Dany+Tyrion=Love?

Anton Martell

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

1. I agree there has to be some narrative point to it, but assuming that Tyrion in love with Dany must mean that Tyrion's going to fuck over Jon and Dany out of revenge that Dany didn't choose him is completely at odds with what we've seen of Tyrion so far.

2. And neither Jorah nor Daario getting spurned by Dany led them to move against her or try to hurt her, so there's no reason to believe that that would motivate Tyrion.

3. All indications in the books are that Tyrion will turn it around. The show just cut out the dabbling with villainy part from Tyrion's Meereen arc and cut straight to Tyrion being functional again.

1. What else then? If the third bertrayl is for love or close to it. I can't see Tyrion bertraying her for Jaime or Cersei. Only other thing is Dany, who he likes, respect and might even love. Since there is a man standing between them. Might be bertrayl unwillingly or something Tyrion might in good will advise Jon, but turned out to be a disaster. Might not be willingly misleading him.

2. This is merely a supporting evidence to Tyrion choosing the wrong woman like these two did.

3. Might be but if Tyrion is another dude in love with her, worshipping her from afar. Then really rather scratch this idea and move along.

36 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

1. What else then? If the third bertrayl is for love or close to it. I can't see Tyrion bertraying her for Jaime or Cersei. Only other thing is Dany, who he likes, respect and might even love. Since there is a man standing between them. Might be bertrayl unwillingly or something Tyrion might in good will advise Jon, but turned out to be a disaster. Might not be willingly misleading him.

2. This is merely a supporting evidence to Tyrion choosing the wrong woman like these two did.

3. Might be but if Tyrion is another dude in love with her, worshipping her from afar. Then really rather scratch this idea and move along.

3. On that we agree. Having another dude pining hopelessly for Dany adds nothing to the show. I quite like what the show has done with Dany/Jorah, and doing the same thing with Dany/Tyrion would result in a pale imitation. For all the jokes about Lord Friendzone, Dany and Jorah have a rich, deep, moving relationship that's been a key part of the show since Season 1; the scene where Dany commands Jorah to find a cure was one of the best in Season 6, in my opinion. We don't need another iteration of that type of relationship, though, and I don't think Peter Dinklage could bring anything to it that Iain Glen hasn't already. I also doubt that Dany would ever come to love Tyrion in the way that she (platonically) loves Jorah; she may like him and respect him, but that will be about the end of it.

I do think that there have been hints that Tyrion may fall in love with Dany, like the "wrong woman" bit you mentioned that I had completely forgotten about. I'm not sure what the show could do with that that wouldn't be wildly out of character for TV Tyrion or that wouldn't be an anemic rehash of Jorah's unrequited love for Dany.

35 minutes ago, Newstar said:

3. On that we agree. Having another dude pining hopelessly for Dany adds nothing to the show. I quite like what the show has done with Dany/Jorah, and doing the same thing with Dany/Tyrion would result in a pale imitation. For all the jokes about Lord Friendzone, Dany and Jorah have a rich, deep, moving relationship that's been a key part of the show since Season 1; the scene where Dany commands Jorah to find a cure was one of the best in Season 6, in my opinion. We don't need another iteration of that type of relationship, though, and I don't think Peter Dinklage could bring anything to it that Iain Glen hasn't already. I also doubt that Dany would ever come to love Tyrion in the way that she (platonically) loves Jorah; she may like him and respect him, but that will be about the end of it.

I do think that there have been hints that Tyrion may fall in love with Dany, like the "wrong woman" bit you mentioned that I had completely forgotten about. I'm not sure what the show could do with that that wouldn't be wildly out of character for TV Tyrion or that wouldn't be an anemic rehash of Jorah's unrequited love for Dany.

Dany and Jorah relationshp has been improved for the better. From creepy, needy, selfish Jorah to understanding, grown up, loyal Jorah. Iain Glen also add to it and they legitimately have a bond and I understand why some people want to see them together. Reharsh of it would not help either Jorah or Tyrion, it would be only hurt their characters. Each dynamic is different - Jorah is more close to a family, a really close friend. Tyrion is a friend, advisor but obviously not as close as Jorah since she knows him for a shorter period of time.

Any bertrayal would be out of TV Tyrion character but then it might add drama besides all the fighting and that stuff. I thought Tyrion might bertray her for Jaime, the only family member who was decent to him in a way, bar Tysha incident. Other than that only love for a woman can do it. 

Unless Tyrion somehow magically reveals himself to be Aerys son, Jon dies or Jon and Dany dies. Meaning Dany and Tyrion ruling together or him on his own. Then really only way to bertray and serve the narrative is out of love.

You know my opinion on the original outline but let¨s go by the logic it has some relevanc to this. It had a love triangle of Jon,Tyrion and Arya. Tyrion burning down Winterfell, Ramsay took this part but what if this pushes Tyrion somewhere we might not thought he'd go?

