Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

Jay-me... I want to tell you something... Tonight, the Fantasy people have spoken by selecting me as your winner of the ex perts league. Crooked Mudgard is attempting to steal this selection, even though I would have won! IF not for dozens of undocumented points, I would have won the powerful rank as easily as I won the recordial in college! I mean, you look at quarterbacks! I am winning so much with quarterbacks, and trades! Jay-ME is killing us on trade! We're losing at the WR, and our defense budget is a joke! The league has been run by- we don't even know this guy! And Whiskey Jack is a great commissioner, in the A league. I mean you look at what he's done! He's an effective commissioner! We're going to bring the points back, because PPR is killing us! And I get calls! I get calls from people every day, and they want to congratulate me! Because they know I won, fair and square. We're going to drain the Kicker swamp, and these coaches pull their quarterbacks! The field should be a safe place! APOLOGIZE!

It's so unfair! Andrew Luck is a great person, and he should not be attacked for throwing too many touchdowns. And Yahoo says I didn't win the--- I mean, it's so unfair!

I had fun, hope I win B to play with you tomato cans again next year. Good luck, everyone not named Mudgard :P

9 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Jay-me... I want to tell you something... Tonight, the Fantasy people have spoken by selecting me as your winner of the ex perts league. Crooked Mudgard is attempting to steal this selection, even though I would have won! IF not for dozens of undocumented points, I would have won the powerful rank as easily as I won the recordial in college! I mean, you look at quarterbacks! I am winning so much with quarterbacks, and trades! Jay-ME is killing us on trade! We're losing at the WR, and our defense budget is a joke! The league has been run by- we don't even know this guy! And Whiskey Jack is a great commissioner, in the A league. I mean you look at what he's done! He's an effective commissioner! We're going to bring the points back, because PPR is killing us! And I get calls! I get calls from people every day, and they want to congratulate me! Because they know I won, fair and square. We're going to drain the Kicker swamp, and these coaches pull their quarterbacks! The field should be a safe place! APOLOGIZE!

It's so unfair! Andrew Luck is a great person, and he should not be attacked for throwing too many touchdowns. And Yahoo says I didn't win the--- I mean, it's so unfair!

I had fun, hope I win B to play with you tomato cans again next year. Good luck, everyone not named Mudgard :P

You're right to go on a 3 AM Trump rant. The other thing about your big MNF performance is you actually make the playoffs if Mya started either Cobb or Bryant. Hindsight's 20/20..neither was necessarily an obvious play (assuming you didn't know it was snowing in Chicago... and certain people in this very league who live in Chicago didn't even know), but just goes to show how close you were to both the playoffs and Non-Jaxoming and yet here we are. If that had happened, you'd have made the playoffs, POTN would be safe based on power record and Mudguard would be Jaxomed. 

Of course the 800 lbs gorilla in the room is a certain someone made a pair of 5 for 5 trades in order to fulfill her deep-seated homeristic instincts and then in the moment of truth actually benched a critical Colt - Dwayne Allen. And in all reality it was the two Patriots she played (Marty B and D. Lewis) over Dwayne Allen and Terrance West that ultimately sent her packing. The Fantasy Gods believe deeply in team loyalty, it would seem.

12 hours ago, Jaime L said:

(1) Coldwater Behemoths - Bye

I think we can all agree that this regular season championship was both well deserved and predictable. 

Saw it coming months ago.

Never doubted it. 

Ever.

Yep.

21 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

(assuming you didn't know it was snowing in Chicago... and certain people in this very league who live in Chicago didn't even know)

:leaving:

1 hour ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I think we can all agree that this regular season championship was both well deserved and predictable. 

Saw it coming months ago.

Never doubted it. 

Ever.

Number 1 in the league after scoring less than 2000 points, grumble, grumble, grumble ... Congratulations!

Coming for ya POTN. :ph34r:

Good luck to those Jaxomed with chances to retain their spots!

