MLB 2016: Win for Vin

Myshkin

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 5:30 AM, GrimTuesday said:

Is there a more exciting team in baseball than the Mariners? To use a cliche, this team doesn't say die.

Cubs, Mets, Nationals, Blue Jays, Orioles, Royals, Indians, Tigers, Pirates, and even the Cardinals, Giants, and Dodgers all off the top of my head... :P

21 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

You jinxed them. Sanchez continues his tear.

Yep, I usually don't post in these threads specifically for that reason. It seems every time I post something, they imediately remember they are the Mariners and start being awful again.

19 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Cubs, Mets, Nationals, Blue Jays, Orioles, Royals, Indians, Tigers, Pirates, and even the Cardinals, Giants, and Dodgers all off the top of my head... :P

I guess you haven't been watching Mariners games.

17 hours ago, Triskan said:

The threesome of Cano, Cruz, and Seager is pretty fun to watch hit, Felix is still great, and the rest of the team is pretty good.  They're the odd team out right now but not too far out.  The Rangers are one of the biggest anomalies right now in that their +/- is right around even yet their record is so much better than that.  Maybe they'll have a collapse and Seattle can make a late push for the division.

Yeah, I was pretty worried about Felix at the end of last year and the beginning of this year before he went on the DL, but he's looked pretty good since then (a little too many walks, but they haven't hurt him too much yet). Pretty crazy to think that the Mariners 3-4-5 hitters will probably have at least 90 dingers when all is said and done.

3 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

I guess you haven't been watching Mariners games.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to watch Mariners games?

You asked if there was a more exciting team in baseball right now.  I gave you at least ten.  Virtually every one of which is more significant and more likely to have actual chances in October when all is said and done.

Just now, Jaxom 1974 said:

Why would anyone in their right mind want to watch Mariners games?

You asked if there was a more exciting team in baseball right now.  I gave you at least ten.  Virtually every one of which is more significant and more likely to have actual chances in October when all is said and done.

Man, you do realize that they are only 2 games out of the wild card, right? Obviously the series against the Yankees has been a bit of a set back, but they are right there, two above KC, only one game behind Detroit, certainly not irrelevant. I can't argue the teams that are winning their division, but they have the same record as the Cards, and are better than the Pirates and the Mets. The only team I'll admit is more exciting, is the Cubs, because they are having such a special year.

1 hour ago, GrimTuesday said:

Man, you do realize that they are only 2 games out of the wild card, right? Obviously the series against the Yankees has been a bit of a set back, but they are right there, two above KC, only one game behind Detroit, certainly not irrelevant. I can't argue the teams that are winning their division, but they have the same record as the Cards, and are better than the Pirates and the Mets. The only team I'll admit is more exciting, is the Cubs, because they are having such a special year.

Are they?  Still don't actually care that much.  Sorry.  It's the Mariners.  

13 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Are they?  Still don't actually care that much.  Sorry.  It's the Mariners.  

Yep, hence why they are so exciting. I couldn't blame you for not knowing, it's not like they have been relevant since early in the century, and they've kind of flown under the radar outside of the AL west until the last few weeks.

Man, why did I have to post in this thread, they just gave up a 3 run lead to the fucking White Sox. Kill me.

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Well...yeah...

Man, basically nothing goes right we the Mariners play the White Sox. They have a staggeringly bad record at Cellular field, and even when the Sox are bad, the M's find new and exciting ways to lose. Philip fucking Humber threw a perfect game against the Mariners, and he was awful (Mariners were too, but that isn't the point).

Archived