Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

So damn close for that last playoff spot.

Mudguard was probably saved from Jaxoming this week leaving Greywater Greenseers, Eyrie Mavericks, The Night's Ponies, Harlaw Scythes left for two relegation spots with Hugor's Apes.

Aside from myself, I think I'm rooting for a relegation team to win the league. Seems appropriate considering this election season.

Dreadfort Direwolves are a team that seems very likely to be boom or bust.  Heavily depends on QB and one QB/WR combo.  Such a team can go from 200 one week to 100 the next very easily.

Besides, they face mighty Harlaw in week 13 and such a fearsome foe makes teams tremble in the locker room, fearing to take the field.  Except for this week when they stunk it up big time.

57 minutes ago, Week said:

So damn close for that last playoff spot.

Mudguard was probably saved from Jaxoming this week leaving Greywater Greenseers, Eyrie Mavericks, The Night's Ponies, Harlaw Scythes left for two relegation spots with Hugor's Apes.

Aside from myself, I think I'm rooting for a relegation team to win the league. Seems appropriate considering this election season.

I guess I'm confused how I'm in that grouping. Mind you, I'm confused about a lot lately. 

25 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

I guess I'm confused how I'm in that grouping. Mind you, I'm confused about a lot lately. 

Power Rankings - I think that typically the bottom 3 are relegated.

19 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Bottom 3 if they do not make the playoffs.  If you make the playoffs, you are safe. 

Really? I don't remember seeing it before. Makes reasonable sense though.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

Bottom 3 if they do not make the playoffs.  If you make the playoffs, you are safe. 

This is correct. To be honest power rankings only truly matters to one team in this league - the one of the four teams who misses the playoffs but doesn't get booted due to having the superior power ranking of the four. It's like a "get out of jail free" card for the frequent scenario where there's a good team who's just unlucky. 

For the rest of us, it's just an interesting gauge of relative team strength and who's been lucky/unlucky etc. 

Hugor is Jaxomed.

Barring an insane game by Rodgers and Jordy Nelson, Mudguard, POTN, Jace and I are vying for one playoff slot, one non-Jaxomed slot and two Jaxoms (barring winning elsewhere).
Jaime/Groz/WJ/Sarah and Week are in the playoffs. 

The winner of WJ/Sarah tonight will clinch a first round bye in the playoffs.

32 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

This is correct. To be honest power rankings only truly matters to one team in this league - the one of the four teams who misses the playoffs but doesn't get booted due to having the superior power ranking of the four. It's like a "get out of jail free" card for the frequent scenario where there's a good team who's just unlucky. 

For the rest of us, it's just an interesting gauge of relative team strength and who's been lucky/unlucky etc. 

20 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Hugor is Jaxomed.

Barring an insane game by Rodgers and Jordy Nelson, Mudguard, POTN, Jace and I are vying for one playoff slot, one non-Jaxomed slot and two Jaxoms (barring winning elsewhere).
Jaime/Groz/WJ/Sarah and Week are in the playoffs. 

The winner of WJ/Sarah tonight will clinch a first round bye in the playoffs.

I am truly the prettiest princess this year. 

32 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

I want pics.

7 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Will say one thing.  I bet my disney princess knowledge absolutely destroys everyone else in this league. 

Picsplz!

...and tonight, good luck to the combatants!

8 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Will say one thing.  I bet my disney princess knowledge absolutely destroys everyone else in this league. 

You know it's Week 12 in Experts when the trashtalk really starts getting out of hand. 

27 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Just because I have sons doesn't mean I won't smoke you in some Disney princess trivia. 

Also, MWAH. 

Archived