for Dany's love interest, it will ultimately be Jon. I feel like Jon's role is to give Dany a Targ baby. I'm not buying the whole "Jon will be a king" -thing. His resurrection gives me a strong "raised from the dead to fulfill a certain purpose before returning back to dead" -vibes.

Doubt it, unless I am very misguided Tyrion and Danny are on the same side; seems simplistic, maybe he tries something if she tries to kill Jaime... but I think, at most, it will be a diplomatic event,,, the prophecies are never clear....

On for Danny/|Jon though,,,,

20 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

Who told you that I watch the TV series to begin with?

Then why are you even here? Why debating the show, when you don't even watch it so you can spit on it, telling us this or that is not canon or how the show is totally different (they are but not to extent you might think) from the books? :dunno: There is R&R thread on it.

11 hours ago, Cron said:

Good stuff. I enjoyed reading it all, but I still disagree with a lot of it.

I respect Emilia Clarke, but I don't value her opinion more than my own.   In fact, I value your opinion more than hers, as I highly doubt she's as knowledgeable about GoT/ASOIAF as you, me, or dozens of other people on these boards.

I value your opinion, but Emilia knows a lot more about the next season or where is her character heading than you and I. She has read the scripts, talks to directors, D&D much like for example Lena constantly emailing them about Cersei.

I value her opinion which seems to be honest and on point with producers. Daario missing from the next season and maybe the rest of the show is telling. He might came back but certainly he's not the third marriage for her with all the hints in the books or what we know from the next season.

I don't believe Dany will never have more children.  I don't believe the dragons are the only "children"she will ever have.  Look at the prophecy.  Prophecies are tricky in fiction, they almost NEVER mean what they superficially SEEM to mean (in this case, they seem to mean Dany will never have more children, and thus I believe the opposite is very likely true, and she WILL have more children)

About children. Emilia is talking in the present sentences because show has been pretty clearly with reminding us that she'll never have any other children than dragons. She will, actually

Spoiler

Dany will mention this again to Jon in their conversation.

This is a very interesting choice of scene to do. At this point, I am thinking not just anybody can get her pregnant and it needs a magic, someone touched by a magic, or perhaps the same bloodline. We know Daario is neither of those.

And I don't believe she will end up with Jon Snow, cuz he's her nephew.  This is not ME making moral judgments about such things, this is me saying I don't believe the show (or books) will go there and leave it at that.

So...who is left?  Not much.   Many of the other main characters and possibilities have been crossed off.  And the stuff with Daario would NOT be the first time we have been given gross misdirection.  Let's say I'm right, and it's Daario.  Are they going to TELL us that, and spoil it?? Uh, no.   And I like my theory, which is "the right person was right there all along, right in front of her."  It's SO common in "fictional" romance.

Because the books and the show are not full of incest, familial relationships, her whole family is build on this. Starks did it, Lannisters did it not to that extent but they did intermarry,

You're putting way too much stock on this because it ended in Meereen for her, might not for Daario. She gets close to someone on many levels next season.

Finally...you seem to think Daario is not an intellectual match for her.  Uhhh..I strongly disagree.  Dany has screwed up numerous times, in books and show, and MORE THAN ONCE she went against Daario's advice, and we later found out Daario was RIGHT and Dany was WRONG to ignore his advice.  Frankly, I'm not sure what you base your opinion on here, which I understand to be an opinion that Daario is not an intellectual match for Dany.   Yeah, he is, and we've been shown that, in fact, she was foolish to ignore him more than once.

His advices weren't really that smart, would make her cruel and exactly what fans, herself would regret later on. Thankfully Tyrion saw to that. Slaughtering and politics are not always the same.

Is Daario a better and intellectual match for than let's say Jon? I don't think so. Daario can't understand her burden, what she's been through in her life, what she lost. He likes the idea of Mother of Dragons, the Conqueror, someone powerful he can ride beside. Not who Dany really is.

As she said she could never have a faith in a man like Daario. I don't know what else they should to convince you that this relationship was simple a step for her character development. On the other hand Jon been through similar expriencs, he is her closest family (someone as the books she should trust), someone who had lost a lot in his life, someone who is a decent human being and shares similar view on the world.

12 hours ago, Cron said:

Could you please refrain from making gender biased claims that date back to the Victorian era.

Archived