Where is Howland Reed?

Grizzly A Mormont

I don't think Howland Reed will reappear in the show. They named him because it would have been weird to just have random Extra #4 save Ned's life in the fight and because it's a nod to the source material.

What I find rather suspicious are the two(?) servants/midwifes they chose to put into Lyanna's chamber as witnesses and how the camera even lingered onto one of them for a few seconds. To me, the showrunners set themselves up there to give anyone they want (Varys, LF, the Citadel, etc.) knowledge about R+L=J just via "the random servant didn't keep her mouth shut".

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I would be very very very very very surprised if Howland Reed appeared on the show. All the knowledge he holds is available to Bran via weirwood visions, there's also Benjen and Littlefinger to serve as proxy, they both have been theorized to have some level of knowledge about R+L. I really don't see why the show would need Howland for anything at all. 

R+L=J+M is, in my opinion, solely based on the fact that kit Harington and the Meera actress resemble each other. Was this theory even around before the show? Meera is way to obscure to be anybody's secret offspring. 

I saw it mentioned in a post above that Howland might appear because he was named in Bran's vision. Gerold Hightower was named (by Pycelle when Jaime argued that KG commanders attended the small council) following the very flashback he was cut from. So I wouldn't count on that mention weighing anything. 

I don't know if he will reappear. I think he could. The mention in Bran's vision of Howland was much more clear than any other for casual viewers.

On Invalid Date at 10:14 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't know if he will reappear. I think he could. The mention in Bran's vision of Howland was much more clear than any other for casual viewers.

I think he could definitely appear. If you believe the season 7 leaks

Meera leaves Bran at Winterfell and goes home.  She would obviously fill in her father, Howland, on the events leading up to that point and delivering news of her brother Jojen dying beyond the Wall.  I think that, coupled with the name drop of Howland at the ToJ by Bloodraven, indicate that we could see Howland this season, or next, if they decide to wait until season 8 for the characters to learn of R+L=J...

On 2017. 06. 13. at 4:14 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Hmm... I don't know... they had mentioned a lot of people and completely abandoned their existence. A prime example of that is Brandon Stark. 

56 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Hmm... I don't know... they had mentioned a lot of people and completely abandoned their existence. A prime example of that is Brandon Stark. 

You mean the old Brandon or the young one? (For some reason Bran came into my mind....)

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

You mean the old Brandon or the young one? (For some reason Bran came into my mind....)

Ned's brother Brandon who was mentioned on four different occasions throughout seasons 1 to 5 before he was cut from the Winterfell flashback scene. Maybe he was just using the lavatory off screen when Bran and the three eyed raven decided to check in? :dunno: 

That's my dad! That's my uncle Benjen! that's my aunt Lyanna! But where's my uncle Brandon, the one I share a name with? Is he in the bathroom? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Ned's brother Brandon who was mentioned on four different occasions throughout seasons 1 to 5 before he was cut from the Winterfell flashback scene. Maybe he was just using the lavatory off screen when Bran and the three eyed raven decided to check in? :dunno: 

That's my dad! That's my uncle Benjen! that's my aunt Lyanna! But where's my uncle Brandon, the one I share a name with? Is he in the bathroom? 

Hilarious!:lmao:

3 hours ago, Jaehaerys Stark said:

I think he could definitely appear. If you believe the season 7 leaks

Reveal hidden contents

Meera leaves Bran at Winterfell and goes home.  She would obviously fill in her father, Howland, on the events leading up to that point and delivering news of her brother Jojen dying beyond the Wall.  I think that, coupled with the name drop of Howland at the ToJ by Bloodraven, indicate that we could see Howland this season, or next, if they decide to wait until season 8 for the characters to learn of R+L=J...

Yes,

Spoiler

if that leak is true then she'll likely go to see her father, and I think she would return with him.

I think that the fact that Howland was mentioned (and he is  alive) and that the scene really focused on his identity makes it very likely that he could appear, in contrast to other characters, that have been mentioned but that are already dead or don't have a "child" that the audience knows in the show. Just a guess. I'd prefer him to appear. But I don't know how season 8 will be.

Archived