Brown Ben Plumm Will Ride Viserion

Lost Melnibonean

1 hour ago, Daemon Blackfyre IV said:

I'm gonna be quick on this cause I'm on my phone and headed to bed just wanted to say great thread. I was working on a theory around part of this but got sidetracked I went back to look at my old thread on Ben Plumm but it's a mess lol. Anyway I think I can fill in one blank on your family tree and it is with the other person who was brought to our attention with Dragon blood around the same time 

Great Grandfather: Younger Son of Viserys
Great Grandmother: Half-Bravosi and half Summer Islander woman

the original Black Pearl was these exact two cultures and her daughter's and son were Great Bastards

it is very possible that one of these children married either a Martel or a Plumm 

Could be... but I would think Bellegere's granddaughter and Viserys’s  younger son would be a more likely combination.

ETA

Oh, I guess that's what you suggested... I agree! 

17 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

2. I hate it when that happens. 

Me too. Sucks not to be Sheldon Cooper.

13 hours ago, Jo Maltese said:

2. Well, I personally think the same as @Sigella: the 3 heads of the dragon/ the 3 dragon riders are more likely to be POVs. And I would add the more prominent ones... Tyrion, Jon and Dany.

Thats what I thought too, but if you take into account 1 all the prominent non-pov-characters, and 2 how easily we'd see them through Dany and Tyrion it seems unlikely.

13 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

But you don't believe that the three heads of Rhaegar's dragon are the same as the riders of Daenerys's three dragons, do you? 

Not necessarily Rhaegars children, but blood of the dragon. You don't? 

2 hours ago, Sigella said:

Me too. Sucks not to be Sheldon Cooper.

Thats what I thought too, but if you take into account 1 all the prominent non-pov-characters, and 2 how easily we'd see them through Dany and Tyrion it seems unlikely.

Not necessarily Rhaegars children, but blood of the dragon. You don't? 

I definitely think blood of the dragon is requires to ride a dragon. But I don't think the first three riders of each dragon necessarily correspond to the three heads of the dragon that The George told us to look for. For example, I think Jon, the third of those heads, will ride Drogon. Nevertheless, I do believe all three of the heads will ride a dragon. 

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I definitely think blood of the dragon is requires to ride a dragon. But I don't think the first three riders of each dragon necessarily correspond to the three heads of the dragon that The George told us to look for. For example, I think Jon, the third of those heads, will ride Drogon. Nevertheless, I do believe all three of the heads will ride a dragon. 

Oh. I thought we all were assuming heads of the dragon means dragon riders? 

That aside.

I'd like to think that there will be some sort of symmetry as to which person gets which dragon.

Thus I'm hoping for

Aegon to ride Rhaegal (being named for Aegons father and being green to Danys black like in tPatQ) and

Jon to ride Viserion (being the "runt of the litter" and white)

2 hours ago, Sigella said:

Oh. I thought we all were assuming heads of the dragon means dragon riders? 

That aside.

I'd like to think that there will be some sort of symmetry as to which person gets which dragon.

Thus I'm hoping for

Aegon to ride Rhaegal (being named for Aegons father and being green to Danys black like in tPatQ) and

Jon to ride Viserion (being the "runt of the litter" and white)

The prince that was promised, Azor Ahai reborn, the special snowflake himself, ain't gonna be riding no runt of the litter. Jon is gonna get up on that big, black one. Black always was his color. 

I agree that Aegon will will ride the green one. He's gonna fight Daenerys on the black one. So we have green versus black in the Second Dance of the Dragons. Recall that the first Dance of the Dragons pitted the greens, led by another Aegon, against the blacks, led by another hot, dragon riding chick. 

17 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

The prince that was promised, Azor Ahai reborn, the special snowflake himself, ain't gonna be riding no runt of the litter. Jon is gonna get up on that big, black one. Black always was his color. 

I agree that Aegon will will ride the green one. He's gonna fight Daenerys on the black one. So we have green versus black in the Second Dance of the Dragons. Recall that the first Dance of the Dragons pitted the greens, led by another Aegon, against the blacks, led by another hot, dragon riding chick. 

