How to deal with the villains?

10 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

I expect the number of the Dothraki to be drastically reduced in the coming wars. Those back in the Dothraki Sea (if any remain there) might rediscover their old way of life in the decades to come, but those going with Dany to Westeros and surviving there will likely adapt to the way of life there.

The Ironborn and wildlings are likely going to drastically reduced in numbers, too. Euron's wars and the first real attacks on the Wall by the Others will see to that. And with them their ways of life will pretty much die. If Asha ends up in charge of the Ironborn in the end - which is not unlikely - it will be the final nail in the coffin of the Old Way...

The essence of this would be that the solution lies in the drastic reduction of numbers of the 'offensive' population. The problem now is, if this is to be accepted as the effective solution, whether "the end justifies the means" and if yes, to what extent.

(Just to clarify, I do not believe that this is the solution in anyway. Societal vacuums tend to get filled one way or another; if no alternative to, e.g., slavery in Essos is proposed, tried and become functional soon enough, then someone else will simply take the place of the Dothraki in the chain of the slavery system.)

The Ironborn are proud damage makers, but take away the southern false chivalry, songs about false knights, ghost-warriors and false maiden's praise, over-rated northern honour and loyalty, I don't see how they are different.

See why the war happened and its aftermath. If you don't admit that you are a savage who hides under family duties, honour or legacy, it just means you're a hypocrite, not better than the Ironborn. 

On the other factions, how do you expect them to adjust to 21 century, when it doesn't exist in their World? It's not even a medieval story, it's a fantasy story. 

Archived