MLB 2016: Win for Vin

Myshkin

On 9/26/2016 at 3:55 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You're precious. I hope all of your children have tiny dicks, even the girls. 

Dude 

On 9/25/2016 at 7:52 PM, Myshkin said:

Then you're gonna see Kershaw pitch. Tell him I said hi.

I will do better.  I will throw flowers his direction and scream 'we love you,  Clayton. '

On 9/26/2016 at 3:55 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You're precious. I hope all of your children have tiny dicks, even the girls. 

This is some top shelf hating right here, a real primer for playoff baseball :D.  Unfortunately the Buccos have shat themselves out of it, so I'm rooting for whoever opposes the cubs come next week.

43 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It's playoff time, baby. Bring your A game or GTFO.

well, your boys are hardly likely to make the playoffs so you will just be talking shit from a dark and painful place. fuck the giants, you know.

just last night i was sitting outside talking on the phone with dad as we were discussing our favorite part about winning the division at home on the legend vin scully's final home game and we moved onto a chat about potential wildcard teams. i told him i just have a bad taste about the cards and don't want them in the playoffs. my dad said 'no. fuck the giants. i don't want those fuckers in the playoffs. as much as i hate the cardinals, i hate the giants even more.' he went on to say he wished he had paid attention when he was a young boy and his father told him to hate the giants. our hating of your club goes back three generations. 

47 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

well, your boys are hardly likely to make the playoffs so you will just be talking shit from a dark and painful place. fuck the giants, you know.

I think they'll make it in.  The Giants have done their best to give that spot away, but the gents from St. Louis appear too classy to accept it.

Is that what's happening? I just can't believe how little heart this team has shown at home, during a vital series against a pretty crappy team. Tonights game already feels like 5-0 to me. Last night kicked the shit out of me. Has to have been the most upset I've been at a game in years, certainly a regular season game. I just have completely given up on this team, and I am usually a Cards-socks-til-the-end type.

(I should probably stop washing and re-wearing the same pair multiple times a week, it's clearly causing issues outside of my control).

Am I a terrible person for needing the Nats to finish ahead of the Dodgers so that we can see games 1 and 2 and see Kershaw, for sure for sure? Because if Los Doyers get home field, game 4 here in DC is on the same night I'm to see Adele. I know, right? 

2 hours ago, MercurialCannibal said:

just last night i was sitting outside talking on the phone with dad as we were discussing our favorite part about winning the division at home on the legend vin scully's final home game and we moved onto a chat about potential wildcard teams. i told him i just have a bad taste about the cards and don't want them in the playoffs. my dad said 'no. fuck the giants. i don't want those fuckers in the playoffs. as much as i hate the cardinals, i hate the giants even more.' he went on to say he wished he had paid attention when he was a young boy and his father told him to hate the giants. our hating of your club goes back three generations. 

That's the spirit. I inherited my Dodger's hate from my father and his fireman buddies. Some of my favorite baseball memories involve Giants vs Dodgers games out at Candlestick sitting with my dad and a group of his buddies. Foul mouth heathens all. Probably where I got some of my more colorful language from.

54 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Am I a terrible person for needing the Nats to finish ahead of the Dodgers so that we can see games 1 and 2 and see Kershaw, for sure for sure? Because if Los Doyers get home field, game 4 here in DC is on the same night I'm to see Adele. I know, right? 

Homefield in a 5 game set is pretty damn important...

This is one of the most fucked up things I've seen in baseball.

Red Sox up 3-0 on the Yankees in the bottom of the ninth. Word comes in that Baltimore beat Toronto so the Sox win the AL East before Kimbrel throws a pitch. Kimbrel walks three straight, including one to score, his relief gives up a grand slam to Texeira, and the Yankees celebrate in the middle of the field as the division winners slink off. Now seeing a somewhat awkward champagne celebration, the most sheepish donning of goggles ever.

Who's going to screw up a playoff series for the Red Sox? Price, Kimbrel, Farrell? Each of them is a more likely goat than Buchholz, which is amazing.

15 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

This is one of the most fucked up things I've seen in baseball.

Red Sox up 3-0 on the Yankees in the bottom of the ninth. Word comes in that Baltimore beat Toronto so the Sox win the AL East before Kimbrel throws a pitch. Kimbrel walks three straight, including one to score, his relief gives up a grand slam to Texeira, and the Yankees celebrate in the middle of the field as the division winners slink off. Now seeing a somewhat awkward champagne celebration, the most sheepish donning of goggles ever.

Who's going to screw up a playoff series for the Red Sox? Price, Kimbrel, Farrell? Each of them is a more likely goat than Buchholz, which is amazing.

It is more awkward for the Yankees, honestly. The Sox are going to have a great postseason. At least you have that. 

1 minute ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

It is more awkward for the Yankees, honestly. The Sox are going to have a great postseason. At least you have that. 

Very gracious, thank you -- unless you are trying to jinx them. ;) At least you have Gary Sanchez...

Archived