Who Will Survive The Series?

A_Man_Is_No_One

7 hours ago, Cron said:

I could easily be wrong, cuz I'm just guessing, but I believe Jaime (the Valonqar) will cross off Cersei, then join the forces of life against the forces of death in the final battle, leading quite possibly ALL of Westeros' southern forces (other than Robb Stark, Jaime is the most skilled and accomplished military commander I can think of in GOT/ASOIAF, by far).   Then I think he will die a hero, as I said, with nearly everyone still despising him, and only Brienne knowing the full extent of his redemption.  Brienne will cry.

I think we will see Jaime and Bran on-screen again together, bringing Jaime's story arc full circle, too, and this will happen after Jaime crosses off Cersei.  .  Should be fascinating.

Couldn't agree more.  I really think we must have Jaime coming to terms with his past before he goes.

First is Cersei, yes, of course, but then...

He has to confront Bran who he nearly killed in the darkest act of his life.  

And finally he needs to come face to face with Daenerys Targaryen, whose father he killed, conversely, as the finest act of his life.  

If he survives all of that he'll die, leading Lannister forces in the war of the dawn. 

5 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

Couldn't agree more.  I really think we must have Jaime coming to terms with his past before he goes.

First is Cersei, yes, of course, but then...

He has to confront Bran who he nearly killed in the darkest act of his life.  

And finally he needs to come face to face with Daenerys Targaryen, whose father he killed, conversely, as the finest act of his life.  

If he survives all of that he'll die, leading Lannister forces in the war of the dawn. 

Ooooh, great point about Jaime and Dany, seriously.

I've done a lot of thinking about Jaime meeting Bran, but you're right, Jaime meeting Dany should be quite an event as well.

We've already been told (several times, in fact) that Dany understands the Mad King really was mad, so I don't think she'll try to have Jaime crossed off, but yeah, you're right, Jaime meeting Dany should be really cool, too.

On 29/7/2016 at 11:44 PM, A_Man_Is_No_One said:

BRIENNE OF TARTH: DEAD. I feel like The Hound, she could possibly die saving Sansa or Arya or both. Her character is very much focused on honor and duty and her pledge to Catelyn would be her undoing. However I could see her surviving and continuing to serve Sansa.

I don't see her dying, I'd say her survival chances = 90%. I think she will survive and be Lady Commander of the Queensguard/Kingsguard (apt job because she's a 'true knight' inside and because it suits her tomboy attitude - I don't like the word but I'm not a native and I wouldn't be able to explain it otherwise), taking what once was Jamie's place. I think it will be kinda 'romantic' and GRRMesque for her to take the place of the man she loved, to succeed to the post and bring his memory with her (I don't think she will every marry because, as Jamie put it, you needed to be up for a challenge to want to bed her and not many men actually are truly up gto . Also, that job would allow her to

On 2/8/2016 at 3:07 AM, A spoon of knife and fork said:

Brienne will survive partly for dramatic reasons.  I think Jaime Lannister has to die and she will see him die, and take memory of him with her.  Plus she's be an awesome king or queensguard

I agree with the last part, but I'm not sure she will witness Jamie's death...she has already witnessed Renly's and especially if Jamie dies just after killing Cersei / when he kills Cersei / killing Cersei (and not, let's say, during the finall battle or something), then I think it will be' just the two of them', it would fit their situation more I think.

• 10 months later...

Of the big five, I see Tyrion, Jon and Bran surviving, and unfortunately, I think the latter will live on mostly via the weirwood network. Daenerys' HotU vision strongly hinted at her death and they've been emphasizing that she's a conqueror and not a ruler since season 4, I think, which is why I just don't see her actually ruling anything, but I can't imagine her just trying to live a lowkey life either. That hasn't been Dany in the show since season one.

Arya's another character I just don't see living a normal life after everything she's been through, plus death is such a strong theme in her arc that it has to have some kind of payoff. 

I was convinced Jon was a goner for the longest time, but they've done away with most of the mythological parts of the series and the prophecies so it just doesn't make sense for R+L=J to be such a big deal and so dragged out if it isn't because Jon's gonna sit the IT (which I'm hoping they'll do away with). It took them six seasons to reveal his parentage, and we still don't know if he's legitimate or not. 

Characters I'm convinced will survive without having an explanation as to why: Sansa, Jaime (show only), Sandor, Brienne, Varys, Yara, Edmure, Sweetrobin, Sam and Gilly, Tormund and Missandei.

When I think of survivors, I tend to think of main Houses, not characters.

House Lannister - none survive.

House Baratheon - Gendry lives.

House Stark - Sansa lives.

*Bran lives, but not in human form.

House Mormont - Jorah lives, happily, and mentors Lady Lyanna.

FINALLY, HOUSE TARGARYEN - here I think Dany dies and Jon lives.  It is 50/50 but there is so much foreshadowing in the HOTU that I have to go with Dany dying. 

Archived