MLB 2016: Win for Vin

Myshkin

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

Very gracious, unless you are trying to jinx them. ;) At least you have Gary Sanchez...

No jinx intended, I'm being sincere. I have a lot of respect for the Red Sox. If the Yankees can't win the World Series I'd be happy if the Red Sox did. 

The future of the Yankees looks bright. It looks like the Yankees/Rex Sox will be restored to its rightful place in the world.  

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

No jinx intended, I'm being sincere. I have a lot of respect for the Red Sox. If the Yankees can't win the World Series I'd be happy if the Red Sox did. 

The future of the Yankees looks bright. It looks like the Yankees/Rex Sox will be restored to its rightful place in the world.  

I don't know how I feel about the only other Yankee fan here not being a Red Sox hater. It's unnatural.

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Cheers! It does feel like more is right in the world when the rivalry is competitive and both teams are doing well.

Blue Jays need to stomp the dirty Orioles tommorrow. Tigers need to gain one more game on em to steal that last WC slot!

As the reg season is winding down i'm having great appreciation for the 2016 play from 3 veterans who showed they could still bring it with the best of them, including most of the younger up and coming guys in their prime or coming into those prime years. Its been great seeing these 3 play at an AllStar level one more time, one more time because with pro athletes on the downside of 30 yrs of age we never know when they will flame out. We cant take for granted when the greatness will fade. So im so grateful to not only Big Papi who will be retiring after these playoffs, but also for the great seasons Miguel Cabrera and Justin Verlander were able to put together. Hopefully they can stay great for a few more years, but like with Prince Fielder, you never know when it can all just suddenly end.

I'm just enjoying it while it lasts and maybe with a little luck I could see all 3 against each other in the playoffs. If Detroit can catch the dirty Orioles that is.........Go Blue Jays tommorow! 

12 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Your boys shouldn't get all pissy when Donaldson gets barely clipped on his elbow guard.  Absolutely no reason to throw at Headley twice that next inning. 

Yeah, tbh I think in isolation it was an overreaction. But you gotta know JD's been thrown all year, dinged up more times than I can count, and from what I hear it was a spontaneous thing. But, yeah, ultimately stupid. We lost our lead off hitter/2nd baseman and the only Rh reliever who hasn't been getting hammered since August. 

8 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

I don't know how I feel about the only other Yankee fan here not being a Red Sox hater. It's unnatural.

I enjoy banter but don't hate them deep in my heart. I save that for other teams. 

3 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Your boys shouldn't get all pissy when Donaldson gets barely clipped on his elbow guard.  Absolutely no reason to throw at Headley twice that next inning. 

Not even that, he leaves his elbow practically hanging over the plate and then Severino becomes the asshole for hitting him. 

7 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Cheers! It does feel like more is right in the world when the rivalry is competitive and both teams are doing well.

When one team is weaker than the other it is no fun. Once more of the Yankees young guys are up it will be fun to argue about who is better than who. 

And with Major League Baseball fixing to play in London it would be glorious if both teams were at the top of their game and were chosen. 

Last night, in his last game in the Bronx, David Ortiz got a standing O and a leather-bound book of letters from past Yankees. I don't think it's possible to use the word "classy" in an un-ironic way in this thread, so I'll simply say that's a very elegant and thoughtful gesture on the part of the Yankee organization.

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Last night, in his last game in the Bronx, David Ortiz got a standing O and a leather-bound book of letters from past Yankees. I don't think it's possible to use the word "classy" in an un-ironic way in this thread, so I'll simply say that's a very elegant and thoughtful gesture on the part of the Yankee organization.

Was he mooned? This farewell to NY is also thoughtful and generally great. 

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/david-ortiz-thanks-for-the-memories-new-york/

5 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I had no doubts that he was going to get the send off he deserved.  He was a thorn in my side for a long time but I'm going to miss him.  

Archived