6 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Dany and Jorah relationshp has been improved for the better. From creepy, needy, selfish Jorah to understanding, grown up, loyal Jorah. Iain Glen also add to it and they legitimately have a bond and I understand why some people want to see them together. Reharsh of it would not help either Jorah or Tyrion, it would be only hurt their characters. Each dynamic is different - Jorah is more close to a family, a really close friend. Tyrion is a friend, advisor but obviously not as close as Jorah since she knows him for a shorter period of time.

I agree. Tyrion also hasn't had the greatest relationship with his family, so maybe being "family" to Dany isn't the kind of relationship he wants, anyway. 

You know, Book Tyrion forming a platonic friendship with a beautiful woman and being okay with friendship instead of simmering with bitterness and resentment about how she'll never want him would represent some good growth and development for the character, but TV Tyrion never seems to have had that particular problem.

Unless Tyrion somehow magically reveals himself to be Aerys son, Jon dies or Jon and Dany dies. Meaning Dany and Tyrion ruling together or him on his own. Then really only way to bertray and serve the narrative is out of love.

I guess...but Tyrion would have to betray Dany to someone, and if the Starks, Jaime, Dany, and Tyrion all wind up on the same side fighting the WWs as it's speculated they will, who's left?

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

I agree. Tyrion also hasn't had the greatest relationship with his family, so maybe being "family" to Dany isn't the kind of relationship he wants, anyway. 

You know, Book Tyrion forming a platonic friendship with a beautiful woman and being okay with friendship instead of simmering with bitterness and resentment about how she'll never want him would represent some good growth and development for the character, but TV Tyrion never seems to have had that particular problem.

If he has this crush on her in the books, it might also be in the books and not for the good. Maybe not willingly hurting anyone but still in the end hurtig somebody.

Book Tyrion is much darker character, if anyone has been whitewashed to a large extent, it's Tyrion. But people overlook it because you know Peter Dinklage is an awesome human being. When I told my sister and other friends who never ead the books what he really did, they were like WHAT? Tyrion? Nope, he's a good guy.

I guess...but Tyrion would have to betray Dany to someone, and if the Starks, Jaime, Dany, and Tyrion all wind up on the same side fighting the WWs as it's speculated they will, who's left?

I can only see Tyrion bertraying Dany for family or love. Cersei hardly, Jaime is with him so narrative purpoe is not much of htere. That remains love for someone and that someone could be Dany. I was thinking along the lines of Tyrion unwillingly bertraying her or what would Dany consider a bertrayal. Look at Jorah. He meant to sype on her but turned around to regret it, he tried to do a good thing saving her and helping her along the way. Dany still felt bertrayed by him. It could be like with Tyrion but then again rehash of it.

4 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If he has this crush on her in the books, it might also be in the books and not for the good. Maybe not willingly hurting anyone but still in the end hurtig somebody.Book Tyrion is much darker character, if anyone has been whitewashed to a large extent, it's Tyrion.

Many characters have been made much more sympathetic for the show: Jorah, Tyrion, Cersei, the Hound, Varys, even Jon (no baby switch, for example). D&D apparently even told Rory McCann that they wanted to "tone Sandor down" for the show. Nothing special about TV Tyrion on that score. Book Tyrion, while being less of a nice guy than TV Tyrion for the first few books, is only a much darker character as of ADWD. By the time Book Dany gets to Westeros, Book Tyrion will have snapped out of it. D&D decided to tone down Tyrion's downward spiral and instead of making him actively angry and hateful, made him mopey and depressive, and made him snap out of his funk fairly quickly. I imagine GRRM will get to the same result, eventually, but will take his sweet time doing it.

8 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Many characters have been made much more sympathetic for the show: Jorah, Tyrion, Cersei, the Hound, Varys, even Jon (no baby switch, for example). D&D apparently even told Rory McCann that they wanted to "tone Sandor down" for the show. Nothing special about TV Tyrion on that score. Book Tyrion, while being less of a nice guy than TV Tyrion for the first few books, is only a much darker character as of ADWD. By the time Book Dany gets to Westeros, Book Tyrion will have snapped out of it. D&D decided to tone down Tyrion's downward spiral and instead of making him actively angry and hateful, made him mopey and depressive, and made him snap out of his funk fairly quickly. I imagine GRRM will get to the same result, eventually, but will take his sweet time doing it.

You can add Euron but well he still has a time to make up for it, but that dude is one vicious bastard in the books. Jon is as he is in the books, post resurrection era will be different. Other than that, yeah they made some more symphathetic but also other more evil Ser Meryn Trant a pedophile, Ramsay and we might find more. In general shows tends to town it down.

Tyrion still has that dark side of his, if gets to fall in love again. With a woman who does not see him in this light, he might snap right back to it. This is all speculation, so treat it as such. Only family or love for another woman can make him do unwillingly or willingly a stupid mistakes.

