20th Anniversary Edition of A Game of Thrones

Probably will because I am a sap for good artwork :dunno:. I have all the main books and the novellas in whatever hardcover or bulk print and on Audible, but I still purchased the Knights in Seven Kingdoms because of the artwork. 

However, my wish would be for another certain book first. 

I'm getting it. I've liked the drawings in the recent releases of The Ice Dragon and Kot7K.

Also it's something to keep in nice condition and have GRRM sign if I ever get him to sign anything. The copies I have for reading are pretty bent up.

3 minutes ago, Kienn said:

I'm getting it. I've liked the drawings in the recent releases of The Ice Dragon and Kot7K.

Also it's something to keep in nice condition and have GRRM sign if I ever get him to sign anything. The copies I have for reading are pretty bent up.

I had George sign my copy of Knight/Seven Kingdoms on the one page where we have the only picture of Bloodraven :wub: shown in any books (so far). That page is my pride and joy now. 

1 minute ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I'll probably wait on deciding until someone has posted the pictures online so I can see if I like them or not.

But I have to say I'm already tempted. I just love pretty books!

Here is a link with more info 

http://grrm.livejournal.com/496185.html

I don't think it's a smart idea, unless you want to collect all the editions. What is the point of having really expensive collection of 5/7 books of book series 

When the subsequent books come out, I doubt they are going to print them in the same format as the additions, and if there is a box it would be futile anyway.

Also big issue is if you don't keep those books in Vatican Archives level of conditions those books are going to yellow slightly (and get worn out if you ever decide to open them) so they can't possibly look as matched to later printed additions (which probably won't happen)

I never understood this buying of ASOIAF premium editions while the series are unfinished. When it is done then maybe I will get a collection if they really do something special like golden lettering on velum dyed Tyrian purple :D

Nah, don't listen to me, whatever rocks your boat, it's your money to spend.

Archived