1 Ghost is white and the runt of the litter (according to Theon) and Jon was not above taking him. 

2 Sorry to be nit-picking but the Realms Delight was stout and thick of waist. 

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

1 Ghost is white and the runt of the litter (according to Theon) and Jon was not above taking him. 

2 Sorry to be nit-picking but the Realms Delight was stout and thick of waist. 

1. Ahh, but Ghost was not the runt of the litter. In fact, by the time of Arya's first chapter in Game, Ghost was "already larger than his litter mates." Ghost is white with red eyes, an albino like the Ghost of High Heart and perhaps Bloodraven. (Although Ghost was specifically described as an albino in ASOIAF, and the Ghost of High Heart was specifically described as an albino in TWOIAF, I don't believe Bloodraven was ever specifically described as an albino. Nevertheless, Bloodraven had the white skin and hair and red eyes of an albino.) 

On the other hand, Viserion is cream with gold highlights. I know Viserion is never described as a runt, and although Drogon is definitely larger than the other two, I don't believe we know whether Rhaegal is larger than Viserion. 

2. The Realm's delight was stout and thick of waist after pushing out a bunch of dragonlets. Before that, when she was Daenerys's age, she was hot. 

20 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

(...) There was something about Plumm that troubled him. "He could be a robber knight, for all we know." The warning only seemed to make Ser Maynard more interesting to Egg. "I never knew a robber knight. Do you think he means to rob the dragon's egg?"

You are aware that 

Spoiler

Maynard Plumm is in fact Bloodraven,

right?

2 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

1. Ahh, but Ghost was not the runt of the litter. In fact, by the time of Arya's first chapter in Game, Ghost was "already larger than his litter mates." Ghost is white with red eyes, an albino like the Ghost of High Heart and perhaps Bloodraven. (Although Ghost was specifically described as an albino in ASOIAF, and the Ghost of High Heart was specifically described as an albino in TWOIAF, I don't believe Bloodraven was ever specifically described as an albino. Nevertheless, Bloodraven had the white skin and hair and red eyes of an albino.) 

On the other hand, Viserion is cream with gold highlights. I know Viserion is never described as a runt, and although Drogon is definitely larger than the other two, I don't believe we know whether Rhaegal is larger than Viserion. 

2. The Realm's delight was stout and thick of waist after pushing out a bunch of dragonlets. Before that, when she was Daenerys's age, she was hot. 

1 Ghost sprouting fast is not info available to Jon when he adopts Ghost.

1.5 Doesn't Dany think of Viserion as the smallest of her dragons at some point?

2 When Rhaenyra was Danys age there were no blacks or greens. It is put forth that Queen Alicents slender frame at twice Rhaenyras age is one of the sources of resentment between the two.

2 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

1. Ahh, but Ghost was not the runt of the litter. In fact, by the time of Arya's first chapter in Game, Ghost was "already larger than his litter mates."

Ghost was the runt of the litter, I'm very sure Theon says it. Also just because he was the smallest when he was born doesn't mean he'd have to be the smallest when fully grown. Actually with dogs, the runt can very often times grows to be the biggest.

Also by runt, I'm pretty sure OP and Theon just meant smallest, not abnormally small or weak or anything. 

29 minutes ago, Sigella said:

1 Ghost sprouting fast is not info available to Jon when he adopts Ghost.

1.5 Doesn't Dany think of Viserion as the smallest of her dragons at some point?

2 When Rhaenyra was Danys age there were no blacks or greens. It is put forth that Queen Alicents slender frame at twice Rhaenyras age is one of the sources of resentment between the two.

1. But there is no suggestion in the text that Ghost was ever smaller than his litter mates. 

2. I haven't been able to find it. I actually wanted to make the argument that Viserion was the runt before, but I was never able to find any textual support that Viserion was smaller than Rhaegal. 

