Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

Excited to keep a close eye on POTN v Mya. Not much going on for either of them on Thursday unless Dan Bailey pops off. Had they played last week, Mya would have won by 0.5 points - razor thin margin. 

Good luck all!

(other than WJ - I would like a bye plz)

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:58 AM, Jaime L said:

[snip]

TL;DR

Basically all hell breaks loose if the Greywater Greenseers lose. If not, there's virtually no drama for the last playoff spot or in terms of who's getting Jaxomed.

(and in retrospect I should've never undertaken this exercise) 

Dayum!  Thanks, Jaime!  Sorry I didn't see this earlier but I'm away from home at conference right now.  Well, here's where we all really get to find out if the Greenseers' desperation trade for Cousins will pay off and if we didn't lose too much in the WR position?  At any rate, it's always fun to have things still be interesting down to the wire!  Possibly making the playoffs OR maybe getting booted right out of the league all riding on one week!:P 

10 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Or in other words, both WJ and I are looking for TEs :)

Seriously though, I need a TE.  Willing to deal a WR.

I don't even really have any anything to trade at this point.  All of my depth has been destroyed by injuries, so not much I can do unless somebody is really dying for a WR3 or wants to stash Charles Sims on the bench.

I have some depth at WR and RB and it would solve my problem of always starting the wrong person, but I would need a top TE back for one of my RBs.

Last week I did the same thing I always do where I moved out Walford and Adams 20 minutes before the first game and lost.  I would probably be safer with no depth because I obviously can't make the right roster decisions on my own

Looks like the playoffs are going to come down to POTN vs. Bronn.

Bronn needs the following to happen to get in -

1) Seattle DEF scores more than 9.22 points; and
2) Cam + NY Jets DEF combine to score more than 48.92 points

Pretty unlikely, especially given Cam's matchup.  But not quite impossible.

On 11/30/2016 at 10:29 AM, Week said:

Excited to keep a close eye on POTN v Mya. Not much going on for either of them on Thursday unless Dan Bailey pops off. Had they played last week, Mya would have won by 0.5 points - razor thin margin. 

Good luck all!

(other than WJ - I would like a bye plz)

3 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Looks like the playoffs are going to come down to POTN vs. Bronn.

Bronn needs the following to happen to get in -

1) Seattle DEF scores more than 9.22 points; and
2) Cam + NY Jets DEF combine to score more than 48.92 points

Pretty unlikely, especially given Cam's matchup.  But not quite impossible.

Yep.  It's gonna be tight no matter what happens!  I'd be chewing my nails...if I had any left!:P

Also, if current Yahoo projections hold, then Mudguard would be saved and the non-playoff team from Bronn and POTN would be Jaxomed.

But its super close (i.e. Mudguard is currently only projected to finish 1 game ahead of POTN and 3 games ahead of Bronn), and if a couple of teams end up higher or lower than their projections, that could easily change.

Yeah.  I was trying to get Graham and should have picked him up when I saw those talks were going nowhere.  I was going to message you when I saw he was there to tell you to pick him up, so I was at least glad to see you got him when I did not :)

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Also, if current Yahoo projections hold, then Mudguard would be saved and the non-playoff team from Bronn and POTN would be Jaxomed.

But its super close (i.e. Mudguard is currently only projected to finish 1 game ahead of POTN and 3 games ahead of Bronn), and if a couple of teams end up higher or lower than their projections, that could easily change.

Wow!  Definitely close enough that a stat adjustment could still make all the difference:mellow:

i couldn't hold five tight ends and I knew that whichever one I cut would be the one to go off this week.  All moot I suspect.  POTN scored enough to where I was unlikely to win the tiebreaker regardless of my lineup.

On well.  Got it much closer that it was suggested I could a few weeks ago.

Still look to be heading for byes in Westeros C and Dynasty and playoffs in Thunderdome and Westeros A.

I might be back!

Archived