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

You're right to go on a 3 AM Trump rant. The other thing about your big MNF performance is you actually make the playoffs if Mya started either Cobb or Bryant. Hindsight's 20/20..neither was necessarily an obvious play (assuming you didn't know it was snowing in Chicago... and certain people in this very league who live in Chicago didn't even know), but just goes to show how close you were to both the playoffs and Non-Jaxoming and yet here we are. If that had happened, you'd have made the playoffs, POTN would be safe based on power record and Mudguard would be Jaxomed. 

Of course the 800 lbs gorilla in the room is a certain someone made a pair of 5 for 5 trades in order to fulfill her deep-seated homeristic instincts and then in the moment of truth actually benched a critical Colt - Dwayne Allen. And in all reality it was the two Patriots she played (Marty B and D. Lewis) over Dwayne Allen and Terrance West that ultimately sent her packing. The Fantasy Gods believe deeply in team loyalty, it would seem.

Pretty exciting right down to the end.  How's it go again?  Oh yeah, "That's why they (we) play the games!"  And, iirc, if I had lost and things had gone just a bit differently for some others then I would have been jaxomed!  It was a very close thing:eek: 

1 minute ago, Week said:

Number 1 in the league after scoring less than 2000 points, grumble, grumble, grumble ... Congratulations!

Coming for ya POTN. :ph34r:

Good luck to those Jaxomed with chances to retain their spots!

Heh, yeah, for all that praying to the fantasy football gods and all that extreme luck...I get to walk right into the buzz saw that is Brax Tantivy next week!:P

On 12/6/2016 at 11:42 AM, Prince of the North said:

Heh, yeah, for all that praying to the fantasy football gods and all that extreme luck...I get to walk right into the buzz saw that is Brax Tantivy next week!:P

I like that this matchup is between the team most elated to be in the wild card round and the one that couldn't be more pissed off to be in it. 

18 minutes ago, BLU-RAY said:

So, uh, what is the hierarchy of leagues to feed into the Experts slots? Asking for a friend, etc.

Is your "friend" a former Experts participant looking to return? 

I believe where we left it: W-B, W-C, W-D and the Open League are primary feeders.
If the spots aren't filled from those we look to other leagues with some quirk: W-A, Outlaw, T-Dome, Dynasty 

Tiebreakers of course go to the most proven active owners. 

17 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I like that this matchup is between the team most elated to be in the wild card round and the one that couldn't be more pissed off to be in it. 

Pissed off? Psshhh! I'm not pissed at all. 

At least not until Charcandrick West vultured Ware and then Murray scored the ONLY touchdown for the Raiders on the next drive. :)

16 hours ago, BLU-RAY said:

He might be...

OK, so only shots are a miracle via Thunderdome or via actually showing up on time next year and joining a Whiskeyjack league or two :P

I would think there would be an opportunity to put a former member back in that wasn't Jaxomed ...

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:45 PM, Howdyphillip said:

Just for clarification... What are you using to establish feeders to Experts this year... Is it still Westeros B and Open for primary feed, followed by Westeros A, and Outlaw as they are invite only leagues? 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:58 PM, Jaime L said:

Yep, W-B and Open are primary feed along with W-C as anyone can join those leagues and there's no specialty aspects to them like Dynasty, Survivor, Thunderdome or Defense. 

Then to the extent we can't fill spots out of those leagues, we look to the invite only leagues: W-A and Outlaw. Think that's the fairest way to pick the potential crop. 

This what I found from earlier in the season.

I've already lost the two primary feeder leagues I am in, but I might be able to make a case for myself by winning Outlaw, Defense, and Dynasty this year (I'm in the playoffs in all 3)

If there are people that are already in Experts this season that win Westeros B, C, or Open, could I be considered if I win these leagues?

30 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

This is exactly how you end up with Hugor fiascos.  The most entry level leagues are the WORST choices for auto feeder.

If WJ is OK with it, I'd be willing to open up an invitation slot for Outlaw next season and he could do the same for Westeros A and we could feed those two with winners of our other leagues. I'm willing to play by whatever rules you guys feel are fair.

Archived