Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

11 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but barring a literal miracle tomorrow I am mathematically eliminated right?

Yeah, looks like you're eliminated because POTN won and unless the Colts put up like 70 tonight, you're not catching Mudguard in power rankings. Best hope now is to win another league. 

10 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

i couldn't hold five tight ends and I knew that whichever one I cut would be the one to go off this week.  All moot I suspect.  POTN scored enough to where I was unlikely to win the tiebreaker regardless of my lineup.

On well.  Got it much closer that it was suggested I could a few weeks ago.

Still look to be heading for byes in Westeros C and Dynasty and playoffs in Thunderdome and Westeros A.

I might be back!

10 hours ago, Mudguard said:

I haven't done the math yet, but it looks like I barely avoided being jaxomed.  Kept things tense for me even though it was clear early on that I was going to lose to Bronn.

The result ended up chalk - POTN got the playoff spot and Mudguard saved himself with power rankings as expected. But, man, didn't mean Sunday wasn't crazy tense for virtually everyone involved because it did look like POTN was going to lose for most of the day. And there were moments Bronn looked like he could leap 3 teams and make a darkhorse run at the playoff spot. 

Plus not sure how Week and WJ's matchup flipped on a dime in the late afternoon game but that was unexpected. So Week will finish with a monster point total for the season, but no bye to show for it. FFL remains the cruelest game. 

57 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Plus not sure how Week and WJ's matchup flipped on a dime in the late afternoon game but that was unexpected. So Week will finish with a monster point total for the season, but no bye to show for it. FFL remains the cruelest game. 

It flipped on me picking up Davis instead of Green with Jordan Reed out. :( Bummer town. 

Time to win the league the hard way! (He says, cursing himself to a round 1 loss :P)

2 hours ago, Week said:

It flipped on me picking up Davis instead of Green with Jordan Reed out. :( Bummer town. 

Time to win the league the hard way! (He says, cursing himself to a round 1 loss :P)

Or we just have one extra game each on our way to the finals :)

3 hours ago, Mya Stone said:

Congrats on a hard fought W, Pooner!!!! 

(mutters to self..."if I had only started Matt Bryant....also fucking Eli")

Thanks, Mya!  Yeah, I don't hold any illusions.  It took everything I had and a great deal of luck while you could have easily won with a different start or two this week.  I'm just happy to not get Jaxomed (yet)! :P 

8 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Yeah, looks like you're eliminated because POTN won and unless the Colts put up like 70 tonight, you're not catching Mudguard in power rankings. Best hope now is to win another league. 

So you're saying there's a chance... :ph34r:

I'm in a weird place. I need Luck to throw for five hundred yards and 10 TD's, but the only way that happens is if the Jets make it competitive, which would mean Matt Forte has a game and my defense suffers.

I think I'm just gonna let it go and enjoy a hopeful Colts win.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm in a weird place. I need Luck to throw for five hundred yards and 10 TD's, but the only way that happens is if the Jets make it competitive, which would mean Matt Forte has a game and my defense suffers.

Actually, if Luck throws a few more touchdowns, especially if another one goes to Moncrief, you could have the second highest score of the week, and I think that would put you ahead of me.  You need about 25 more points, and there's still over 20 minutes left in the game.  

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'd expect nothing less than a Jace team going down throwing haymakers.

And regardless how this ends up don't think you didn't accomplish something this day. You knocked Groz to the 5th seed which while it doesn't change anything in terms of the playoffs it's quite the emotional blow. 

1 minute ago, Mudguard said:

Actually, if Luck throws a few more touchdowns, especially if another one goes to Moncrief, you could have the second highest score of the week, and I think that would put you ahead of me.  You need about 25 more points, and there's still over 20 minutes left in the game.  

1 minute ago, Jaime L said:

I'd expect nothing less than a Jace team going down throwing haymakers.

And regardless how this ends up don't think you didn't accomplish something this day. You knocked Groz to the 5th seed which while it doesn't change anything in terms of the playoffs it's quite the emotional blow. 

Aww shucks, thanks for thinking of me guys. I fully expect Luck to be pulled after the next drive though.

6 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Oh, and the funniest part about how I'm gonna get kicked out of experts. I refused to go full homer and left Dwayne Allen on my bench.

Ouch, that hurts.  Still not over yet.  Jets offense keeps giving the ball right back to Indy...

Just now, Mudguard said:

Ouch, that hurts.  Still not over yet.  Jets offense keeps giving the ball right back to Indy...

I need the vaunted NY rush defense to hold up here to even have a prayer. There's no way Luck comes back out after this drive, at which point I'll need Moncrief to have some long ass catches and a score from Tolzien.

5 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Still way too much time left.  A pick 6 or fumble return for a touchdown plus a TD for Moncrief would do it.  Or several field goals and a touchdown.

Nah, Pagano's called the dogs off on both sides of the ball. If I had a chance, it died when the linebacker chose to dodge the ball that was fluttering towards his face in favor of hitting the runningback 5 yards away as you made your post.

23 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Nah, Pagano's called the dogs off on both sides of the ball. If I had a chance, it died when the linebacker chose to dodge the ball that was fluttering towards his face in favor of hitting the runningback 5 yards away as you made your post.

Yeah, look's like you're right.  Your team put up a really good fight.  You, Bronn and I all finished with about the same power rankings.  Hope you and Bronn can win your way back in the other leagues.  Good luck to you both.

Final Power Rankings:

1) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 76-41
1) Brax Tantivy - 76-41
3) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 75-42
4) Coldwater Behemoths - 69-48
5) Greywater Greenseers - 56-61
6) Dreadfort Direwolves - 55-62
7) The Night's Ponies - 54-63
8) Eyrie Mavericks - 53-64
9) Harlaw Scythes - 50-67
10) Dreadfort TraderApes - 21-96

Wow, couldn't have finished any closer for power rankings. If Jace had finished one spot higher in the power rankings IIRC we'd look to total points which Jace actually won the year. As it is Mudguard does just enough to survive for a second Experts season.

Jaxoming Order:

1) Hugorfonics
2) Bronn 
3) Jace

You three are dead, I'm afraid, but you still have the chance to regain life. If there's only two qualified Experts entrants, Jace is safe. Unless of course Bronn saves himself with a league win which is very possible. I believe Jace can do the same. 

Playoff Matchups:
(1) Coldwater Behemoths - Bye
(2) Eyrie Mavericks - Bye
(3) Brax Tantivy vs. (6) Greywater Greenseers. Winner plays Mya.
(4) Riverrun Cobra Kai vs. (5) Horn Hill Ser Piggies. Winner plays WJ. 

Archived