Scenes that make you cry

Arch-MaesterPhilip

I can't recall any that made me absolutely blub, but a few that consistantly tear up to. Classics like Up, and well most Pixar has a scene.

On 04/08/2016 at 5:24 PM, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

The last scene of Blackadder Goes Forth is masterfully done.

The final joke of That Mitchell and Webb Look is in reference to Blackadder, they even set it up in the penultimate episode.

The Firebird Suite from Fantasia 2000 gets me as well.

I'm guaranteed to tear up in pretty much any scene where an elderly person or a child is in pain. So a lot of the films mentioned in here already brought me to tears--UP (that opening montage), Mask, It's a Wonderful Life. But the most recent film that had the flood gates opening was in Beasts of the Southern Wild. If you've scene the film then you know the scene I'm talking about, where Hushpuppy gets her dad the fried alligator. :crying:

On 8/27/2016 at 2:39 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Artax dying in The Neverending Story 

For me this scene belongs in a thread titled, "Things that irrevocably traumatized you as a child." The actor's performance, the lighting, the music--yeah. This is definitely in the Top 5 of all-time saddest movie scenes for me.

1. By far, the saddest movie I have ever seen is "The Grave of the Fireflies". It is the jewel of Studio Ghibli movies and it is the best movie you will never want to see again.

2. As a child and later teenager, I could have never watched Mufasa's death in " The Lion King" without crying.

3. War Horse Whistle

4. "Up" Opening sequence

5. Allan Shore's speech in "Boston Legal" about US society being more concerned about Brangelina than soldiers in Afghanistan.

6. Dowager Countess of Grantham stroll through the corridor after Sybil's death in "Downton Abbey". Masterful Maggie Smith.

7. Closing Argument in "A Time to Kill"

On 8/3/2016 at 7:34 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Cried at OitNB 

Reveal hidden contents

When Poussey died. Fuck everyone!

I think that OITNB had a lot of very sad moments this year, but the last episode is the reason why it can never be called comedy.

39 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I'm guaranteed to tear up in pretty much any scene where an elderly person or a child is in pain. So a lot of the films mentioned in here already brought me to tears--UP (that opening montage), Mask, It's a Wonderful Life. But the most recent film that had the flood gates opening was in Beasts of the Southern Wild. If you've scene the film then you know the scene I'm talking about, where Hushpuppy gets her dad the fried alligator. :crying:

For me this scene belongs in a thread titled, "Things that irrevocably traumatized you as a child." The actor's performance, the lighting, the music--yeah. This is definitely in the Top 5 of all-time saddest movie scenes for me.

i watched the film again the other day (i love it, and the book) and was just weeping 

On 3.08.2016 at 7:46 AM, Nictarion said:

The only time a piece of entertainment (tv show, movie, book, etc) ever made me cry was the final scenes of the Six Feet Under series finale. Bawled like a baby the first time I watched it. Even hearing the song used during the final few minutes (Breathe Me by Sia) still chokes me up.

Oh yes, this exactly.

I have also cried like a baby a few times on Jim Sheridan's In the name of the Father, especially after Giuseppe died, and during the final court scene.

Archived