Question about Faegon's storyline

If he does successfully take the throne, would Dany be his 1st "choice" as bride? 

If he needs to make an alliance to win the throne.... Would he wait on Dany? Or choose the "quicker route" and go with Arianne or Marg can't ever underestimate Marg with those kings. She'll prolly even hit on Dany if she needs too lol

Dany is going to have two husbands just as Aegon had two brides... Just a guessing.

If toung Griff is really Aegon he is a good candidate for being her husband and ride one of her dragons, if he is fake he is not that suitable for Dany, but the thing is: We don't know for sure and Dany does not know if he is the real deal... yet.

But i wouldn't say he is a 1 choice unless he soon show some real undoubtful proof he is who he says. We seen that Dany always rememember her visons on the House of the Undying when thiking her next steps, maybe she make the (F)Aegon connection with the cloth dragon vision and acts with precaution on this matter. There is another thing that she will surely remember when thinking in said to be Aegon:

"No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning.

Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

This  warning from Quaithe is particulary explicit. Dany already seen the pale mare, she will rememember it when she meet the others, she is aware abaout not trusting Kraken and Dark Flame (Victarion or Euron and Moqorro), Lion and Griffin (Tyrion and Griff aka Jon Conington) and Sun's son (Frog Martell) and probbably she will think by herself that a cloth dragon can be someone that claim to be a dragon and would be (F)Aegon.

It is easy to make the guessing when Dany meets all this people, most of them are house sigil related ecxpet for Moqorro who is not westrosi so i guess Aegon and everyone in this list won't ever be Dany's first choice unless one of them, let's say can control or ride one of the dragons or had some toher big deal to offer.

Yes, JonCon is very clear about it. Also he is aware that he will have troubles for defending throne if she attacks him with three dragons. Not to mention she is the best bride by far, gives him legitimacy and dragons.

Arianne is his sister, her loyalty is expected, marriage pact should not be necessary, although she may try it,

although she will not find him attractive

both Doran and JonCon will be against it.

Marge is even worse than Arianne. She was married to three King, brother and sons of man who took his throne or man who killed his grandfather if they think they are bastards. She is damaged goods and black widow, people should stay away from her. And it is not necessary because they also have some Reachmen supporting him (most likely Rowan and Tarly-with big army and Marge in custody).

Cersei is obviously not an option, nor is Myrcella.

Anfter Daenerys, I would put Sansa in second place. She can bring to him Vale and Riverlands and maybe North (depends on Stannis' campaign and GNC). But I guess she can do the same if Harry dies somehow and Baelish marries Sansa (he stays Lord of HH and LP of Riverlands, she gets a pardon for regicide and good marriage).

@Lord Asher Forrester

Are we certain Quaithe means good for Daenerys? So far Pale mare had positive outcome since it damaged Yunkaii more than her men (not counting refugees), and you cam see that situation that she caused it when she made that camp.

Kraken (Vic) wishes to marry her and he wishes a dragon but doesnt wish her anything bad.

Dark flame... well we saw Benerro talking she is Azor Ahai.

Lion wishes revenge. Doubtless he will serve her as Lord of CR if she gives it to him and we have no indications he wants to betray her.

Suns son wishes his fathers approval. He wants to marry her and maybe ride a dragon, but he wishes no harm to her.

Mummers dragon wants her as prof of legitimacy and her dragons, but again we have no indication he wants to hurt her.

Remember the Undying? What? That Rheagar thinks Aegon VI is Azor Ahai?

Perfumed senechal we dont know who is, but Reznak offered good advices for her (much better than Skahaz). Marwyn... I really dont know, but I am sure he dkesnt plan to sacrifice her or something. Ship is likely in the sea so he poses no threat.

2 hours ago, dariopatke said:

Yes, JonCon is very clear about it. Also he is aware that he will have troubles for defending throne if she attacks him with three dragons. Not to mention she is the best bride by far, gives him legitimacy and dragons.

Arianne is his sister, her loyalty is expected, marriage pact should not be necessary, although she may try it,

Hide contents

although she will not find him attractive

both Doran and JonCon will be against it.

Marge is even worse than Arianne. She was married to three King, brother and sons of man who took his throne or man who killed his grandfather if they think they are bastards. She is damaged goods and black widow, people should stay away from her. And it is not necessary because they also have some Reachmen supporting him (most likely Rowan and Tarly-with big army and Marge in custody).

