Who Will Survive The Series?

A_Man_Is_No_One

7 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

IMO, I'm a believer in the theory that anything related to the fantasy part of the story will die at the end, and Sansa and Brienne don't have the fantasy elements in the their stories

I disagree. Whilst I certainly think there will be less magic in Westeros after S8, maybe even none (and there is already way less magic than in middle earth or in Harry Potter), but I don't feel GRRM would use whether an individual character is magical or not as the deciding factor in whether they should survive the series or not.

The dragons will die (pretty much a given), as will the remaining children of the forest and white walkers. I'm not convinced all the wargs/green seers will die  (they will probably lose their powers though). I feel pretty confident that Arya and Bran will survive, certainly one of them anyway. 

Jon Snow, who is also a warg, will probably die through heroic sacrifice at the end, but there's also a realistic chance he will survive the series too.

9 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

The dragons will die (pretty much a given), as will the remaining children of the forest and white walkers. I'm not convinced all the wargs/green seers will die  (they will probably lose their powers though). I feel pretty confident that Arya and Bran will survive, certainly one of them anyway. 

the children of the forest are already all dead (race extinction), same thing for the giants, IMO (a personal opinion), the house of the undying vision I agree with the theory that it's the death's prophecy of deanerys (she will go beyond the wall, die and meet Drogo and her child in the afterlife), Bran is marked by the night's king (it's like a death sentence) and Jaqen H'ghar is still alive in the story for a reason, I think that he will never let Arya disband the FM peacefully

On 2. August 2016 at 0:51 PM, Future Null Infinity said:

.....the house of the undying vision I agree with the theory that it's the death's prophecy of deanerys (she will go beyond the wall, die and meet Drogo and her child in the afterlife), Bran is marked by the night's king (it's like a death sentence) and Jaqen H'ghar is still alive in the story for a reason, I think that he will never let Arya disband the FM peacefully

I am afraid you MIGHT be right about Daenerys.

But I think Jon is doomed: simply wake up from the dead, shake it off like a bad dream and go on with life emotionally and physically as if nothing had happened - Martin knows too much about philosophical and  mythological, including religious, approaches to the enormity of death to allow a character to stay the same after resurrection, Jon would be even more marked by death than Bran by the Night  King.

Would Martin kill both or even all three? Maybe, maybe not.

But I have a completely different interpretation of Arya's fate and Jaqen H'gar: there was admiration in his last look at Arya, like "I have always known that you are strong." No, he won't go after Arya, if anything he would support her. But my co-watchers and I, we all agreed that we may have seen the last of Tom Wlaschiha in GOT, that this incredible smile was his goodbye to the series, sorry to say so.

No I think Sandor might be back precisely for Arya, He might die saving her and Arya will survive, not without getting a last lesson from Sandor: Stop killing!

9 hours ago, Woman of War said:

But I have a completely different interpretation of Arya's fate and Jaqen H'gar: there was admiration in his last look at Arya, like "I have always known that you are strong." No, he won't go after Arya, if anything he would support her. But my co-watchers and I, we all agreed that we may have seen the last of Tom Wlaschiha in GOT, that this incredible smile was his goodbye to the series, sorry to say so.

No I think Sandor might be back precisely for Arya, He might die saving her and Arya will survive, not without getting a last lesson from Sandor: Stop killing!

You are completely right in this thought :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, Woman of War said:

I am afraid you MIGHT be right about Daenerys.

But I think Jon is doomed: simply wake up from the dead, shake it off like a bad dream and go on with life emotionally and physically as if nothing had happened - Martin knows too much about philosophical and  mythological, including religious, approaches to the enormity of death to allow a character to stay the same after resurrection, Jon would be even more marked by death than Bran by the Night  King.

Would Martin kill both or even all three? Maybe, maybe not.

There is another hint about the fate of Jon and Dany.

"A Targaryan alone in the world, is a terrible thing."

Who walks in afterwards? Jon. I think he will be the lone Targaryan. That combined with the HotU scene, suggests to me that Dany won't make it. The fact that Jon walks in suggests to me that he will. I only picked up on that the other day. I'd already worked out that Dany wasn't likely to make it because the scene shows what she will find beyond the wall is Drogo and Rhaego.

I'm beginning to be on board with the theory that Sam is the Archmaester and is the one writing this story. I'm not totally convinced, however, the scene in the library in the show made me wonder and I know it is a theory that is gathering momentum.

On 8/2/2016 at 6:51 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

the house of the undying vision I agree with the theory that it's the death's prophecy of deanerys (she will go beyond the wall, die and meet Drogo and her child in the afterlife)

Highly agreed about the HotU vision. All those scenes that Dany walked through is the future of what her fate comes when she arrive Westeros. 

Another thing i like to point out is the scene where Dany attempted to reach out the IT before hearing her dragons and walked away from it. I believe it will be foreshadowing the crucial scene in S7 where Dany learned about the WW and contemplate which decision she has to make. Choose the Iron Throne, where she always strive for it to restore the Targaryen legacy. Or choose to fight the WW, where she must save Westeros from the long winter. Dany will choose the latter and will possibly be the one to destroy the Iron Throne, the most iconic image of the show that represents power and politics that men fought for centuries.