3. Oh, yes there were...

In 111 AC, a great tourney was held at King’s Landing on the fifth anniversary of the king’s marriage to Queen Alicent. At the opening feast, the queen wore a green gown, whilst the princess dressed dramatically in Targaryen red and black. Note was taken, and thereafter it became the custom to refer to “greens” and “blacks” when talking of the queen’s party and the party of the princess, respectively. In the tourney itself, the blacks had much the better of it when Ser Criston Cole, wearing Princess Rhaenyra’s favor, unhorsed all of the queen’s champions, including two of her cousins and her youngest brother, Ser Gwayne Hightower.

The Rogue Prince

She was still hot then...

Childbirth exacted a toll on the princess; the weight that Rhaenyra gained during her pregnancies never entirely left her, and by the time the youngest boy was born, she had grown stout and thick of waist, the beauty of her girlhood a fading memory, though she was but twenty years of age. According to Mushroom, this only served to deepen her resentment of her stepmother, Queen Alicent, who remained slender and graceful at almost twice her age.

The Rogue Prince

42 minutes ago, CaliWolf said:

Ghost was the runt of the litter, I'm very sure Theon says it. Also just because he was the smallest when he was born doesn't mean he'd have to be the smallest when fully grown. Actually with dogs, the runt can very often times grows to be the biggest.

Also by runt, I'm pretty sure OP and Theon just meant smallest, not abnormally small or weak or anything. 

I am very sure Theon does not say it...

Halfway across the bridge, Jon pulled up suddenly.

"What is it, Jon?" their lord father asked.

"Can't you hear it?"

Bran could hear the wind in the trees, the clatter of their hooves on the ironwood planks, the whimpering of his hungry pup, but Jon was listening to something else.

"There," Jon said. He swung his horse around and galloped back across the bridge. They watched him dismount where the direwolf lay dead in the snow, watched him kneel. A moment later he was riding back to them, smiling.

"He must have crawled away from the others," Jon said.

"Or been driven away," their father said, looking at the sixth pup. His fur was white, where the rest of the litter was grey. His eyes were as red as the blood of the ragged man who had died that morning. Bran thought it curious that this pup alone would have opened his eyes while the others were still blind.

"An albino," Theon Greyjoy said with wry amusement. "This one will die even faster than the others."

Jon Snow gave his father's ward a long, chilling look. "I think not, Greyjoy," he said. "This one belongs to me."

Bran I, Game I

I just skimmed the the chapters before Ghost is noted to be bigger than his litter mates, and there is no suggeston in the text that he was ever smaller. Nor was he ever described as a runt. I also searched for that word specifically. 

43 minutes ago, CaliWolf said:

Ghost was the runt of the litter, I'm very sure Theon says it.

I looked. Could not find. Eddard says:

Lady," he said, tasting the name. He had never paid much attention to the names the children had picked, but looking at her now, he knew that Sansa had chosen well. She was the smallest of the litter, the prettiest, the most gentle and trusting. She looked at him with bright golden eyes, and he ruffled her thick grey fur.

5 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I looked. Could not find. Eddard says:

Lady," he said, tasting the name. He had never paid much attention to the names the children had picked, but looking at her now, he knew that Sansa had chosen well. She was the smallest of the litter, the prettiest, the most gentle and trusting. She looked at him with bright golden eyes, and he ruffled her thick grey fur.

So, Sansa's direwolf was the runt of the litter...

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

Eddard says that after they've grown quite a bit though. Runt is supposed to be applied right after birth, not how ever long later after they've already grown a bit. 

And if it's not in the books, I must be remembering Theon saying Ghost was the runt of the litter from the show then.

2 minutes ago, CaliWolf said:

Eddard says that after they've grown quite a bit though. Runt is supposed to be applied right after birth, not how ever long later after they've already grown a bit. 

And if it's not in the books, I must be remembering Theon saying Ghost was the runt of the litter from the show then.

The show doesn't count, dude. 

6 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

...according to Eddard Lady was the smallest. Haven't seen a quote where Theon says Ghost is a runt. Nor have I seen a dialogue of Dany's dragons as to which when they hatched was runt.

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

The show doesn't count, dude. 

I know, I was just saying I definitely remember Theon saying that at some point, so as you showed its not in the books, so it's probably from the show I'm remembering it from.

Archived