Cersei is obviously not an option, nor is Myrcella.

Anfter Daenerys, I would put Sansa in second place. She can bring to him Vale and Riverlands and maybe North (depends on Stannis' campaign and GNC). But I guess she can do the same if Harry dies somehow and Baelish marries Sansa (he stays Lord of HH and LP of Riverlands, she gets a pardon for regicide and good marriage).

@Lord Asher Forrester

Are we certain Quaithe means good for Daenerys? So far Pale mare had positive outcome since it damaged Yunkaii more than her men (not counting refugees), and you cam see that situation that she caused it when she made that camp.

Kraken (Vic) wishes to marry her and he wishes a dragon but doesnt wish her anything bad.

Dark flame... well we saw Benerro talking she is Azor Ahai.

Lion wishes revenge. Doubtless he will serve her as Lord of CR if she gives it to him and we have no indications he wants to betray her.

Suns son wishes his fathers approval. He wants to marry her and maybe ride a dragon, but he wishes no harm to her.

Mummers dragon wants her as prof of legitimacy and her dragons, but again we have no indication he wants to hurt her.

Remember the Undying? What? That Rheagar thinks Aegon VI is Azor Ahai?

Perfumed senechal we dont know who is, but Reznak offered good advices for her (much better than Skahaz). Marwyn... I really dont know, but I am sure he dkesnt plan to sacrifice her or something. Ship is likely in the sea so he poses no threat.

Arianne is not Aegon's sister, and the "Remember the Undying" line is referencing the Warlocks of Qarth, some of which are currently aboard Euron's ship.

To answer the OP:

I'm sure Dany is Aegon's first choice, but he will not wait on her to arrive in Westeros. Currently Dany's ETA seems an incredulous amount of time, while we know from readings that

Spoiler

Aegon and the Golden Company have already taken Storm's End.

I think Aegon will marry Arianne and bring Dorne into the war, because he will reason that Aegon the Conqueror had two wives. Dany will simply become his second, once she finally comes home. The marriage to Arianne would reconcile the Dornish with their former status, as they were originally part of the royal family when Rhaegar married Elia Martell.

I am not sure. I believe that even if Dany would be his first choice but even if he wants Dany, she will not be willing to marry someone who would at least claim to have a better claim. Arianne is the one who he will marry.

Spoiler

Arianne is on her way to meet him after all.

1 hour ago, Ser Ronan Storm said:

Arianne is not Aegon's sister, and the "Remember the Undying" line is referencing the Warlocks of Qarth, some of which are currently aboard Euron's ship.

She is, you may call it cousin in your country, but we call it sister, his mother and her father are siblings (for all she knows).

Are we certain about it? I am not saying undying refrrs to that moment, just that Quaithe sets things free to be interpreted and Daenerys may be wrong.

2 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I believe that they will keep hearing that Dany died just like Victarion did on his way to her and eventually they will loose faith and marry someone else.  Sansa, Margery, and Arrianne are all decent choices.

I like this idea. Seems possible.

6 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

If he does successfully take the throne, would Dany be his 1st "choice" as bride? 

If he needs to make an alliance to win the throne.... Would he wait on Dany? Or choose the "quicker route" and go with Arianne or Marg can't ever underestimate Marg with those kings. She'll prolly even hit on Dany if she needs too lol

I am quite sure Daenerys will come to Aegon's aide as he is hard pressed, just as Tyrion predicted, and a wedding will be arranged, but I suspect Arianne and her round ripe breasts with their huge dark nipples will win Aegon's love. Around the same time, Illyrio will reveal that his son is the blood of the Blackfyre,  and Tyrion will figure out a way to avoid turning over most of the gold of Casterly Rock to the Second Sons. 

1 hour ago, dariopatke said:

She is, you may call it cousin in your country, but we call it sister, his mother and her father are siblings (for all she knows).

Are we certain about it? I am not saying undying refrrs to that moment, just that Quaithe sets things free to be interpreted and Daenerys may be wrong.

Which country are you from (I'm genuinely curious; I have never heard of cousins being referred to as direct siblings before)?

The only other thing Quaithe could mean is the literal House of the Undying, in which Dany heard all the magical prophecies/saw visions of what she will do or what will happen in the future. The Undying being capitalized kinda cements that she's referring to the adventures in Qarth, because nothing else in the series so far is referred to as undying. Can't be talking about the Others, because they can be killed (poor Puddles). And she couldn't remember certain undying characters like Beric, Stoneheart or Jon because she hasn't met any of them in the first place.

