Watch, Watched, Watching: The Workprint Prototype Version

RedEyedGhost

7 hours ago, Electric Bass said:

I liked it, but I always preferred Season 3 to it. Maybe because I like high drama a lot - my favorite scene in the series is still this

Yeah, I'm unsure which season I like better, a rewatch will have to point that out. And I'm also a sucker for high drama.

Finished up Banshee today.  Really enjoyed it.  Season three was pretty much fantastic from start to finish.  Season four wasn't as good, and you could tell they had to rush some things, but overall it was pretty satisfying.  

Finale spoilers:

Spoiler

One thing I couldn't get past was how dumb Hood was in the final episode.  The second they discovered that someone else had killed Rebecca, someone with access to the police files, my first thought was Bow Tie, not Proctor.  It was pretty obvious that Proctor wouldn't have killed his own niece, and it just felt stupid of Hood to leap to that conclusion without even considering the creepy as hell bodyguard who is always around Proctor.

21 hours ago, williamjm said:

I think I'd probably say The Martian was his best post-Gladiator work.

Ha, I totally forgot about The Martian. That was a good film, but all in all pretty forgetable imo. It suceeded in what it was trying to do, but it wasn't very deep. Kingdom of Heaven's theatricul cut is more about something, which is something I really like.

21 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

You forgot about Prometheus fans. There are dozens of us!

I thought Exodus was a good catch-all for all of Scott's disappointing films since Gladiator :P 

I watched The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet last night.  That was a nice little movie.  It kind of reminded me of Big Fish, but much less fanciful.  

I just fired up The Bronze.  Really looking forward to this one, hopefully it doesn't disappoint. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:29 PM, williamjm said:

I remember hearing once that the FSB had returned to using typewriters to write some reports, which is one way to avoid hackers.

Some times simple is best. Kind of like the whole joke( I may have this backwards so don't judge) of the U.S. spending millions to create a pen that would write in space. The Russians just used a pencil.

On 30/07/2016 at 5:34 PM, Veltigar said:

Man, Sing Street won't come out here for months probably :( I want to see it now.

A dare gone wrong? Or perhaps someone with a fetish for really bad portrayals of King Arthur. That twilight bum they dragged up from the deep to play him in this version is easily the worst King Arthur portrayal I have ever seen. If someone made a list with the biggest miscasting in history, he should have a really prominent slot on that.

Arthur was utterly cringeworthy, Lancelot hardly better. The one good casting I thought was Merlin. Other than that, the one good point I took from the series was the way the portrayed use of magic as really costing the user, Morgan in particular. I'd like to have seen Melisandre suffer in such a way in GoT. Other than that, let's forget Camelot and move swiftly on!

I just finished WGN's Underground. It's enjoyable but nothing special. There are a couple of really good episodes and some really nice emotional beats, but there are also some seriously stupid moments that don't make much sense. The finale was also not very satisfying. I'm willing to give it another season, because I did enjoy it, but I'm not sure if I will like it as much if I have to follow it on a weekly basis.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Arthur was utterly cringeworthy, Lancelot hardly better. The one good casting I thought was Merlin. Other than that, the one good point I took from the series was the way the portrayed use of magic as really costing the user, Morgan in particular. I'd like to have seen Melisandre suffer in such a way in GoT. Other than that, let's forget Camelot and move swiftly on!

I like Joseph Fiennes, but I think the one good casting in that series (apart from Morgan) was Guinevere :P She was hot :P 

Planning to get ahold of a copy of Batman Superman, the 3 hour version. I never did see the film because the reviews were bad. I need to watch it first, so that I can go see Suicide Squad, which I plan to see on the big screen.

Watching Mr. Robot. Best thing on tv right now.

Preacher and Animal Kingdom just finished up, so I'm in a bit of a show hole.

I've been rewatching Sons of Anarchy just because I'm bored. It's interesting to see how young Bobby and Tig look in season 1.

Planning to binge watch Fringe. Never quite pulled the trigger on this one, but I heard some good things about later season of it, so I'm gonna try it. Planning to binge watch Orange is the New Black, as well. I got half way through season 1 and kinda sputtered out. But I often hear great things about it, so I'll give it another try now that I'm bored.

I think we need monthly releases of Marvel Netflix shows. And Star Wars movies twice a year. I'm dying here.

I watched  Álex de la Iglesia's El Crimen Perfecto the other day. I didn't really want to, because it wasn't reviewed very favourably, my friends and I were drinking and having a good time however, so I decided to stick around and watch it. It's funnier than reviewers said, but in a very juvenile way (which is fine, laughs are laughs). The beginning is quite boring though and the ending is complete shit. I'd say the second act is worth watching though, that's where most laughs were located. All in all, it wasn't a complete mess, but not something I would have finished if I wasn't hanging out with some mates.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, Martell Spy said:

Planning to binge watch Fringe. Never quite pulled the trigger on this one, but I heard some good things about later season of it, so I'm gonna try it.

It been several years since I watched it, but I do think I liked the first season the least. I do think I'd like to rewatch it again, what service has it available?

I finished rewatching season 3 of Grimm yesterday. I do like their finales.

Friday I finished rewatching The Magicians, and I think I liked it even more this time around - especially Penny

and Eliot's slide

Looks like, as with The Expanse, this isn't back until early 2017.

Finished episode 5 of Stranger Things - Initially I was stoked that there were only 6 episodes, now I've realised it's 8 episodes. It will probably take me a week to finish the series. 

13 hours ago, Harakiri said:

I just watched a documentary on the Keddie Cabin Murders, Cabin 28. Pretty good documentary. The whole story is fucked up, the cops mishandled the entire investigation. Such a horrible crime and an even worse mishandling of the entire investigation. 

Watched it earlier tonight based off your recommendation. Not bad. A bit out there at times with the psychic and hypnosis, etc. Interesting case though. 

What do you think? Martin and Bo certainly sound like they were the killers. Especially after the counselor claiming Martin confessed to him. The whole thing was pretty horrific. The 12 year old girl with the learning disability being taken and possibly pregnant was particularly fucked up.

13 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Watched it earlier tonight based off your recommendation. Not bad. A bit out there at times with the psychic and hypnosis, etc. Interesting case though. 

Hide contents

What do you think? Martin and Bo certainly sound like they were the killers. Especially after the counselor claiming Martin confessed to him. The whole thing was pretty horrific. The 12 year old girl with the learning disability being taken and possibly pregnant was particularly fucked up.

Yea there were parts of it that were really out there. 

Spoiler

I think it was them. Marty apparently was also dangerously obsessed with Sue. They left out a detail about how sues body was found. They purposely bound her legs open to expose her genitals. Marty also hated her son so that's why there was such damage done to him. His involvement would also explain why his step son Justin was not harmed.

They recently (this past winter) found another murder  weapon, another hammer, buried somewhere in that town. It looks exactly like the hammer Marty described that he said went missing. The former sheriff that was in charge of the invesigation was also apparently friends with Marty, might have something to do why the investigation was handled so badly. It's such a horrible case, from the brutality of the crime to how badly the cops fucked it up. You think those two were the killers?

Just watched a great documentary on HBO called Hitchcock/Truffaut. It's about the book that French director François Truffaut did about Alfred Hitchcock after a series of interviews where Truffaut questioned Hitchcock about his work film by film. It also had interviews with some of my favorite directors and screenwriters about Hitchcock and his influence on cinema. I highly recommend it to any Hitchcock fans, or film buff's in general.

Archived