Well apparently Peter Dinklage said this to TV Guide magazine about the upcoming season

"We'll deal with how much Daenerys can trust him [to stay on her side against the Lannisters]. But he's smitten with his employer. How good can he be at his job while having these feelings?"

credit to u/BluePosey

I'll wait for scans of the magazine to confirm it for myself, but I thought this would be of interest for this thread.

Edit: Link to reddit thread

Edit 2: Link to actual cover story 

https://www.tvinsider.com/264815/game-of-thrones-hbo-season-seven-overview/

13 minutes ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

Well apparently Peter Dinklage said this to TV Guide magazine about the upcoming season

credit to u/BluePosey

I'll wait for scans of the magazine to confirm it for myself, but I thought this would be of interest for this thread.

Nice catch! That is interesting (if true). Confirms what a lot of us suspected, for sure. Now the question is where the show is going to go with that information.

9 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Nice catch! That is interesting (if true). Confirms what a lot of us suspected, for sure. Now the question is where the show is going to go with that information.

Yeah, I was hoping for more of a familial bond between the two but I can't say that it would be out of character for Tyrion to fall for her.

And yes, that is the ultimate question..

I'm wondering where they're going to go with this. We've already had one besotted adviser with an unrequited love for Dany, so why do it a second time? 

1 minute ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

Yeah, I was hoping for more of a familial bond between the two but I can't say that it would be out of character for Tyrion to fall for her.

Yeah, I have to agree with that. It is in character for Tyrion. 

4 minutes ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

2 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I'm wondering where they're going to go with this. We've already had one besotted adviser with an unrequited love for Dany, so why do it a second time? 

Yeah, I have to agree with that. It is in character for Tyrion. 

Looks like we're all wondering the same thing, LOL. I'm not eager to do a straightforward rehash of unrequited pining; the show's not going to top Dany/Jorah in that department.

Judging from the quote, maybe Tyrion's infatuation with Dany will get in the way of him giving her good advice in Season 7. Maybe he is too cautious and conservative because he doesn't want anything to happen to her, or maybe he's too possessive and jealous and that gets in the way of accepting others into Dany's inner circle who have valuable assets or expertise. That was something that Dany and Jorah's relationship hasn't really covered, at least in the show (I think the books got into that side of things), and it would be a bit more dramatically interesting than Dany/Jorah 2.0.

I'm not looking forward to what I imagine will be interminable scenes of Tyrion getting drunk and complaining about choosing the wrong woman, etc. etc. 

In the past I've seen wonderings if GRRM doesn't mean to exchange his originally planned triangle of Jon/Arya/Tyrion for Jon/Dany/Tyrion with Tyrion going east instead of north and the foreshadowing for Jon/Dany. Seems that it may have been right. That said, I can't imagine the strongly whitewashed show Tyrion having a deadly rivalry with anyone over anything. At this point it wouldn't surprise if he attempted to let bygones be bygones with Cersei, LOL.

58 minutes ago, lojzelote said:

In the past I've seen wonderings if GRRM doesn't mean to exchange his originally planned triangle of Jon/Arya/Tyrion for Jon/Dany/Tyrion with Tyrion going east instead of north and the foreshadowing for Jon/Dany. Seems that it may have been right. That said, I can't imagine the strongly whitewashed show Tyrion having a deadly rivalry with anyone over anything. At this point it wouldn't surprise if he attempted to let bygones be bygones with Cersei, LOL.

Could be. I think before the assumption was that Jon/Tyrion/Arya had become Jon/Ramsay/Farya since Ramsay took over Tyrion's role of burning Winterfell from the outline, but this makes more sense. However, I agree that TV Tyrion doesn't seem to the type to get into a deadly rivalry with anyone.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Could be. I think before the assumption was that Jon/Tyrion/Arya had become Jon/Ramsay/Farya since Ramsay took over Tyrion's role of burning Winterfell from the outline, but this makes more sense. However, I agree that TV Tyrion doesn't seem to the type to get into a deadly rivalry with anyone.

I agree. I wonder since Tyrion is a good guy on the show but we already have Jorah. it hs to be for something else and for a reason other than another who is worshipping her.

On 7/4/2017 at 2:20 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

You added something to my comments when you quoted me that I did not write. I suggest you remove them to be more accurate. Thank you for your cooperation.  lol, Robocop humor.

my apologies, it has been  a few days and need to go back and fix whatever needs fuxing

On 7/4/2017 at 2:14 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

It is called a joke. A joke that pertains to the two people involved in the suggested OP, not the people who want it.

Tyrion = Shrimp

Dany = Barbie

and no I am not Australian but the phrase is catchy, Shrimp on the .......

Okay,  mayhaps I was slow lol still ...

22 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

We were right about Tyrion being possibly in love with her but what it serves for? We have Jorah as unrequited love and crush on her, not acting upon it. This has to be a for a different reason.

I agree; Tyrion may have been near completely broken but he will bounce back and, for good or evil, the guy is ambitious.  He is my fav character but this being said he wants power for himself and those who are good to him ;)

Archived