In my opinion, pretty much everything Quaithe has said so far has been pretty straightforward. The identity of the perfumed seneschal is up for debate because at least 2 relatively major characters fit that description. Even her "directional prophecy" is straightforward.

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I am quite sure Daenerys will come to Aegon's aide as he is hard pressed, just as Tyrion predicted, and a wedding will be arranged, but I suspect Arianne and her round ripe breasts with their huge dark nipples will win Aegon's love. Around the same time, Illyrio will reveal that his son is the blood of the Blackfyre,  and Tyrion will figure out a way to avoid turning over most of the gold of Casterly Rock to the Second Sons. 

This seems very plausible to me. Although I'm pretty sure Aegon will go for Sansa rather than Arianne. 

1 hour ago, Ser Ronan Storm said:

Which country are you from (I'm genuinely curious; I have never heard of cousins being referred to as direct siblings before)?

The only other thing Quaithe could mean is the literal House of the Undying, in which Dany heard all the magical prophecies/saw visions of what she will do or what will happen in the future. The Undying being capitalized kinda cements that she's referring to the adventures in Qarth, because nothing else in the series so far is referred to as undying. Can't be talking about the Others, because they can be killed (poor Puddles). And she couldn't remember certain undying characters like Beric, Stoneheart or Jon because she hasn't met any of them in the first place.

In my opinion, pretty much everything Quaithe has said so far has been pretty straightforward. The identity of the perfumed seneschal is up for debate because at least 2 relatively major characters fit that description. Even her "directional prophecy" is straightforward.

Serbia. Well, we have a difference between them  and siblings ofc, but still call them brother and sister, not cousin. And if we have to make a difference we cal our siblings something like brother/sister by birth.

Yes, remember pointed to House of the Undying. But what to remember? But Qarth itself was very interesting because it is so divided. For example, Xaro dodnt do anything bad to Daenerys, he even warned her of Warlocks and Pyat did only wrong. There are a lot of things that could mean and a lot of lesson she can learn from it. 

I never said it wasn't straight forward, just that Quaithe may have something else in mind. She may not be helping her because people who she is supposed to be careful about don't wish to harm her.

When it comes down to Quaithe's warnings to Dany you have to wonder why this ally would warn Dany off every single person who could help her, but says nothing of her creepy boyfriend (and creepy husband for that matter) or Jorah or Brown Ben Plumm or any number of people who have betrayed her.  Considering Dany is in Essos what is the point behind warning her off of all these Westerosi?   Even the Sons' Sun had no real designs on Dany personally, he just wanted to make his father proud by carrying out the mission.   Though stealing a dragon is pretty low, there was absolutely zero danger to Dany throughout her short association with him.  

As to Aegon I think Sansa is the most unlikely marriage.   She's in hiding and there is no way their paths will cross unless Little Finger wills it.  I can't see LF letting his key to the North go to anyone but himself.  I think Doran will demand a marriage between Aegon & Arianne if he finds out what became of Quentyn.   I don't think it's about being related because I doubt Doran will be fooled by the story, but if Aegon's campaign is successful he will want assurances before he supports the cause.  After reading events in The Forsaken, I'm not sure anyone from the Reach will be available for politics once that kraken leaves.   I think Aegon is more likely to go play at heroics in the Reach before he marches on Kings Landing, but Marg is still in the capitol so they could meet.   If Griff & Co are smart they've already taken Aegon to the pillow houses in Lys to make him less likely to be swayed by seduction.   Arianne doesn't appear to have much beyond her appearance and title to offer.   She's an impulsive renegade but does appear to be more patient and playing a better game in the latest sample.  

Why doesn't Asha ever show up on the list of possible marriages for Aegon?      

On 31.7.2016. at 4:33 AM, Curled Finger said:

When it comes down to Quaithe's warnings to Dany you have to wonder why this ally would warn Dany off every single person who could help her, but says nothing of her creepy boyfriend (and creepy husband for that matter) or Jorah or Brown Ben Plumm or any number of people who have betrayed her.  Considering Dany is in Essos what is the point behind warning her off of all these Westerosi?   Even the Sons' Sun had no real designs on Dany personally, he just wanted to make his father proud by carrying out the mission.   Though stealing a dragon is pretty low, there was absolutely zero danger to Dany throughout her short association with him.  

