Poll: Top 6 characters

delspark

1. Jon or Tyrion depending on the chapter

2. Dany

3. Arya

4. Bran

5. Sansa

My first read through I hated the Arya chapters.  They were just so implausible as to be nearly unreadable.  The show actually helped that character a lot with the casting and aging her up.  

Jon and Tyrion frequently swap places depending on the chapter I just read.  

1. Arya Stark

2. Jon Snow

3. Sansa Stark

4. Bran Stark

5. Daenerys Targaryen

6. Tyrion Lannister

(that's about liking the characters. When it comes to chapters I like to read it would be another order, and depends on the book. For example I find Tyrion chapters very interesting to read, but I don't like him.)

In no particular order (and subject to change depending on mood)

1) Robert

2) Jamie

3) Tyrion

4) Marwyn

5) The Hound

6) Maester Aemon

Honorable Mention Goes To Sansa. I don't like her per se. What I like about her is how GRRM turns her into the reader in a sense. She is young an immature and believes in all sorts of fantasy tropes and then Eddard Stark's head is unceremoniously removed from his shoulders by a minor knight, with his own great sword, at the word of a child bastard king and all of a sudden she is thrown into a new world that is darker, grittier and more real than she ever imagined and realized how her old fantasy tropes were silly.

6 hours ago, delspark said:

Who is your most favourite and least favourite character among:

1. Daenerys Targaryen

2. Jon Snow

3. Tyrion Lannister

4. Bran Stark

5. Arya Stark

6. Sansa Stark

1) Arya 

2) Jon

3) Bran

4) Tyrion

5) Sansa 

6) Daenerys

1. Arya

2. Bran

3. Tyrion

4. Jon

5. Sansa

6. Daenerys

That is the order based on the list the OP provided. I'm not mentally prepared figure out my favorite characters, overall, and then put them in order. It also depends on the chapter, like Lurid Jester said. And there are some characters I like, whose chapters I find less interesting, like Catelyn Stark. Or sometimes it is reversed.

For example: Sansa's last chapter in A Storm Of Swords (the one where Lysa learns that Petyr has only loved one women,) is probably my favorite chapter in the whole series, but Sansa is far from my favorite character.

Anyway...

I do want to go on record saying that if i did manage to put down a list of my all time favorites, Varys would most definitely be in the top three, and maybe number one.

Archived