Watch, Watched, Watching: The Workprint Prototype Version

RedEyedGhost

I finished The Tunnel. What started as a very interesting premise and promising show,

Spoiler

quickly descended into nothing but ridiculous red herrings and a terrible revenge motive for the killer. Yawn. Stephen Dillane and Clemence Poesy were very good, but it was a disappointment after the initial very interesting episodes.

Finished season 1 of Fringe yesterday, for some reason the finale is episode 20 on Netflix... that's pretty stupid.

I did decide to start a rewatch of The Wire then, and stayed up way too late as I made it all the way through episode 6.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm sure that somewhere right now Theda has just had a shiver go down her spine :lol: 

I'm the person who has seen the movie 'Wimbledon' about 7 times - I have zero credibility when it comes to TV & Movies. 

So I watched the new movie, Imperium, starring Daniel Radcliffe as an FBI agent who infiltrates a group of white supremacists. It was getting some good reviews and the trailer looked good, but it was pretty disappointing. Radcliffe's character and a lot of the scenes just seemed unrealistic and done to move the plot along. Also, the ending(a slight twist) was pretty predictable.

45 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

So I watched the new movie, Imperium, starring Daniel Radcliffe as an FBI agent who infiltrates a group of white supremacists. It was getting some good reviews and the trailer looked good, but it was pretty disappointing. Radcliffe's character and a lot of the scenes just seemed unrealistic and done to move the plot along. Also, the ending(a slight twist) was pretty predictable.

That's too bad, because the trailer did make it look really good.

Are any of you watching the HBO show Ballers? Don't. Don't put it on in the background thinking it'll be dumb fun. Don't think 'hey, I like The Rock. This'll probably be OK'. Did you like Entourage? Even the later seasons? Still, don't watch this. I don't think I've ever seen an episode of tv as aggressively bad as the last one. It was the visual equivalent of someone pissing all over your face and laughing. I went to sleep angry for having watched it, and I woke up still angry.

I started watching the Lego Star Wars Freemaker Adventures and am up to S1E7. It's a long ass title but a very fun show. It keeps the same silly sense of humor as the video games. I especially like this new Sith and her interactions with Palpatine & Vader. I am not sure if these adventures are in canon (I'm guessing not), but they are certainly respecting the SWU of the original trilogy and putting in some cameos. So far it seems these first 7 episodes have taken place in the span of time between the end of Empire and beginning of ROTJ. I think S1 goes up to 13 episodes and I'm looking forward to finishing out this season. 

2 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Are any of you watching the HBO show Ballers? Don't. Don't put it on in the background thinking it'll be dumb fun. Don't think 'hey, I like The Rock. This'll probably be OK'. Did you like Entourage? Even the later seasons? Still, don't watch this. I don't think I've ever seen an episode of tv as aggressively bad as the last one. It was the visual equivalent of someone pissing all over your face and laughing. I went to sleep angry for having watched it, and I woke up still angry.

Yeah, I didn't have as visceral a dislike for it as you did, but I watched all of S1 hoping it'd get better, but it didn't. It's a shame b/c I like Rob Cordy & The Rock. I think it's on S3 now, so someone is liking it. :/

1 hour ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I think it's on S3 now, so someone is liking it. :/

Season 2.

I've been slowing working through The Living and the Dead over the past 2-3 weeks when I've had dead time in between patients at work, and I finished it today.  I really enjoyed that, and damn if it didn't stick the landing.  Most horror and horror adjacent novels, tv, and movies let me down in the end, but episode six was fantastic even before the final tease that set up season 2.

16 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Yeah, I didn't have as visceral a dislike for it as you did, but I watched all of S1 hoping it'd get better, but it didn't. It's a shame b/c I like Rob Cordy & The Rock. I think it's on S3 now, so someone is liking it. :/

It's on season 2, but it did get picked up for a third season. Personally I think it's neither good nor bad, just kind of pointless. Still bummed that they axed The Brink though. That show was awesome. 

Caught up on BrainDead over the weekend, really liking this show.   Great mix of politics, horror, and science fiction in a comedy.    The best bits usually involve either Senator Red Wheatus ( Tony Shaloub) or  Gustav.  

Never thought I would be laughing out loud about a Congressional hearing discussing animal testing.

Love the "preivously on" recaps set to music at the beginning of each episode.

Finished Season 3 of The Wire.  Absolutely living up to the hype so far.  This season really shocked me once or twice.  I can't decide on a favorite character; Omar, Stringer or Kima.  But I do cringe a bit on McNulty scenes as I am not a fan.  

The first season is my favorite of the first three.

4 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

Finished Season 3 of The Wire.  Absolutely living up to the hype so far.  This season really shocked me once or twice.  I can't decide on a favorite character; Omar, Stringer or Kima.  But I do cringe a bit on McNulty scenes as I am not a fan.  

The first season is my favorite of the first three.

Poor McNulty. Closest thing the show had to a main character, and he's nobody's favorite. :lol:

I actually did enjoy him for the most part . Especially his interactions with Bunk. I went back and forth between Omar and Stringer as my favorite. Idris Elba was probably the best actor on the show, but Omar is such a fun character. There's a reason he's become iconic over the years. 

BrainDead is awesome.  It's like a Heinlein bug invasion story combined with Veep.  Most disturbing and hilarious thing on it though was the Michael Moore sex scene.

It should be at least half as popular as Stranger Things is right now.  2nd best series of the summer, perhaps, not that there's much competition.

19 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Disliking McNulty is some snobbish bullshit. McNulty is awesome;.

I keep thinking of McNulty in terms of West's role in The Affair.  The Wire's McNulty the detective and The Affair's Solloway the novelist have more than a few things in common, starting with always leading with their dicks and making stuff up. :)

Archived