Poll: Top 6 characters

delspark

1. Arya

2. Tyrion

I really like Arya, Tyrion is amusing, complex character superbly written always in the thick of most interesting things but I don't really like him that much. I am middle of the road for the next four, sometimes I like them sometimes I don't with Daenerys being most irritating one of late.

3. Jon

4. Bran

5. Sansa

6. Daenerys

10 hours ago, YOVMO said:

In no particular order (and subject to change depending on mood)

1) Robert

2) Jamie

3) Tyrion

4) Marwyn

5) The Hound

6) Maester Aemon

Honorable Mention Goes To Sansa. I don't like her per se. What I like about her is how GRRM turns her into the reader in a sense. She is young an immature and believes in all sorts of fantasy tropes and then Eddard Stark's head is unceremoniously removed from his shoulders by a minor knight, with his own great sword, at the word of a child bastard king and all of a sudden she is thrown into a new world that is darker, grittier and more real than she ever imagined and realized how her old fantasy tropes were silly.

Surely the reader got that when the noble Jaime, a handsome knight who looked every inch what a king should be to the impressionable young Jon Snow, was caught banging his sister, the Queen, by a six year old child who dreamed of being a knight who he then threw out a tower window.  Which would make your favourite character.......Bran?

Anyway, on topic

1=) Dany and Jon - can't choose between them

3) Tyrion (pre-Essos at any rate)

4) Sansa

5) Bran

6) Arya

But I like all of them so that list is pretty hard.  Only easy choice is Arya last: that girl is killing too many people out of convenience or anger rather than necessity for my liking (Daeron, the Braavosi merchant, the Bolton guard at HH off the top of my head).

11 hours ago, YOVMO said:

In no particular order (and subject to change depending on mood)

1) Robert

2) Jamie

3) Tyrion

4) Marwyn

5) The Hound

6) Maester Aemon

A true stag right here, not caring about the OP's selected characters for the poll, it's not disrespect nor lack of attention, it's Bobby B the King of the Andals, Rhyonar and the First Men Lord of the 7 Kingdoms and protector of the Realm, Demon of the Trident and your Mothers and Sisters, the Laughing Storm yet again, blood of the goddess Elenei and old Valyria... i´ll shut up now... BOW YOU #$%&

1) Tyrion Lannister

2) Arya Stark

3) Sansa Stark

4) Jon Snow

5) Bran Stark

6) Daenerys Targaryen

While I'm not sure why the discussion is being limited to these six, there it is. If you want some real in depth number crunching to character favorites search for a thread by Busturd from last year.

1. Tyrion Lannister

2. Arya Stark

3. Sansa Stark

4. Bran Stark

5. Jon Snow

6. Daenerys Targaryen

Actually 5. and 6. are interchangable.

It would be interesting if the OP made a chart in the end: 6 points every time a character is n. 1, 5 points when n. 2 etc.. It would be interesting to see how this six rank.

Btw, only 2-3 of these would be in my top6 if we were given the chance to pick whatever character we wanted.

5 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

1) Tyrion Lannister

2) Arya Stark

3) Sansa Stark

4) Jon Snow

5) Bran Stark

6) Daenerys Targaryen

While I'm not sure why the discussion is being limited to these six, there it is. If you want some real in depth number crunching to character favorites search for a thread by Busturd from last year.

this is almost ideantical to mine and I didn't even read the previous answers

14 minutes ago, Elisabetta Duò said:

It would be interesting if the OP made a chart in the end: 6 points every time a character is n. 1, 5 points when n. 2 etc.. It would be interesting to see how this six rank.

Btw, only 2-3 of these would be in my top6 if we were given the chance to pick whatever character we wanted.

Here's the thread I was speaking of from last year, it includes a point system similar to what you mentioned. While the top ten or so are somewhat predictable, it's interesting nonetheless.

Archived