As to Aegon I think Sansa is the most unlikely marriage.   She's in hiding and there is no way their paths will cross unless Little Finger wills it.  I can't see LF letting his key to the North go to anyone but himself.  I think Doran will demand a marriage between Aegon & Arianne if he finds out what became of Quentyn.   I don't think it's about being related because I doubt Doran will be fooled by the story, but if Aegon's campaign is successful he will want assurances before he supports the cause.  After reading events in The Forsaken, I'm not sure anyone from the Reach will be available for politics once that kraken leaves.   I think Aegon is more likely to go play at heroics in the Reach before he marches on Kings Landing, but Marg is still in the capitol so they could meet.   If Griff & Co are smart they've already taken Aegon to the pillow houses in Lys to make him less likely to be swayed by seduction.   Arianne doesn't appear to have much beyond her appearance and title to offer.   She's an impulsive renegade but does appear to be more patient and playing a better game in the latest sample.  

Why doesn't Asha ever show up on the list of possible marriages for Aegon?      

Agreed about Quaithe. 

Sansa is in no danger onceCersei is dead and Aegon is on IT. She will not be the key to the North for long time. Bran is, then Rickon and them Jon. LF has weird relationship with Sansa..  I just can't get in his head. He seems eager to marry Sansa to Harry (but I'm not ceetain if Harry can fall on his head on tourney after he marries Sansa and SR dies). If he really intended to marry her to Harry, he can do it with Aegon...for right price ofc, likely HH, wardenship of RR and being regent to SR.

Arianne is bad choise for Queen since she brings only 10k spears (he might get some like Yronwoods based on GC and Blackfyre). 

Oh I sure hope he will be resistant to her seduction. She has 10k spears to offer, but it is not enough, not nearly enough. Sansa could  bring much more, even Marge (though her reputation is problematic and fact that

Aegon will likely crush Mace

severe chances of Targaryen - Tyrell alliance. However Aegon can make alliance with other Lords and Faith would be pleased if he saves Oldtown.

Asha has little to bring. Part of their fleet at best, but he needs army more than he needs ships. Also he likely has captured some ships from Tarth and Estermont and will capture some more as war progresses.

On July 30, 2016 at 10:32 AM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I believe that they will keep hearing that Dany died just like Victarion did on his way to her and eventually they will loose faith and marry someone else.  Sansa, Margery, and Arrianne are all decent choices.

I don't see Sansa she is definitely the least likely. I just can't see LF giving her away.  

On August 1, 2016 at 7:16 AM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I don't see Sansa she is definitely the least likely. I just can't see LF giving her away.  

Well we know that LF expected/wanted more time with Cersei in control of Kings Landing in order to solidify his grip on the Vale and presumably the Riverlands as well.  LF has always adapted to changing environments, if Aegon takes the Stormlands, Reach, Crownlands, and Dorne, he will have to make a decision and offering Sansa may be the best decision available to him.

There is also the possibility that LF is not in charge to make the decision because Sansa has already taken him out.

Last is the list of champions at the tourny of Ashford in the 1st Dunk and Egg.  A Baratheon, a Lannister, an Aryn, a Hardying, and a Targaryen.  Joffrey, Tyrion, Robert, Harry, Aegon.

The fact that Quaithe warns Dany against the Sun's Son goes to show that her warnings are bullshit. Quentyn did nothing wrong and Dany had no reason to be wary of him. 

Also she has no way to discover his heritage, nor does anyone else. Even if he is a Blackfyre, that's a great marriage since he's still a dragon and has the right genetics for dragon riding. 

19 minutes ago, Lord Fauntleroy said:

The fact that Quaithe warns Dany against the Sun's Son goes to show that her warnings are bullshit. Quentyn did nothing wrong and Dany had no reason to be wary of him. 

Also she has no way to discover his heritage, nor does anyone else. Even if he is a Blackfyre, that's a great marriage since he's still a dragon and has the right genetics for dragon riding. 

Didn't Quentyn want to use her for his own purpose? 

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

Didn't Quentyn want to use her for his own purpose? 

Not really. The Martells wanted to marry her and be on her side when she invaded Westeros. It's in her best interest as well. He only tries to get one of her dragons to prove himself to her, he isn't even trying to use it against her like Euron wants to.

Archived