I've seen a lot of posts here assuming that Robin Arryn is going to die.  Why?  I mean, I understand the theories around his death in the books, but the show has changed the plot so much that that's no longer relevant.  Indeed, I'd say the odds are decent we never see Robin again; he's off in the Vale, while the Vale's armies, the part that the writers clearly care about, are in the North.

In particular, it makes absolutely no sense in the show for Littlefinger to kill Robin.  He wants to do that in the books to replace him with Harry, but in the show there's no reason for that.  Indeed, as we saw in 604, Robin's stupidly doing whatever Baelish says is the only thing that allows him to control the Vale.

2 hours ago, NutBurz said:

Even death forgot him, is that it? ^^

Hey, Gendry has not relevance to the politics in KL nor the WW war. He's better off somewhere in the Free Cities where he worked as a blacksmith peacefully. I mean, look what happened to half the cast who went off Gendry's Abandoned Plotline Boat. :lol:

1 hour ago, Colonel Green said:

I've seen a lot of posts here assuming that Robin Arryn is going to die.  Why?  I mean, I understand the theories around his death in the books, but the show has changed the plot so much that that's no longer relevant.  Indeed, I'd say the odds are decent we never see Robin again; he's off in the Vale, while the Vale's armies, the part that the writers clearly care about, are in the North.

In particular, it makes absolutely no sense in the show for Littlefinger to kill Robin.  He wants to do that in the books to replace him with Harry, but in the show there's no reason for that.  Indeed, as we saw in 604, Robin's stupidly doing whatever Baelish says is the only thing that allows him to control the Vale.

Unless Robin is going to arrive Winterfell, and then be kill off somehow, then Sansa will use his death to bring down LF. Assuming his death in the book will also be a plot device for LF's downfall and maybe the show will follow some of this plot point?

But yeah, I agreed Robin has no reason to die in the show. I doubt he will be interest in leaving Vale as he's more interest in playing in his cage. If he did survive at the end of the series, i will be shock. First character with Spared by Adaptation? GoT of all thing?

On 7/30/2016 at 11:38 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

My survival chance chart :

Sam, Gilly, their baby, Jorah Mormont and Varys : 100%

Sansa, Jaime and Brienne : 99%

Tyrion : 90%

the remaining characters are all dead at the end including the dragons

"the remaining characters are all dead at the end including the dragons."

WHOA!

You're not secretly GRRM, are you????  I hope???
HARR!!! (Just kidding)

(By the way, of the few you did pick to likely survive, I agree with all of them except Jorah and Jaime, both of whom I consider VERY likely to die, especially Jaime.  I have believed ever since I read Storm of Swords many years ago that Jaime will die a hero in the final battle)

2 hours ago, Cron said:

especially Jaime.  I have believed ever since I read Storm of Swords many years ago that Jaime will die a hero in the final battle)

I know that he's desperately searching for an heroic act to change the perception of the people of him as kingslayer, it's just I don't see him taking part of the war of the dawn, I think the heroic act will be Cersei the mad queen

8 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I know that he's desperately searching for an heroic act to change the perception of the people of him as kingslayer, it's just I don't see him taking part of the war of the dawn, I think the heroic act will be Cersei the mad queen

I could easily be wrong, cuz I'm just guessing, but I believe Jaime (the Valonqar) will cross off Cersei, then join the forces of life against the forces of death in the final battle, leading quite possibly ALL of Westeros' southern forces (other than Robb Stark, Jaime is the most skilled and accomplished military commander I can think of in GOT/ASOIAF, by far).   Then I think he will die a hero, as I said, with nearly everyone still despising him, and only Brienne knowing the full extent of his redemption.  Brienne will cry.

I think we will see Jaime and Bran on-screen again together, bringing Jaime's story arc full circle, too, and this will happen after Jaime crosses off Cersei.  .  Should be fascinating.

Tyrion - survive

Jon - open

Dany - open

Bran - lives - in a way

Sansa - dies

Littlefinger - dies

Arya - open

Yara - open

Theon - open

Davos - open

Varys - open

Ellaria - dies

Sandskanks - all die

Queen of Thorns - lives

Mel - dies

Greyworm - who cares?

Messandei - who cares?

Cersei - dies

Jamie - dies

Qyburn - dies

Ungregor - dies - again

The Hound - open

Sweet Robin - open

Jagen Hagar - who really is Jagen Hagar? - dies - sort of but is it him or someone else?

Sam Tarly - lives

Gilly - lives

Euron - dies

Bronn - lives

On 7/29/2016 at 4:44 PM, A_Man_Is_No_One said:

BENJEN STARK: DEAD. He can't pass through the Wall so he'll likely be one of the first to die in the final battle, if he even lives that long.

Once the wall comes down, can't he head south?  Look for him to make another last second rescue in a future show.

Archived