MLB 2016: Win for Vin

Myshkin

I was devastated when Oscar Taveras died in an accident a few years ago. I love reading up about minor league guys and international signings, and I'd been about as big a Taveras supporter as it got in his very brief career. I was a miserable mess about it, and will always wish he'd become the champion I expected him to be. I didn't know Fernandez the way I followed Taveras, but this is still a very dark day. Gonna be tough to watch baseball tonight.

Fernandez was such a superb talent, and seemed like a great clubhouse guy. What a loss for everyone.

3 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

We have Nats home game one and two. 

Culberson comes up to bat and MC says I wouldn't let him bat. Luckily Dave Roberts was managing today. 

Then you're gonna see Kershaw pitch. Tell him I said hi.

53 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Grats to Gobbo, Chef and Kair on your Dodger's nailing down the division. Methinks it's going to take a bit of Goblin magic for youse guys to get by the Cubbies, but I wish you luck all the same.

Gobbo%20King%20GIF_zpsznwmws90.gif

If the Dodgers play the Vile in the playoffs I will be rooting for the Dodgers with all my heart.  I can't believe St. Louis is still in the hunt.  Worst Cards team in a while.  But if we did make it it would feel like playing with house money.

3 minutes ago, Triskan said:

If the Dodgers play the Vile in the playoffs I will be rooting for the Dodgers with all my heart.  I can't believe St. Louis is still in the hunt.  Worst Cards team in a while.  But if we did make it it would feel like playing with house money.

I think your boys are the last team the Cubs want to see. Haven't they gone .500 against them this season, more or less?

21 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think your boys are the last team the Cubs want to see. Haven't they gone .500 against them this season, more or less?

Incredibly I think it's 9-9 but the Vile won 3 of 4 this weekend.  But that's crazy because every Cub start has an ERA in the 2's and every Cards starter has an ERA in the 4's (more or less).

Archived