MLB 2016: Win for Vin

Myshkin

Indians on notice: Man eating Tigers are stalking!

Tigers now have won 10 of 11 and are only 2 games out from overtaking a evil Cleveland roster full of dubious repute and all around bad influences.

Unfortunately one of our starting pitchers (Zimmerman) and our starting 3B (Castellanos) both just went on the DL. So we got J. D. Mart back this week but we lost 2 starters in the same time period. Hopefully the team can stay hot though and everyone can be healthy by the fall. The AL Central will be a fun Pennant race in Sept/Oct. 

57 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

A rod is scum. He is one of those terrible dark spots on a sport I have loved my whole life. He should just go the fuck away. But it is somehow fitting that he continues to foul the yanks with his shameful presense. Fuck him. 

I'm glad it's over. Unfortunately this was the only way get rid of him. I imagine he might be around at spring training and that's it. As long as it gets him off the books I'm all for it. 

11 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Take a bow Mr Suzuki, 3000 in the MLB and no distracting debate over the Japan vs MLB hit  totals for this milestone.

A little more on this and how remarkable Ichiro's career has been. If he retires this year he will finish having averaged around 190 hits a season. That total is far and away the highest for any member of the 3000 club. He would also be retiring as a 3000 hit member who played the fewest seasons (16) in MLB history.

Additionally Suzuki had over 500 SB's, a .314 career avg, .390 OBP, 10 Gold Gloves, was a ROY a MVP and a AllStar MVP, a multi season AllStar selection, a multi season league leader in several categories including Hits, Avg, OBP, SB's, Runs, etc.

The superlatives just go on and on and on.

If Ichiro isnt first ballot Cooperstown they should just strip the Writers Assoc of their voting credentials or collectively have their hands chopped off or something.

Archived