MLB 2016: Win for Vin

Myshkin

I dare you to say one goddamn thing about my thread title!

Also, Padres and Braves swap Matt Kemp and Hector Olivera. Meanwhile the Dodgers are laughing at both of them.

And the Padres have announced that they will immediately DFA Olivera as soon as he's activated from his suspension, making the trade purely about dumping roughly half of Kemp's remaining salary 

22 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Wow, I thought Miller was safe. Hate to see him go as he has been incredible but love getting the prospects.

Me too. It's about time the Yankees are doing something to build a farm system for the future. I'm so tired of the buy old guy for ridiculous amount of money and watch them flame out. Glad they're getting rid of closers for prospects and from what I've seen, the 3 main guys they've got for Chapman/Miller are top class.

43 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Wow, I thought Miller was safe. Hate to see him go as he has been incredible but love getting the prospects.

21 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Me too. It's about time the Yankees are doing something to build a farm system for the future. I'm so tired of the buy old guy for ridiculous amount of money and watch them flame out. Glad they're getting rid of closers for prospects and from what I've seen, the 3 main guys they've got for Chapman/Miller are top class.

A friend of mine is pissed they "gave up". He doesn't understand that the game has changed and that this is the way. 

The Red Sox, Cubs and a few others have got it right. Build from within and spend big money on the missing piece. 

He thinks they should immediately lower their ticket prices.  

15 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

A friend of mine is pissed they "gave up". He doesn't understand that the game has changed and that this is the way. 

The Red Sox, Cubs and a few others have got it right. Build from within and spend big money on the missing piece. 

I'm so happy they gave up. I've been wanting this for years. 

Another good trade for the Yanks, but rumor was the Nats were offering Lucas Giolito for Miller. Is the package they got better than that? Giolito is the top pitching prospect in baseball right now, ranked even above Julio Urias.

Yeah, I still think it's a good trade for them. And as someone else said in the last thread, it's a scary thing when the Yanks actually start making smart moves rather than just dropping cash.

And to bring this thread back around to where it started, Yasmani Grandal, the big piece we got back for Matt Kemp, is on fire right now. He had a bad first half, but he's been lighting it up lately.

3 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Another good trade for the Yanks, but rumor was the Nats were offering Lucas Giolito for Miller. Is the package they got better than that? Giolito is the top pitching prospect in baseball right now, ranked even above Julio Urias.

Yeah, one of the first things I thought of when this Miller trade went down was the Giolito rumors. Seems kind of odd to pass on a 6 foot 6 top pitching prospect, if the rumors are to be believed. Maybe they just wanted a stud ginger of their own in Frazier.

The Tigers have suddenly won 8 straight and have now pulled even with the Red Sox fighting over the last AL WC slot currently. Tonights win over the White Sox was particularly dramatic as J D Mart launched a gamewinning HR Off Sale on his first pitch after being on the DL since June. Guys seen one pitch since June and takes it Yard, gonna love having his bat back for the fall chase!

Archived