Brown Ben Plumm Will Ride Viserion

Lost Melnibonean

14 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

My understanding was the other gentleman suggested that Brown Ben would not be able to ride Viserion since Daenerys would not excuse Brown Ben's betrayal. In response I suggested that Brown Ben may accomplish the fact before she returns. If Tyrion of House Lannister and Brown Ben tame Viserion, and act in her interest, she is likely to trust them. 

There is no reason why Daenerys Targaryen should trust Tyrion Lannister. She cannot even use independent sources to double check any claims he might make about murdering King Joffrey and Tywin Lannister. 

And Scorpion92 was talking about Dany's trust in Brown Ben, regardless whether he is a dragonrider or not. His take was that he doesn't believe that Dany is going to forgive Ben his betrayal should they ever meet again. And I tend to agree there. The idea that she is going to be forced by anybody to go along with Ben Dragonrider (say, because he rides a dragon and still commands the Second Sons) makes little sense considering that she is likely to actually command a huge Dothraki khalasar upon her return - and would thus be able to put anybody doubt who even dares to oppose her.

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

What if he's already riding Viserion? 

That's a good point.  If Brown Ben needed convincing to ride Viserion, that would do it.  Dany and him spoke at the feast before their wedding and he told her his story about the gold he found, and she told him she must thank him for the lesson one day and he responded no need, I know what kind o lesson you mean.  He knows she wants him dead and Tyrion could probably convince him Viserion is his survival.

As to Lord Varys point, that Dany would not necessarily trust them and that you don't always ride a dragon.  Both true, but a dragonrider is sooooo valuable that at the very least she would have to consider everything, it would not be a summary execution.  Dany also thinks to herself at one point that the other 2 people who ride dragons would be the 2 people she could trust most in this world, she may think the dragons act like the Direwolves do.

Edit: Also, when saying Drogon is bigger than Viserion so Dany will just kill him it is important to remember the first Dance.  Dreamfyre was crippled in a 2vs1 when the biggest dragon around was on his side, and the biggest dragon around, Vhagar was wrecked by a dragon smaller than it.  

Separately we should consider predators in nature.  Predators mainly avoid each other because any injury can be permanent and life threatening.  Drogon might kill Viserion in a fight, but if it crippled him like with Dreamfyre, it was not worth it.

19 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

There is no reason why Daenerys Targaryen should trust Tyrion Lannister. She cannot even use independent sources to double check any claims he might make about murdering King Joffrey and Tywin Lannister. 

And Scorpion92 was talking about Dany's trust in Brown Ben, regardless whether he is a dragonrider or not. His take was that he doesn't believe that Dany is going to forgive Ben his betrayal should they ever meet again. And I tend to agree there. The idea that she is going to be forced by anybody to go along with Ben Dragonrider (say, because he rides a dragon and still commands the Second Sons) makes little sense considering that she is likely to actually command a huge Dothraki khalasar upon her return - and would thus be able to put anybody doubt who even dares to oppose her.

If this thread makes such little sense why do you bother with it? 

6 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

What if he's already riding Viserion? 

Does not matter. Trust is like a paper. Once you fold it, it does not go to his original state. Same with Dany and Brown Ben. He already betrayed her once, there is no way she could ever trust him again. I think Viserion's storyline is connected more to Tyrion.

8 hours ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

Not gonna happen, he's not a big enough character to ride a dragon. Tyrion will do that instead.

Much more likely, he's big enough for that.

I’m curious how is that going to come about. I know this is a fantasy story but, Tyrion needs help getting on a horse. I mean, is Viseron gonna lay down and let Tyrion grab hold of his horn, climb up his snout, walk across his neck and install a special dragon saddle?  Oh, I get it, foreshadowing, this is why Martin gave us Penny and the dog & pig. Tyrion’s acrobatics practice comes into play. He runs as fast as his stunted legs will allow then jumps and somersaults onto the dragons back.

5 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I’m curious how is that going to come about. I know this is a fantasy story but, Tyrion needs help getting on a horse. I mean, is Viseron gonna lay down and let Tyrion grab hold of his horn, climb up his snout, walk across his neck and install a special dragon saddle?  Oh, I get it, foreshadowing, this is why Martin gave us Penny and the dog & pig. Tyrion’s acrobatics practice comes into play. He runs as fast as his stunted legs will allow then jumps and somersaults onto the dragons back.

Please gawd no! 

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Tyrion's special saddle design is considered by many to be foreshadowing that the imp will ride a dragon. 

10 minutes ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

I agree Brown Ben could ride Viserion. But I think he will be lazy to bond with the Dragon.  I do think Tyrion will eventually ride Viserion. I think Dany will look for riders for the other two dragons once the get to Westros at the last battle with the others. I came to this conclusion is when Tyrion was playing cyvasse and learned to use his dragon last in the game to win. Okay now why I think Tyrion will ride Viserion.

Spoiler

The white cyvasse  dragon fell in front of Tyrion's feet. When he picks it up and wipes the blood off on his sleeve but, the  blood went in the groves of it. That is letting us know that Tyrion is blood of the dragon and you just can't wipe it off. Tyrion throwing the cyvasse dragon in the air and catching it. I think he will "throw" the idea at Dany to find dragon riders for the other two dragons. Tyrion "catches" on when Viserion is taking to him. I know this far fetched. But we all see  things different. I like reading your threads they are always so well thought out. 

You need to hide Winds content in spoiler tags. 

On 30 juli 2016 at 0:01 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Her captains bowed and left her with her handmaids and her dragons. But as Brown Ben was leaving, Viserion spread his pale white wings and flapped lazily at his head. One of the wings buffeted the sellsword in his face. The white dragon landed awkwardly with one foot on the man's head and one on his shoulder, shrieked, and flew off again. "He likes you, Ben," said Dany.

I'm just gonna throw this in: is it not more likely that this particular part foreshadows Viserions rejection of BBP?

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

Hmm... No. At least not the way I see it. 

Come on... V flutters in BBP's face, makes an awkward landing, shrieks and flies off.

Plus: isn't it also far more likely that the dragonriders will be POV's?

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I would say when Tyrion made that special design for Bran for the horse. That was the forshadow of him making one for a dragon in the future.

4 hours ago, Sigella said:

1. Come on... V flutters in BBP's face, makes an awkward landing, shrieks and flies off.

2. Plus: isn't it also far more likely that the dragonriders will be POV's?

1. I see what you're saying, but I disagree with your conclusion. 

2. Why? 

Archived