Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

No one picks like The Jack

Makes waiver grabs as quick as The Jack

No one's Disney Princess knowledge is nearly half as thick as The Jack's

I feel like I should know what that's from. 

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

I feel like I should know what that's from. 

Don't make me pull out my picture of me in the Disney store holding the Gaston doll.

And Jaime,

What can I say, You're Welcome.
Leaving Davante Adams on my bench
It's OK, OK
You're Welcome

1 minute ago, grozeng said:

And Jaime,

What can I say, You're Welcome.
Leaving Davante Adams on my bench
It's OK, OK
You're Welcome

Considering the 136 points on my bench, why don't we just call it even? :P

7 minutes ago, grozeng said:

We saw Moana this weekend and that song is being sung throughout my house now.

This one I actually looked up. I'm now ready for any other disney movies y'all throw at me.

But I couldn't resist the opportunity to justifiably groz to Groz himself. 

Week 12 Power Rankings:

1) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 74-34 
2) Brax Tantivy - 73-35
3) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 66-42 
4) Coldwater Behemoths - 61-47
5) Dreadfort Direwolves - 54-54 
6) Greywater Greenseers - 50-58  
7) Eyrie Mavericks - 48-60 
8) The Night's Ponies - 47-61 
9) Harlaw Scythes - 46-62 
10) Dreadfort TraderApes - 21-87 

Week 12 Records:

1) Eyrie Mavericks - 9-3 
2) Brax Tantivy - 8-4
3) Coldwater Behemoths - 8-4
4) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 7-5
5) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 7-5
6) Greywater Greenseers - 6-6
7) Dreadfort Direwolves - 5-7
8) The Night's Ponies - 5-7
9) Harlaw Scythes - 5-7
10) Dreadfort TraderApes - 0-12

Byes:
1. Eyrie Mavericks 
2. Coldwater Behemoths or Brax Tantivy (whoever wins their Week 13 matchup)

Also In Playoffs:
4. Horn Hill Ser Piggies 
5. Riverrun Cobra Kai

Competing for Final Playoff Spot (*Deep Breath*):
6. Greywater Greenseers (1,685.52 points) if they beat the Eyrie Mavericks in Week 13 OR The Night's Ponies (1,697.24 points) AND Dreadfort Direwolves (1,694.64 points) AND the Harlaw Scythes (1,653.54 points) all either lose or they manage to outscore any of the winners. 

The Night's Ponies get the spot if:
        1) The Greywater Greenseers lose AND
        2) They beat the Horn Hill Ser Piggies AND are not outscored by the Greywater Greenseers by 11.68 points. AND
        3) The Dreadfort Direwolves either loses OR wins but The Night's Ponies outscores them in Week 13. AND
        4) The Harlaw Scythes either loses OR wins but The Night's Ponies aren't outscored by 43.7 points

The Dreadfort Direwolves get the spot if:
      2) They beat the Harlaw Scythes AND are not outscored by the Greywater Greenseers by 9.12 points AND
      3) The Night's Ponies either lose OR win but the Dreadfort Direwolves outscore them by 1.72 points 

The Harlaw Scythes get the spot if: 
      2) They beat the Dreadfort Direwolves AND outscore the Greywater Greenseers by 31.98 points. AND
      3) The Night's Ponies either lose OR win but the Harlaw Scythes outscore them by 43.7 points. 

Jaxoming Zone (Top 3 Are Out):
#1 - Dreadfort TraderApes - No chance to be saved.
#2 - Harlaw Scythes (if they miss the playoffs) - Only one slim hope: put up a monster score but lose to the Dreadfort Direwolves and pray the Greywater Greenseers loses too. If they put up a monster score and beat the Dreadfort Direwolves...they've engineered their own destruction as the Dreadfort Direwolves are then in the Jaxom zone and it's basically impossible to make up 8 games in the power rankings in a single week. 
#3 - The Night's Ponies (if they miss the playoffs) -Only hope is if they outscore the Harlaw Scythes AND the Greywater Greenseers also miss the playoffs AND they finish 3 spots ahead of them in the Week 13 power rankings. 
#4 - Greywater Greenseers (if they miss the playoffs) - In danger if they lose AND the Dreadfort Direwolves also miss the playoffs. Otherwise their only remaining hope is to outscore the Harlaw Scythes/The Night's Ponies AND outscore the Dreadfort Direwolves by 4+ spots in the Week 13 power rankings despite losing. 
#5 - Dreadfort Direwolves (if they miss the playoffs) - Only if everything goes wrong in Week 13 (i.e.: they lose, the Greywater Greenseers also miss the playoffs but somehow finish 4+ spots ahead of them in the week 13 power rankings).

---------------------

TL;DR

Basically all hell breaks loose if the Greywater Greenseers lose. If not, there's virtually no drama for the last playoff spot or in terms of who's getting Jaxomed.

(and in retrospect I should've never undertaken this exercise) 

6 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Week 12 Power Rankings:

1) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 75-33 
2) Brax Tantivy - 72-36 

Week 12 Records:

1) Eyrie Mavericks - 9-3 
2) Brax Tantivy - 8-4
9) Harlaw Scythes - 5-7

Byes:
1. Eyrie Mavericks 

Also In Playoffs:
4. Horn Hill Ser Piggies 
5. Riverrun Cobra Kai

6. Greywater Greenseers (1,685.72 points) if they beat the Eyrie Mavericks in Week 13 OR The Night's Ponies (1,695.84 points) AND Dreadfort Direwolves (1,694.64 points) lose AND the Harlaw Scythes (1,653.54 points) lose. 

2) They beat the Horn Hill Ser Piggies AND are not outscored by the Greywater Greenseers by 10.12 points. AND
        3) The Dreadfort Direwolves either loses OR wins but The Night's Ponies outscores them in Week 13. AND
        4) The Harlaw Scythes either loses OR wins but The Night's Ponies aren't outscored by 42.3 points

2) They beat the Harlaw Scythes AND are not outscored by the Greywater Greenseers by 8.92 points AND
      3) The Night's Ponies either lose OR win but the Dreadfort Direwolves outscore them by 1.2 points 

2) They beat the Dreadfort Direwolves AND outscore the Greywater Greenseers by 32.18 points. AND
      3) The Night's Ponies either lose OR win but the Harlaw Scythes outscore them by 42.3 points. 

#2 - Harlaw Scythes (if they miss the playoffs) - Only one slim hope: put up a monster score but lose to the Dreadfort Direwolves and pray the Greywater Greenseers loses too. If they put up a monster score and beat the Dreadfort Direwolves...they've engineered their own destruction as the Dreadfort Direwolves are then in the Jaxom zone and it's basically impossible to make up 8 games in the power rankings in a single week. 
#3 - The Night's Ponies (if they miss the playoffs) -Only hope is if they outscore the Harlaw Scythes AND the Greywater Greenseers also miss the playoffs AND they finish 3 spots ahead of them in the Week 13 power rankings. 
#4 - Greywater Greenseers (if they miss the playoffs) - In danger if they lose AND the Dreadfort Direwolves also miss the playoffs. Otherwise their only remaining hope is to outscore the Harlaw Scythes/The Night's Ponies AND outscore the Dreadfort Direwolves by 4+ spots in the Week 13 power rankings despite losing. 
#5 - Dreadfort Direwolves (if they miss the playoffs) - Only if everything goes wrong in Week 13 (i.e.: they lose, the Greywater Greenseers also miss the playoffs but somehow finish 4+ spots ahead of them in the week 13 power rankings).

---------------------

TL;DR

Basically all hell breaks loose if the Greywater Greenseers lose. If not, there's virtually no drama for the last playoff spot or in terms of who's getting Jaxomed.

I love it, commish.

5 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Week 12 Power Rankings:

1) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 75-33 
2) Brax Tantivy - 72-36 

Week 12 Records:

1) Eyrie Mavericks - 9-3 
2) Brax Tantivy - 8-4
9) Harlaw Scythes - 5-7

Byes:
1. Eyrie Mavericks 

Also In Playoffs:
4. Horn Hill Ser Piggies 
5. Riverrun Cobra Kai

6. Greywater Greenseers (1,685.72 points) if they beat the Eyrie Mavericks in Week 13 OR The Night's Ponies (1,695.84 points) AND Dreadfort Direwolves (1,694.64 points) AND the Harlaw Scythes (1,653.54 points) all either lose or they manage to outscore any of the winners. 

2) They beat the Horn Hill Ser Piggies AND are not outscored by the Greywater Greenseers by 10.12 points. AND
        4) The Harlaw Scythes either loses OR wins but The Night's Ponies aren't outscored by 42.3 points

2) They beat the Harlaw Scythes AND are not outscored by the Greywater Greenseers by 8.92 points AND
      3) The Night's Ponies either lose OR win but the Dreadfort Direwolves outscore them by 1.2 points 

2) They beat the Dreadfort Direwolves AND outscore the Greywater Greenseers by 32.18 points. AND
      3) The Night's Ponies either lose OR win but the Harlaw Scythes outscore them by 42.3 points. 

---------------------

TL;DR

Thanks for the breakdown.  Looks like a bunch of us are rooting for the Eyrie Mavericks this week!  The last playoff spot could be decided in a 3 way tiebreaker, which would be awesome.

Thanks for breaking it down.  Mudguard came up huge this week when it really mattered.   Hoping he's shot his wad and this week is the time for Harlaw to lay down two hundred.

And congrats to the players whose teams actually performed.  I feel my downfall was that I was never able to resolve my TE questions after trading Bennett.

Thanks guys. Really enjoy how engaged this Experts League is this year both in terms of commentary and the number of trades - it's a damn shame anyone has to be Jaxomed because it's a good group. I'll be rooting for the Jaxomees to be saved in other leagues.

One more note: The typical mark of having a great Experts team is reaching the 2,000 point plateau. In the 10 year history of this league, only 19 teams out of 100 have gotten there. Groz and Week will definitely reach it this year, so congrats to them both.

The next level is reaching 2,100 points. Only 5 teams have reached that level in the past. It requires scoring 162+ points a week which really ain't easy. If Week scores 125 and Groz scores 164, they'll both get there as well.

15 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

ETA: So if I win and set monster numbers I am in?

No, you don't control your own destiny. You need POTN to lose and you need to put up a monster winning score to make the playoffs. 

22 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I was wondering if you woke suddenly in the middle of the night wondering why, never suspecting it was because Gaston was being paraphrased in the Experts thread.

LOL.  

Never forget. 

53 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

Jaim,  thanks for figuring out the nitty gritty and being an awesome commish. 

Also, sorry I was kind of offline for a lot of this season. Starting a new career does that to a girl. 

Nah, don't be sorry. A ) Real life always trumps something as silly as this and B ) you've popped in every now and then over the last few months which is great. 

You put together a nice little season. And now you have 3 teams rooting hard for you in week 13 to boot. 

2 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I was wondering if you woke suddenly in the middle of the night wondering why, never suspecting it was because Gaston was being paraphrased in the Experts thread.

That song is so easy to pervert. For instance, if you want to get nasty you could go with a little something like this...

No one fucks like Gaston

No one sucks like Gaston

No one fists the living shit out of ducks like Gaston.

That's right, the name's Janet. Miss Jackson if you're nasty.

Archived